Mom Forces Unusual Punishment On Criminal Teen Son

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Congrats on signing up to be a big brother/sister, Gozgals!

I empathize with the mother, but this is just not the thing to do. It's one of those almost-certain-to-backfire techniques one might see someday in a Power Point presentation called "How to Turn Your Child's Difficulties with the Law into Something More Horrible Still."

I don't think this mother deserves to be judged. Unless we have stood in her shoes we have no idea what she has been through with her son. It isn't going to hurt this boy to stand on the street wearing a sign. I see that he is wearing it and not fighting her physically trying to get rid of it. We don't know the boy or the mom but If you have ever had a child that just does what they want to do and it doesn't matter what you say or do you have no idea the hell it can be.

I give the mom credit for trying everything she can think of. It also seems that she's open to options and ideas. It may not be the best way but it sure beats either ignoring the problem or turning it around and almost praising the child for their wrong actions and making it seem like "the world is against them".

I don't see a problem. Too bad the idea of shame is almost lost in our society.
Maybe if more people were ashamed of doing bad things, we wouldn't have so much crime and bad behavior in general.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back