Moorers' Bond Hearing - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't know why people are so frightened of TM or SM being out on bond. FGS they're being monitored! No one besides H.E. had any reason to fear them before 12/18/13, but now people are scared? The only ones who have any reason to be nervous are the Elvis family and the judge set up conditions to protect them and they will be ok.

Seriously, what do you all envision is going to happen that any of the area residents needs to be scared of SM or TM?

Weird to see an accused person out and about? Ok, sure. That happened in my area with someone who killed their wife and hadn't been arrested yet. He was spotted in stories and such. Big whoop.

I don't think it's that anyone think TM is gonna walk up and kill them on the street -- but the bottom line is they've put themselves out there as 'not-so-nice' people - and they ARE STILL CHARGED with MURDER..... I'd be a little wigged out no matter who it was if I knew they were charged with murder....

Edited to add: I've photographed a lot of situations and people - and although I am very professional in what I do - there are times when I'm just simply creeped out by someone. It's human. :)

Omg the one with that smirk, makes me livid!
I don't think what we heard today was a good representation of what will come out at the trial. Sm is going to be staying elsewhere, if she really did keep him handcuffed to the bed then I'm assuming he is leaving her. Remember there is something sealed, I have a feeling the circumstantial evidence should be good.

Yes, absolutely it feels weird to see a person accused of murder out and about, especially with how big this case is here. I'm glad you were able to be comfortable with it in your town, for me, right now it makes me uneasy.
Also, this is a small area, and this 5 mile radius is concerning because of where they all live and normally frequent- they will need to change their shopping preferences (which I guess is not really a big deal though after being locked up for so long). Not sure how that kind of thing is enforced. I guess honestly, I am thinking of both families and how this affects all of them.

I live in a smaller town/suburb of a city and I never personally saw the killer out and about. He's been convicted of murder since so no worries there, but I never felt in danger since the only person who was in danger from him is the one he actually killed (his estranged wife).

I would suggest that people in the community (any community) are far more in danger by those who would break into their house in the middle of the night or even during the day, or would pull a gun on them at night in a seedy area near where drug buys occur, or some weirdo following a person to their car in an underground garage, with no one else nearby. I suspect that wherever SM or TM go (SM will likely be living in another county), since they are well-known now, you'll see pictures and hear of people shouting and jeering at them because if there's anything that attracts the cray-cray element, it's a murder defendant.

I live in a smaller town/suburb of a city and I never personally saw the killer out and about. He's been convicted of murder since so no worries there, but I never felt in danger since the only person who was in danger from him is the one he actually killed (his estranged wife).

I would suggest that people in the community (any community) are far more in danger by those who would break into their house in the middle of the night or even during the day, or would pull a gun on them at night in a seedy area near where drug buys occur, or some weirdo following a person to their car in an underground garage, with no one else nearby.

Agreed. It's more the heebee jeebee feeling after seeing so much on FB, in the news, and here!

I don't think it's that anyone think TM is gonna walk up and kill them on the street -- but the bottom line is they've put themselves out there as 'not-so-nice' people - and they ARE STILL CHARGED with MURDER..... I'd be a little wigged out no matter who it was if I knew they were charged with murder....

Edited to add: I've photographed a lot of situations and people - and although I am very professional in what I do - there are times when I'm just simply creeped out by someone. It's human. :)

I'd be more frightened of their crazy supporters than them. The not-so-nice defendants are being monitored closely. For all anyone knows they may each decide to keep a very low profile and stick very close to whatever home they each are living in. Now if it was someone like a Ted Bundy or a younger Charlie Manson or some serial killer then I'd feel extremely creeped out if I encountered them in person.

Discuss today's hearing only please and keep the other discussions in the designated threads.

:tyou:

So what happens next? Do they await actual trial or is there another pre-trial hearing? Should be interesting to see if these two reconnect. I imagine it will be a crazy volatile situation.

I think there will be a hearing on lifting the gag order soon, probably within the next few weeks. There may well be other hearings, depending on what issues still need to be resolved before trial and what motions the attorneys file. Surely at least one pre-trial hearing, I would think.

yes it looks like the time away from TM has done a world of good for SM. He wants to live in a whole nother county even. Must have liked the peace and quiet from her rants and raves handcuffs, and guns. Must not be wanting to resume that chaotic married life with her. Just a matter of time before he finds him some one else. probably younger and prettier than SM. his past may predict that. may even have another baby. And when that happens and TM gets a whiff of it it will be katie bar the door. yep I wonder what Mr SM will be up to all by his lonesome in Berkely county. might even make her mad enough to spill some beans. just to even the score some, ya know. time will tell. and it might not take all that long.

Although I'm very disappointed in the outcome, it seems the judge did rule correctly, at this point in time, given the information discussed today.

I want to thank you all so much, who gave us play by plays. :blowkiss:

:yourock:

It took me quite a while to get through the thread. Then I went to the video, but you all did such a great job, I didn't really need to! Except, of course, to try to see TM trying to catch SM's attention. I'm surprised they didn't mention the "miscarriage". Hmmmmm...

yes it looks like the time away from TM has done a world of good for SM. He wants to live in a whole nother county even. Must have liked the peace and quiet from her rants and raves handcuffs, and guns. Must not be wanting to resume that chaotic married life with her. Just a matter of time before he finds him some one else. probably younger and prettier than SM. his past may predict that. may even have another baby. And when that happens and TM gets a whiff of it it will be katie bar the door. yep I wonder what Mr SM will be up to all by his lonesome in Berkely county. might even make her mad enough to spill some beans. just to even the score some, ya know. time will tell. and it might not take all that long.

I agree. Judging by her inability to keep her mouth shut while she was in the spotlight before being charged...and SM having the opportunity to have a life without her. I don't think she'll be able to keep it together too long. IMO..."Hey. I love you, babe", indeed. Him not responding to her at all is enough to get her started, IMO. Will she be waiting outside when he's released tomorrow, do you think? I would not be surprised at all. That would make a great video.

Oh, those poor, poor children. :(

I am sure she is ready to do everything within her power to get pregnant before the trial. JMO

I am almost wondering if the Judge was trying to save the state from revealing too much today. He sure was mouthy when she was speaking and so quiet for the defense, it was strange.

I really don't know why people are so frightened of TM or SM being out on bond. FGS they're being monitored! No one besides H.E. had any reason to fear them before 12/18/13, but now people are scared? The only ones who have any reason to be nervous are the Elvis family and the judge set up conditions to protect them and they will be ok.

Seriously, what do you all envision is going to happen that any of the area residents needs to be scared of SM or TM?

Weird to see an accused person out and about? Ok, sure. That happened in my area with someone who killed their wife and hadn't been arrested yet. He was spotted in stories and such. Big whoop.
The concern I can see is not specifically with TM or SM, it's that the community will draw lines (after all, weren't they shot at before?) which means anyone in the vicinity of any altercations could get hurt. Nutjobs with guns, knives, sticks and stones are scary.

http://www.counton2.com/story/27978...-am-for-couple-charged-in-heather-elvis-death

During a more than 35-minute talk to the judge, Sidney Moorer's attorney Kirk Truslow argued that while Sidney had lied to investigators about calling Heather Elvis, he quickly then told the truth and only briefly lied because his wife, Tammy Moorer, was present for the interview.

Sidney's attorney was allowed to talk for 35+ minutes without interruption by the judge. Tammy's attorney didn't speak nearly as long, but Truslow had already covered most of it. They each were given ample time to speak their piece, and they spent most of it disparaging the evidence.

Prosecution takes the mike, begins defending the evidence and the judge is suddenly, Whoa! I don't care about the evidence, the accused is innocent until proven guilty by the US Constitution, etc., etc., etc. Why didn't he stop the defense attorneys from discussing the evidence, if he didn't care about the evidence? Beats me, but that's why it sounded so bad by the time he announced his decision on bond.

Anyway, it's only attorney-speak. They're just doing their jobs. Take it for what it's worth.

If the prosecution can't bring it at trial, that's when I'll be flipping smooth out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc