Moorers' Bond Hearing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried to come up with something that doesn't involve both of them as well. I can't get Heather to PTL without SM telling her to go there and I can't come up with a reason for SM to want Heather dead. In my mind, it always takes both of them. I always end up with SM getting Heather to the landing and TM wanting to kill her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, I agree about tinkering around with only one of the accused being involved...I come up with nada.

I have no doubt LE charged both of them with kidnapping and murder
for good reason.

Good grief! You can't be a little bit pregnant. Either you are or you aren't! So which is Tammy??? Just shaking my head. Can the lady tell the truth about anything?

I think, maybe others here smarter than I can help, that there have been other murder cases (not necessarily a scorned lover type case) but one in which people very close (like a spouse) didn't KNOW that the person they were close to had committed a murder?

Maybe I'm wrong - but I vaguely remember reading/watching something on a case in which that was the case. (Husband killed someone - wife had NO idea until months later when something happened that made her go "WTF" and led to her husbands arrest)

I think, maybe others here smarter than I can help, that there have been other murder cases (not necessarily a scorned lover type case) but one in which people very close (like a spouse) didn't KNOW that the person they were close to had committed a murder?

Maybe I'm wrong - but I vaguely remember reading/watching something on a case in which that was the case. (Husband killed someone - wife had NO idea until months later when something happened that made her go "WTF" and led to her husbands arrest)

There's a TV series out on ID T.V. (I think, I may be wrong about the channel name) called "Who the Bleep Did I Marry?" It's also on Netflix. It's episodes based on true stories of how either the husband or wife was this famous murderer who lived a double life and their S.O had no idea until the police came knocking on their door. One of the episodes I remember watching was the wife of the Green River Killer, she had no idea her husband was out killing people and then switching roles into being a father/husband. It's crazy and pretty surreal to watch. :hearno:

Edit: Here's link to watch clips/episodes. http://tinyurl.com/kz7lxyf

Wasn't sure where to put this:

Moorer relatives struggling to cope with harassment during Heather Elvis case

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_cae5bb8e-e76f-11e3-9373-001a4bcf6878.html

Those poor kids. IMO, it's a very bad idea for a reporter to list names, ages and where these children are residing. I also have some very serious reservations about allowing CM to speak to the media :banghead:

In regards to the rest of the family quoted in the story. Not all members have been praying for the Elvis family. As a matter of fact, I can name three off the top of my head who were blasting various facebook pages with highly inappropriate comments and posts.

With no other adults present, CM said the police interrogated him and his sister while their little brother remained in the car.
“They started off being nice,” he said. “Then they started telling me I was lying about things and I wasn’t. I was being very truthful with them.”
CM said on the night that police say Elvis was murdered, he never heard his parents leave the house or any other noises.

I hope they knew they didn't have to talk, without a lawyer. I also wonder why LE is calling children liars? Their parents have just been arrested, why were they being treated this way? And lying about what? It is completely possible the kids didn't hear anything that night. Sounds like LE is mad that they can't get the kids to testify against their parents. And why was the 8-year-old in the car? He wasn't allowed to sit outside the questioning room? Someone could have followed the car w/ the kids, and taken him.

Those poor kids. IMO, it's a very bad idea for a reporter to list names, ages and where these children are residing. I also have some very serious reservations about allowing CM to speak to the media :banghead:

In regards to the rest of the family quoted in the story. Not all members have been praying for the Elvis family. As a matter of fact, I can name three off the top of my head who were blasting various facebook pages with highly inappropriate comments and posts.

I think CM is old enough to make a decision about whether he wants to talk to the media. I think he wants people to know what he and his siblings are going through, because a lot of people think the harassment has stopped, or never went on.

As a parent of a 15 year old, I would not want him speaking to reporters, or anyone else, about a serious situation like this. Although his grandmother may have custody of him, it is really still his parents who should have to consent to this type of interview. That being said, I'm sure his mother probably would encourage these types of statements- however, it continues to be a case of a minor being put in a position he should not be in. Highly inappropriate parenting, IMO. Speaking personally, and professionally, as a parent and a clinical social worker who works with teenagers, but, of course, MOO.

As a parent of a 15 year old, I would not want him speaking to reporters, or anyone else, about a serious situation like this. Although his grandmother may have custody of him, it is really still his parents who should have to consent to this type of interview. That being said, I'm sure his mother probably would encourage these types of statements- however, it continues to be a case of a minor being put in a position he should not be in. Highly inappropriate parenting, IMO. Speaking personally, and professionally, as a parent and a clinical social worker who works with teenagers, but, of course, MOO.

You stated it so much better than I, thank you. I would like to share more of my opinions on the 'parenting' these children previously and currently endure, and what he stated in the story linked above. Not to mention allowing them to attend the previous court hearings. However, I will refrain.

I hope they come through this trial and it's aftermath without too many scars. If I were PC, I'd be seeking professional help for them NOW.

Maybe he was too young to talk to the media, but I think the question we should be asking is: Why are these children living in fear? I hope what CM is saying is not just brushed off to focus on his age.

You stated it so much better than I, thank you. I would like to share more of my opinions on the 'parenting' these children previously and currently endure, and what he stated in the story linked above. Not to mention allowing them to attend the previous court hearings. However, I will refrain.

I hope they come through this trial and it's aftermath without too many scars. If I were PC, I'd be seeking professional help for them NOW.

Above, BBM. I pray they will do this. Better yet that they already have. The whole situation is heartbreaking. So many victims here. I guess that's always the case. SMH.

Maybe he was too young to talk to the media, but I think the question we should be asking is: Why are these children living in fear? I hope what CM is saying is not just brushed off to focus on his age.

I completely agree with this. If the police do not investigate this, and bring charges if it is true, I think LE themselves should be investigated. This is not acceptable. If it is true. This is not how society should be functioning. Not at all.

Elder said during initial interviews with police, the Moorers admitted to going to different areas of the Myrtle Beach area in the early morning hours of Dec. 18 after Elvis’ disappearance to have sexual relations. Those incidents led to the indecent exposure charges. Elder said police also interviewed the Moorers’ three children.

“They have been extremely coached and even then their stories conflict,” she said.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/article_588cb81e-ae0b-11e3-86e2-0017a43b2370.html?mode=jqm

And it's still going on. I wish they would just keep the kids out of the courtroom, out of the media and quit with the drama they are exposing them to. Sure they want to talk & should be talking with therapist for all they are going through. My heart goes out to them. jmo

Thanks, Dr. Know?. I was thinking of that bolded statement but didn't want to mention it without the link. The interview did sound like it could have been coached. But any which way you look at it they shouldn't be involved. And the fear, may be real, and should be investigated to ensure their safety and peace of mind. I'd also like to know if they were interrogated without another adult present. That doesn't seem appropriate. I don't know the legality of questioning minors but I would think they would at least be required to have a law advocate with them.

I completely agree with this. If the police do not investigate this, and bring charges if it is true, I think LE themselves should be investigated. This is not acceptable. If it is true. This is not how society should be functioning. Not at all.

Couldn't agree with you more!!

But look at what the adults around these children are saying in front of them and how they are reacting. Not down-playing the seriousness of the situation, but look at some of the quotes from family in the news story. Not everything needs to be discussed in their presence. Who is looking out for THEIR best welfare?

The situation exists because Sidney & Tammy created it. It almost seems like the children are being told that LE are the bad guys. Just like another poster above said, the ripple effect of this crime reaches well beyond the Elvis family.

Elder said during initial interviews with police, the Moorers admitted to going to different areas of the Myrtle Beach area in the early morning hours of Dec. 18 after Elvis’ disappearance to have sexual relations. Those incidents led to the indecent exposure charges. Elder said police also interviewed the Moorers’ three children.

“They have been extremely coached and even then their stories conflict,” she said.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/article_588cb81e-ae0b-11e3-86e2-0017a43b2370.html?mode=jqm

And it's still going on. I wish they would just keep the kids out of the courtroom, out of the media and quit with the drama they are exposing them to. Sure they want to talk & should be talking with therapist for all they are going through. My heart goes out to them. jmo

The prosecution has a case to prove. If three residents of the house said they didn't hear anything that night, they need an explanation. Either they all slept through Heather's murder, their parents arguing, leaving the house and returning, etc, or they are all coached, (to the point that none of the kids have broken down and said everything they know).

Couldn't agree with you more!!

But look at what the adults around these children are saying in front of them and how they are reacting. Not down-playing the seriousness of the situation, but look at some of the quotes from family in the news story. Not everything needs to be discussed in their presence. Who is looking out for THEIR best welfare?

The situation exists because Sidney & Tammy created it. It almost seems like the children are being told that LE are the bad guys. Just like another poster above said, the ripple effect of this crime reaches well beyond the Elvis family.

thank you Knox. I could not have said that better myself. When SM and TM decided to murder HE they put their own children at risk in so many ways. the blame points straight at their front door. But all in all the children will pay the price. TM should have thought twice before she let the jealousy bell ring at her door--but ultimately SM is to blame.
hopefully other families will learn a lesson from this. Adultery is not really worth all this---is it???!!!

IF TM is preggo..........baby would be due in July??? She should be showing, right?? Anyone have pix of her belly from hearing???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor