Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's how I remember it.
I even wrote down the date and x'd it out because it was cancelled.

Maybe you guys would know. Was there something scheduled for June 27th for one or both Moorers to appear? I thought it was this case, but I may be thinking of another one. Are their pleas entered way before the trial or right before?

As well, I wonder how much jail time you get for Medicaid fraud. Wonder what the family spin on this crime is going to be--someone impersonated Tammy at Social Services?????

Maybe you guys would know. Was there something scheduled for June 27th for one or both Moorers to appear? I thought it was this case, but I may be thinking of another one. Are their pleas entered way before the trial or right before?

As well, I wonder how much jail time you get for Medicaid fraud. Wonder what the family spin on this crime is going to be--someone impersonated Tammy at Social Services?????

Under the Indecent Exposure charge 'Actions' tab it has 6/27/2014 as the "Begin Date", not sure it that means trial date for that charge or not. I don't know if this link will work since you have to type in the authentication numbers/letters on the front page but I'll try it:

http://publicindex.sccourts.org/Hor...ency=26102&Casenum=2014A2611000021&CaseType=C

Just did a little googling to see if I could find any new information regarding their bond hearing today. While I didn't seem to find any information regarding medicaid fraud, I did come across this website that has a detailed article with HQ pictures. The first one they have is a HQ picture of their backyard, where you can see all the trash and disaster they have built up. I don't recall seeing this picture before, so i'm going to share it in case any of you haven't.

It's the 9th (I think picture down) http://tinyurl.com/q888q24

or here's a direct link to the picture itself -

http://tinyurl.com/nfakfq5

In regards to their new charges, all I can say is :floorlaugh: . They're doing an excellent job at building their own case against themselves. Color me shocked that TM & SM would lie?!

I'm not sure where to put this but I looked at the SC public index to see if any dates were put up and found this on SM's listing:

Moorer, Sidney Stclair 3471-Breach / Obtain signature or prop. under false pretenses, value $10,000 or more 3471-Breach / Obtain signature or prop. under false pretenses, value $10,000 or more

with filed and arrest date of 6/03/2014 and case number 2014A2610700587

http://publicindex.sccourts.org/Horry/PublicIndex/PISearch.aspx

ETA: Also, under the Actions tab:

Moorer, Sidney Stclair Bond Hearing Event 06/03/2014-14:00

Edit again - but wait, there's more lol:

Moorer, Sidney Stclair 2419-False / False statement on application for Medicaid assistance 2419-False / False statement on application for Medicaid assistance

Same charges for TM.

:waitasec: Let's review.....

They are in jail on murder, kidnapping and other charges. They have lied to police about what happened the night in question.

Bond Denied twice for TM, once for SM. TM may or may not be preggers, judge tells her not to talk. :giggle:

Do they truly believe they are that much smarter than everyone else, that they seem to have lied again WHILE in jail? And nobody would notice? :waitasec: Tells me these two have been up to no good for a long time. It comes so easily for them.

Yup, that is just a special kind of stupid.
animated-smileys-laughing-327.gif
animated-smileys-laughing-291.gif

I swear, you just can't make this stuff up! :)

From the link:

They are accused of concealing or failing to disclose to Medicaid the true household and financial status between January 2007 and March 2013, which caused the Moorers to receive Medicaid benefits they were not entitled to receive. "The value of these benefits were over $10,000," according to investigators

Ok, so this caught up to them today, they didn't do it today. Still, how stupid! What a couple of :censored: . :notgood:

Sounds like they are piling on the charges incase they are acquitted or don't receive the maximum for the most severe ones.

Sounds like they are piling on the charges incase they are acquitted or don't receive the maximum for the most severe ones.

or "piling on the charges" cause they broke the law and committed fraud and should be held responsible for their actions?

Sounds to me like they are charging people who they think have committed a crime.

from that article

The couple's home was searched Friday morning by police who, Lieutenant Robert Kegler said, had a search warrant after analyzing video surveillance.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...husband-having-affair-with.html#ixzz33c6BwIts
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

and
A police statement released Friday said: 'The search warrant was executed in an attempt to identify potential evidence based on new information obtained through expert analysis of previously seized surveillance tapes in the area along with financial discrepancies filed with the State of South Carolina on behalf of the occupants of the residence.'
Police teams and K9 units were seen investigating at the property on Friday.

so again--as I stated previously--getting the trucks seized was no biggie because they were seen on the 2 videos heading to and from PTL.
HOWEVER--they saw something on those videos--or others in the area--that allowed them to search the PROPERTY. and in my humble opinion--that is a HUGE biggie.:clap::clap:

or "piling on the charges" cause they broke the law and committed fraud and should be held responsible for their actions?

If they are found guilty of murder and kidnapping, and are given LWOP, then it just a waste of taxpayer money to have another trial for the fraud charges. They are already in jail for their rest of their lives. However, if they are found not guilty or somehow get a small sentence, then they can get them on something else (see: OJ). They are digging into the background, to find things completely unrelated to Heather's case, for a reason.

From the link:

They are accused of concealing or failing to disclose to Medicaid the true household and financial status between January 2007 and March 2013, which caused the Moorers to receive Medicaid benefits they were not entitled to receive. "The value of these benefits were over $10,000," according to investigators

Ok, so this caught up to them today, they didn't do it today. Still, how stupid! What a couple of :censored: . :notgood:

Ah ha! That's why they withdrew that large cash withdrawal from the bank.

The felt all guilty for taking Medicaid benefits they were'nt entitled to and wanted to pay the money back :rolleyes:

IIRC didn't a local tell us early in he case that she had seen TM using food stamps??
That would be welfare fraud also if true?
Maybe more charges coming, I won't be surprised.
Getting to see the family thinking they could outsmart everyone.
any locals here remember???
I cannot find the post..........sorry.

If they are found guilty of murder and kidnapping, and are given LWOP, then it just a waste of taxpayer money to have another trial for the fraud charges. They are already in jail for their rest of their lives. However, if they are found not guilty or somehow get a small sentence, then they can get them on something else (see: OJ). They are digging into the background, to find things completely unrelated to Heather's case, for a reason.

It will be a separate trial?

Yes, but you say "piling on the charges" in case they get acquitted like they're just bringing up charges for the heck of it. Regardless if they will spend life in prison w/o parole, they still need to have their backgrounds checked into, and the charges brought against them for what they did commit. Those charges could affect the trial, probably not directly but that's irrelevant. Doesn't mean they are immune to having the charges brought upon them because they could be (most likely!) will be spending life in prison.

Just for a little preview of what they're facing in addition to all their other charges...

OBTAINING SIGNATURE OR PROPERTY BY FALSE PRETENSE

Misdemeanor, Class E or F Felony

Code §16-13-240
CDR Codes 3469, 3470, 3471

Elements Of The Offense:

1.That the accused did obtain the signature of a person to a written instrument or did obtain property by false representation of a material fact, and
2.That the accused knew the representation to be false, and
3.That the representation was of a present or past fact, and
4.That the person from whom the goods were obtained relied upon the representation to be true, and
5.That the accused did intend to cheat or defraud the person from whom the goods were obtained.

Penalty: If the value of the property is $10,000 or more; fine of not more than $500 dollars and imprisonment for not more than 10 years.

Since she has never been arrested, the defense is going to try to say that TM is a law abiding citizen and this will prove she is not.

Is it more likely that fraud charges trial will be before the murder trial? The murder trial will be at the earliest, early next year, but could be as far as 3+ years away. Do fraud charges take as long to get to trial? Also, is it likely that there will be a different prosecutor, different judge, etc because it is a different type of crime, and so no conflict of interest?

my thanks button doesn't work for some posts, but I am thanking you in my mind Justice forHE

well today while the bond hearing was in progress I was out riding around Socastee again doing some errands. I rode by the corner of Mill Pond Road and there was a fairly new poster of HE installed. and I rode by TE house--kinda of expected yellow ribbons on the porch columns or something. but there was nothing like that. I did see Heathers green car in the driveway. Very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor