Mother of one of Lisa Irwin’s half brothers speaks out

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks. So let me morph my speculation to fit that. She decided to have the custody battle re-opened, and called the attorney she felt comfortable with who handled the earlier court matters with her. MOO.

Seems to be what is evolving in this case.

Or he may have been ruthless because that's what he is. The speculation can swing both ways. A woman who has little education, no job or means of support such as DB is perfect prey for an abuser. Refusing to allow DB to be interviewed alone and not allowing the interviews of the boys are HUGE red flags.

JMO

.....something is very wrong. Why isn't he fuming at DB. She got wasted while watching his children and one is missing. Instead he is holding her and supporting her and telling us she doesn't know anymore than he does....and how does he know? I bet the estranged mother of his child could give us an earful, but she has to be careful. I'm thinking she is afraid of him. I know I am.

Thanks. So let me morph my speculation to fit that. She decided to have the custody battle re-opened, and called the attorney she felt comfortable with who handled the earlier court matters with her. MOO.

Maybe. Maybe the lawyer is a friend and that's why she'll do contested custody issues for her, even though it's not generally a part of her normal practice.

It's also possible that the custody arrangement was uncontested. I just don't know, and I hope to keep my mind open about that until more information appears... IF more information is ever shown to be vital to the case.

...I have to wonder who is the bigger substance abuser in this case..:waitasec:

I'm lost I guess. Is there someone in this case who is native American and was adopted?

Nope, speculation on why the biological mother may not have known her rights. It was suggested I educate myself on native custody issues, so I explained how/why I'm familiar with native custody issues. It was just an offshoot of the discussion at hand.

How do you start a new threat can anyone help?. different topic completly

O/T
LOL! To start a new "threat" I couldn't resist, "You need to call Homeland Security" Janet N...j/k

To start a new thread go to Lisa's main forum. About your 3rd dark color (mines dark blue) thread header it says "thread starter". Name it and claim it.

Thanks you made me laugh and no harm intended with my post. I edit a lot of my posts, darn keys. xoxo

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=463"]Lisa Irwin Missing! - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I do agree that if at all possible, a child should be kept closely to the community.

It's hard to make that mesh with my belief that a permanent adoptive home is better than bouncing through fosters when no other option is present. JMO, and my opinion is obviously biased by my own experience.

I could make a strong argument for both of the sentiments above, unfortunately. I think I see way too much gray and not enough black and white. :crazy:

BBM Red and Blue are good colors to see, as well. ;)

OT In South Dakota there are other options than foster care that is non-Native based; they are just not utilized. My Mom was actually adopted into a very good home, just not a Native home. Even to her passing I watched her struggle with problems because she was inherently Native living in a non-Native culture.

Apparently you have succeeded in your journey and I admire the fact that you are advocating for children now.

O/T - Did you guys catch the article in which the parents are now declining to be interviewed? Just friggen great. Prediction - they will pull the plug on the boys being interviewed on Friday. Just sad.

.....something is very wrong. Why isn't he fuming at DB. She got wasted while watching his children and one is missing. Instead he is holding her and supporting her and telling us she doesn't know anymore than he does....and how does he know? I bet the estranged mother of his child could give us an earful, but she has to be careful. I'm thinking she is afraid of him. I know I am.

One or both of them is responsible for what happened to Lisa. In the end, I think they will be pointing the finger at one another.

JMO

O/T - Did you guys catch the article in which the parents are now declining to be interviewed? Just friggen great. Prediction - they will pull the plug on the boys being interviewed on Friday. Just sad.
That is sad. I've said over and over, sometimes you just gotta put your big girl panties on and do what you go to do. *sigh*

Nope, speculation on why the biological mother may not have known her rights. It was suggested I educate myself on native custody issues, so I explained how/why I'm familiar with native custody issues. It was just an offshoot of the discussion at hand.

I'm still confused. Is the mother a Native American? I wasn't aware of that if she is.

I'm lost I guess. Is there someone in this case who is native American and was adopted?[/QUOTE ]

Speaking to the fact that mothers, no matter their ethnicity, have difficulty if they don't have a support system. You would have either had to read the links in the original post made by [sorry can't remember] or know the situation [of support issues] first hand.

That is sad. I've said over and over, sometimes you just gotta put your big girl panties on and do what you go to do. *sigh*

This seals the deal for me. One, or both of them are guilty, and are responsible for the disappearance of Baby Lisa.

GO GET THEM LE!!! Bring Baby Lisa home!

I'm still confused. Is the mother a Native American? I wasn't aware of that if she is.

It has not been addressed, but someone else posted links to native custody issues and commented that it wasn't only common on reservations.

She did not, so far as I recall, make a comment that THIS mother was indigenous... it just opened up a discussion about reservation tribal issues and how it happens to indigent women in US government courts as well. Making a correlation I assume.

eta- It was an off-shoot, and probably not relevant. But since it was addressed to me, I was inclined to reply.

I completely agree.That's what always bothered me most in this case.His support of her.Whether or not she's guilty there's just something so odd about that.

I wonder if DB had something to do with that? A little OT here: a friend of mine went through the same thing. Divorced - husband left her for another woman. Then they came after the child. Got the little boy (who was only 3 or 4) to call the new woman "mother", etc. In the end, the dad got custody after her remarried the new woman. It had a lot to do with $$$ --- he had a nicer home, a better lawyer, money to fight endlessly, money to bribe his son with gifts/toys. And a new wife who despised the ex-wife and did all she could to stomp on her. And she did... it has broken her heart. :(

Could something similar have happened here? Just thinking out loud.
I can answer part of that. He got custody of his son before DB came around. She very well might have to do with RR not seeing her son for 2 years IMO.

i think this is sad. she had no resourses to help her when the broke up. She is not from the US but should be able to meet her child

Where does this article say she's not from the US?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using Tapatalk.

What is perhaps telling is the timeline of this article. She got an interview days after Lisa's disappearance, but the video was off of a cell phone. Perhaps the producer rejected this and the article was shelved, then reignited with the boys being interviewed on Friday. She was called and talked to on Wednesday, but her attorney said no camera interview so they had to go with the cell phone footage, IMO. What may be going on is that she NOW has an attorney. A notable thing she said on Wednesday is that she is worried about her son. Worry = problem, and perhaps part of the solution to that problem is that she wants custody, and so got an attorney for this. MOO. I am hopeful this is the case.

Speculation: It should not be overlooked that this custody battle in 2008 was right about when Debbie entered the picture. It is not a given that the viciousness was originating from Jeremy, perhaps he was just the lapdog boyfriend doing what his girlfriend told him was best. MOO.
I can answer this part of the equation that he had full custody of the son before DB entered the picture. He could very well be doing the lapdog thing about RR not seeing her son though. This does fit the time frame for that part.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BranVan
Back