Mothers Who Kill Their Children

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Goody said:
Good point and that might prove to be true, but something is amiss. Either people aren't talking because they fear retalliation or thru mislplaced loyalty, but the fact remains that they aren't talking. Makes me want to paw at the earth to see if I can hit a nerve.
Why can't we find someone who knows her!?!!? I would love to get an up close opinion of her.

Thinkoflaura said:
Oh, she probably has a whole new " slew" of " friends" in prison.
Last time I happened to see her on TV, she looked 100% better than she did before the murders. Go figure!

One thing I want to comment on: I don't know how the details of all the altruistic and kind things she did materially for people came to light, as it apparently wasn't in the trial from what I read of Jeana's last post..
It was in the trial transcripts. Karen Neal's testimony told of Darlie paying her mortgate payments while she had cancer and had to miss work. I believe the information about Darlie paying for Mercedes' Cancun trip, which never happened because of the crime, was in one of the books. Mercedes was supposed to testify but didn't.

Thinkoflaura said:
In my family, the definition of being generous means not ever discussing what was done for or given to someone else. I think she may have done things for show, like a certain Mrs. Ramsey I have heard of.
Maybe but for someone as young as Darlie (only 27 at the time) I don't know how much weight you want to put on that. At that age everyone within your circle pretty much knows everything going on with you. Unless someone in the group said they felt it was just for show, I don't think I would jump to that assumption.

Thinkoflaura said:
I wonder if they are alike, pathologically speaking? Both come from rough backgrounds, both married men who were riding the computer craze...
If Darlie had had a daughter, I wonder if she would have put her in pageants?
Thank God she didn't ever give birth to a little girl... I STILL wonder why the baby boy lived and the other two were murdered though.
I don't think the baby was ever a target at all. Maybe because he was a baby and she wanted to keep at least one child. Or maybe because the murder of one child happened unexpectedly and they or she thought the other boy would suffer too much by losing his brother. Or maybe one child was a witness and needed to be silenced. Or maybe the older boys were just too much to handle and it was decided that they only needed one child. You can probably imagine all sorts of combinations of reasons if you speculate.

deandaniellws said:
Why can't we find someone who knows her!?!!? I would love to get an up close opinion of her.
I don't know. maybe we should send out a form letter to the subdivision. LOL!

Goody said:
You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but all of that doesn't tell me squat about what Darlie was like BEFORE the murders, which is the evidence I would like to unearth right now. :slap:
Why does it matter? Once she crossed the line, that's all that matters. Stop hitting me, that's very rude

Goody said:
But I agree. Dolly doesn't look cheap and neither does Darlie in those glamour shots.
Those Glamour Shots can make anyone look cheap. They are the tackiest things I've ever seen. Darlie looked cheaper in those than in other photos, except that Xmas one.

beesy said:
Why does it matter? Once she crossed the line, that's all that matters. Stop hitting me, that's very rude
hahahahahahahahahah!:croc:

Well, if all you are interested in is the crime, I guess it does start and end there. It takes more to satisfy Goody though. i want to know why Darlie is different from us IF she is different from us. Like when I put down an Ann Rule book, I feel intellectually satisified, like one feels after a good meal. I can't leave this case until I get that feeling. I want to be satisfied not only that she is guilty (which I have no doubt) but that she is where she belongs, that the truth won't present a very sad portrait. I mean, I want to know if she is just some lowlife who selfishly killed her kids or if she was a lost soul or some misguided product of our materialistic society. Can you look at her life and actions before the murders and see her getting step by step closer to the tragedy? Goody wonders many, many things. And I am almost certain that I cannot die until I know. So I have to find out while still on this earthly plane. Still object?

deandaniellws said:
Ok..dumb me...where are the glamor shots?
The glamour shots are the portraits that Darin and Darlie had professionally made. I think you can find some of them at justicefordarlie.net.

I think beesy calls the photographs made at the prison glamour shots, but those are not professionally made pictures. Just someone with a camera, probably a guard, took those.

Goody said:
The glamour shots are the portraits that Darin and Darlie had professionally made. I think you can find some of them at justicefordarlie.net.

I think beesy calls the photographs made at the prison glamour shots, but those are not professionally made pictures. Just someone with a camera, probably a guard, took those.
No, I'm talking about the business called Glamour Shots, where regular people go and expect to be turned into movie stars. This place plasters on makeup and teases one's hair up to the sky and then you "strike a pose". I would hardly call these professional photos, although I guess officially they are. If you want to be turned into a caricature, then that's the place to go.
The photos at the prison are a whole different matter.

deandaniellws said:
Ok..dumb me...where are the glamor shots?
I looked on both sites, but couldn't find any of them. Do you have any of the books?

beesy said:
I looked on both sites, but couldn't find any of them. Do you have any of the books?
Not yet...but some have been mailed to me and should arrive shortly! :p

beesy said:
No, I'm talking about the business called Glamour Shots, where regular people go and expect to be turned into movie stars. This place plasters on makeup and teases one's hair up to the sky and then you "strike a pose". I would hardly call these professional photos, although I guess officially they are. If you want to be turned into a caricature, then that's the place to go.
I guess it is all in one's perception of what "cheap looking" is. I have never found them offensive, so maybe I am not a good person to discuss it with. Of course, some Hollywood types made fun of Tammy Wynette for having a velvet painting on the wall in her home, but I remember when those things came out. Us working class peons thought they were so cool. My mother actually made me a peacock with beads and feathers on black velvet and it hung in my house for years. I never thought of us as being "cheap trailer trash" but maybe we were. They say you can't see yourself as clearly as you see others.

beesy said:
The photos have been taken down on the darlie site and I can't get into justicefordarlie.net. They must be adding something. Try again tomorrow.

Goody said:
The photos have been taken down on the darlie site and I can't get into justicefordarlie.net. They must be adding something. Try again tomorrow.
I looked at every picture on that site last night. No glamour shots.:(

Goody said:
I guess it is all in one's perception of what "cheap looking" is. I have never found them offensive, so maybe I am not a good person to discuss it with. Of course, some Hollywood types made fun of Tammy Wynette for having a velvet painting on the wall in her home, but I remember when those things came out. Us working class peons thought they were so cool. My mother actually made me a peacock with beads and feathers on black velvet and it hung in my house for years. I never thought of us as being "cheap trailer trash" but maybe we were. They say you can't see yourself as clearly as you see others.
Hey...at the time those were really in. Everyone including Hugh Hefner had them. So did Elvis. They were not trashy at the time. I think your mom making this for you was wonderful. Protect it if it is in your attic. Your great grandchildren will laugh and enjoy it. In my opinion...everything has its time. The show Dallas was nothing but a continuous stream of big hair, *advertiser censored*, huge shoulder pads and show off bad behavior. That was the times back then. If some want to call it trashy...well then maybe they are not old enough to remember a time when it was "the thing". I do think wearing a thong in your yard is kind of trashy. But....that is my opinion.

deandaniellws said:
...Dolly has talent. She sings and she can act. She is heads above Lonnie.
Dolly is a talented songwriter, too. Lonnie Anderson said that she was offered far more jobs as a blonde. That's why she changed her looks--for her career.

beesy said:
I had "Glamour Shots" and they turned out fantastic. I hate to sound conceited, but I look like a model in mine. That being said, they are not going to be able to perform miracles and make a fat person look thin or a homely person look gorgeous.

I went with a co-worker of mine, and she hated her photos. However, I thought that they made her look better than she looked in "real life."

nanandjim said:
Dolly is a talented songwriter, too. Lonnie Anderson said that she was offered far more jobs as a blonde. That's why she changed her looks--for her career.
Speaking of Dolly....Working 9-5 is on right now! I am watching it. "I am going to change you from a rooster to a hen in one shot!" Gosh....I love that line. I love Dolly. She is just precious!!!:)

deandaniellws said:
I looked at every picture on that site last night. No glamour shots.:(
There are some very nice photos of the family and poses with just the boys. Maybe they are in one of the books or on some of these TV shows. Darlie looks just beautiful in them.

deandaniellws said:
Hey...at the time those were really in. Everyone including Hugh Hefner had them. So did Elvis. They were not trashy at the time. I think your mom making this for you was wonderful. Protect it if it is in your attic. Your great grandchildren will laugh and enjoy it. In my opinion...everything has its time. The show Dallas was nothing but a continuous stream of big hair, *advertiser censored*, huge shoulder pads and show off bad behavior. That was the times back then. If some want to call it trashy...well then maybe they are not old enough to remember a time when it was "the thing". I do think wearing a thong in your yard is kind of trashy. But....that is my opinion.
How about strutting in it all over your neighborhood? hahahahahahahah!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back