Motion to Take Deposition to Perpetuate Testimony of Jill Kerley

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was RK ever charged with any of these accusations? If someone duct taped me (against my will) or held me against my will for 2 weeks, I'd press charges.

Wouldn't they think maybe the Anthonys had more odds of doing the deed than Kronk?

Why aren't they investigating them more thoroughly? Or are they saving that for the day of the trial?

I am completely confused. Just yesterday WESH had a report that she is going to testify on Monday!:waitasec:

ETA Link:

http://www.wesh.com/news/22315979/detail.html

This article at link seems to contradict itself. Strange.

But didn't you get a laugh from this: :laughitup:

"NeJame said blaming the man who found Caylee's remains could damage the defense team's credibility with the jury.

"If you're going to be taking shots, be careful they don't ricochet and hit you back," he said."

Oh yes, let it ricochet right back at them! :sothere:

Was RK ever charged with any of these accusations? If someone duct taped me (against my will) or held me against my will for 2 weeks, I'd press charges.

Roy explains here that it was a no bill ( no charges) and it was expunged from his record. Even mom and pop said they do not want him dragged through the mud. "Brad Conway, the attorney for George and Cindy Anthony, told WESH they want the truth rather than dirt about Kronk.

“They have been vilified unjustly,” Conway said of his clients. “They know what it’s like to live under a microscope unfairly. And they don’t want that to occur to somebody who found their granddaughter.”

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DNCBo-lz2w[/ame]
www..com/.../george-cindy-anthony-dont-want-roy-kronk-dragged-through-mud/ -

Hey all, I have a kinda OT question. What time is court Monday? I have been busy on one of my other favorite cases, but that one is settled and I need to read back and see what I have missed on Caylee. Anyone know what time court is Monday?
Thanks!

Well, I have to say that unless JB and Co. have some real good reason, some true and actual suspicion, something that actually points to RK and not just the word of an ex-wife who wasn't worried enough to call the police, then this stunt is about the lowest thing I have ever heard of. If they are willingly going to implicate someone in the murder of a child without any evidence what-so-ever just to cast doubt for their client, then I have absolutely no respect for them! Just because JK says he should be considered a suspect, we are just to run this man into the ground, no evidence needed? GMAB! How about if I go down to FL and tell the judge how I feel that KC is the only one guilty with all of the discovery I have seen. Will they let me testify? This just stinks to high heaven!

But didn't you get a laugh from this: :laughitup:

"NeJame said blaming the man who found Caylee's remains could damage the defense team's credibility with the jury.

"If you're going to be taking shots, be careful they don't ricochet and hit you back," he said."

Oh yes, let it ricochet right back at them! :sothere:

LOL Yes! Exactly! Thanks! :)

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I am borrowing her post from another thread. In order to believe that Roy had possession of Caylee and then put her body there after Casey was in jail, one would have to believe that it is one hundred percent impossible her little body could have been missed by searchers. Jolyn researched and found this to be totally untrue. Her little body could easily have been missed in those conditions.

"A search, even with dogs, and even with professional searchers, does not mean there was no body.

From the chapter, Levels of Certainty and Conclusions Reached (The Cadaver Dog Handbook: Forensic Training and Tactics for the Recovery of Human Remains)

No one can ever be 100% certain that a negative search means the deceased is not in the search area. Multiple variables exist, including but certainly not limited to the handler, the dog, the terrain, the weather, the time since presumed death, and the physical features of the missing person.

Handler/dog teams differ. A handler may misread a dog or fail to see a partial alert or area of interest because of ground cover or foliage. A dog may not be working well. This is often obvious to the handler, but at other times it may be missed. A physical ailment may cause a dog to skip an area because of the terrain. A dog that has traveled a long distance may fail to acclimate and will not search well.

The effects of terrain on search outcome are discussed in detail in other chapters. It is always important to remember that soil type will affect the search. Sandy soil is more likely to permit scent escape than is clay. Dry soil will permit scent escape more than wet soil. Steep terrain will interfere with search patterns and may provide areas seemingly inaccessible. heavy growth, particularly brambles may prevent a dog from searching an area. These types of secondary growth can occur over a very short time and may well not have been present when and if a body was buried on the site.

Weather is also discussed in detail in other chapters. Suffice it to say that temperature, humidity, wind direction and speed and barometric pressure can affect the outcome of a search. Heat is particularly debilitating to dogs and may further affect the search by promoting exhaustion and dehydration...snipped

The physical characteristics of the missing individual include sex, height, weight, and degree of condition. A large, obese person is going to provide a greater scent pool. Infants, on the other hand, have little tissue and the scent source will be lost

Anyone who doubts that Caylee wasn't out on Suburban before the hurricane left the location,and Caylee, underwater needs to reread the autopsy and entomology reports. All of the bags contained dirt, fine sand and silt. Except for bones found with the bags and skull, most of the bones were under muck and leaves. Before the rain came through and left Caylee underwater, INSECTS had invaded the hair mat. Insect cases and dead pupa (maggots) were found in the dirt on Suburban under and around Caylee's bones. The scattering of the bones and the insect infestation had to happen before that area was underwater, while Caylee was decomposing and before skeletonization. Different carrion-eating insects prefer bodies in different stages of decomposition.

As Tim Miller said, a two year-old body in an area like central Florida is a needle in a haystack. As the cadaver dog training handbook pointed out, there is no guarantee that a cleared area, even an area searched by a good cadaver dog, doesn't have a body. The odds were against Caylee ever being found."

Therefore, it doesn't matter what any ex may have to say, imo.

--------------------------------------------------
Also, I believe the good taxpayers of the jury are going to find Mr. Miller very credible and dismiss anything about Kronk being responsible as bs. Original poster Okiedokietoo
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,478445,00.html
Casey Anthony Attends Court Hearing
Friday, January 09, 2009
On the Record w/ Greta
VAN SUSTEREN: In terms of the search that Equusearch did, do you know if Equusearch searched the area where, ultimately, the remains of Caylee were found?
MILLER: We most definitely did search that area, Greta. And the first time we were there — of course, you know, we got there the very beginning of September, and that was right after Tropical Storm Fay came in, and the water was so high and — and I got a lot of criticism when I suspended the
search because I said, You know what? I'm afraid that little body's under the water.
November, we went back and we searched that area again. And at the area — because I physically went to the area the day that Caylee's body was found. And that area again in November, when we searched it, that exact area where Caylee was at was under water still.
And the land owner adjacent to where Caylee's body was found stated his own self that approximately a week-and-a-half before Caylee's body was found is when the water level went down to the point that you may have been able to see something back there."View attachment caylee.anthony.autopsy.pdf

View attachment entemology.pdf

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raHlPVJEabU&feature=player_embedded[/ame] [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-P2NEQz17s&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

I am completely confused. Just yesterday WESH had a report that she is going to testify on Monday!:waitasec:

ETA Link:

http://www.wesh.com/news/22315979/detail.html

This article at link seems to contradict itself. Strange.

Cloud - I don't think you are the one who is confused. It does clearly state in the motion that due to her illness she cannot travel to any trial or hearing and her attendance cannot be procured . http://www.wftv.com/pdf/22313192/detail.html Page 2, point #3, 6th line from top of page.

They are arguing to have the court make an order for her deposition so they can use that deposition in lieu of her testimony and I believe this is clearly stated in the motion.

Can someone please enlighten me as to when, exactly, MN represented Kronk? I keep reading in the recent articles how MN represented CA and GA, TES, and at one time Kronk?! I know he gave him reward money, maybe I just didn't know he represented him for a time?

I feel that this motion will fall flat on it's face. I can't see any merit in it, then again I'm not a judge. It makes me physically ill to know that Casey is fine with accusing someone else. It doesn't surprise me, just makes me sick.

Can someone please enlighten me as to when, exactly, MN represented Kronk? I keep reading in the recent articles how MN represented CA and GA, TES, and at one time Kronk?! I know he gave him reward money, maybe I just didn't know he represented him for a time?

I feel that this motion will fall flat on it's face. I can't see any merit in it, then again I'm not a judge. It makes me physically ill to know that Casey is fine with accusing someone else. It doesn't surprise me, just makes me sick.

Insomnia Momma,
My recollection is that in December 2008 attorney David Evans was hired/paid for by Orange County to represent Kronk
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-kronk0509feb05,0,6026009.story

I have no recollection of Mr NeJame ever representing Mr Kronk.
I do remember NeJame presented Kronk with a $5000 check after Caylee's remains were found
http://www.nejamelaw.com/mark-nejame-in-the-news/meter-reader-receives-reward-anthony-case.htm

I see this as nothing more than a motion to check off the list. In an appeals process they must prove that there was information that they felt would help the case....yet they were denied access to it. If they don't ask and get denied, then this argument can not be used later. They must request it and be told "no" in order to meet certain requirements for the appeals process. By doing so........they will have already set iup the argument that this info could have impacted the outcome of the case.

Please see the article published by AL here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4719574&postcount=157

This is IMO a typical action taken to protect you in the appeals process.

Lawyers??????

Thank You sleutherontheside
for all the "sleuthing" you do :online: :detective: :blowkiss:

Maybe Jill K does not want to testify in person so that she can not neither be cross examined nor charged with perjury.

This lame attempt to blame Kronk tells me that the defense has no idea how to defend their client's actions and are just grasping at straws.

Well, I have to say that unless JB and Co. have some real good reason, some true and actual suspicion, something that actually points to RK and not just the word of an ex-wife who wasn't worried enough to call the police, then this stunt is about the lowest thing I have ever heard of. If they are willingly going to implicate someone in the murder of a child without any evidence what-so-ever just to cast doubt for their client, then I have absolutely no respect for them! Just because JK says he should be considered a suspect, we are just to run this man into the ground, no evidence needed? GMAB! How about if I go down to FL and tell the judge how I feel that KC is the only one guilty with all of the discovery I have seen. Will they let me testify? This just stinks to high heaven!

I feel they should all be disbarred for this nonsense. They know he didn't do anything, and any evidence they feel they might have is nothing compared with the evidence against Casey. It is lazy, offensive and should be illegal for them to just pull things out of nowhere to create doubt.

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned,
Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." William Congreve

Apparently the fury is strong enough to mend the incapacitated. . . But, in spite of this miracle, I don't understand why it gives her voice enough importance to be heard in court today. Do any of you all?

The World According, I agree with this statement of yours:

"The defense admits they have no evidence against Mr. Kronk, only a theory that he should have been investigated. They could say the same about Joy, or mom or pop or anyone and then bring in someone from their distant past to find similarities somehow to the crime. I hope the judge does not even entertain this motion."

BBM It would be outrageous to allow this as any kind of evidence against RK. This is, afterall, a court of law. IMHO, what Jill Kerley has to say is just mean gossip about an ex. I can't believe defense is allowed to use such tactics.

I agree Curious Me.
The defense admitted "No evidence just a theory"? how utterly sad and ridiculous..
And this is what, Andrea Lyons, who calls herself a pioneer in the field, comes up with...:waitasec: How truly disappointing. :( :twocents:

Cloud - I don't think you are the one who is confused. It does clearly state in the motion that due to her illness she cannot travel to any trial or hearing and her attendance cannot be procured . http://www.wftv.com/pdf/22313192/detail.html Page 2, point #3, 6th line from top of page.

They are arguing to have the court make an order for her deposition so they can use that deposition in lieu of her testimony and I believe this is clearly stated in the motion.

Thanks QB :)

This is the most compelling part of today's hearing that I cannot wait to hear! According to the internet posting her mother made last August, JK apparently had Non-Hodgkins (like her father), but that did not stop her from writing bad checks that she was subsequently arrested for and was facing jail. I wonder if she was able to make it to those court hearings?

BTW...original motion stating she was too ill to travel was in November...

Wonder if she really IS going to be in Orlando today???

This is the most compelling part of today's hearing that I cannot wait to hear! According to the internet posting her mother made last August, JK apparently had Non-Hodgkins (like her father), but that did not stop her from writing bad checks that she was subsequently arrested for and was facing jail. I wonder if she was able to make it to those court hearings?

BBM

If JK shows up at today's hearing to testify I will eat my shorts.

I would never speak ill of someone who is battling a life-threatening disease but I just think it's a weird case of the pot(JK) calling the kettle black. The article below mentions her arrest for issuing worthless checks last July of 2009.

http://www.thedailytimes.com/article/20090725/NEWS01/907249993/-1/PUB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member