Motivation Report has been released

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
if you look at a side angle of knox's face and then look at the picture captured on CCTV the person looks very much like amanda.

jmo

Folks there are several huge trials going on right now so we are short handed and mods are extremely busy. The discussion about the CCTV video had been removed before but got reposted over night while moderators were elsewhere. I was at work today since early this morning, and I can’t log in while at work so the CCTV video and article were left standing.

Unless you can find an msm article which links the motivation report and the CCTV video it is considered off topic.

If the video had relevance it would have been used at trial. Jovana Popovic testified that RS had agreed to drive her to a bus station the night of the murder. She went to RS's house at 8:40 p.m. to tell him she no longer needed a ride and Knox opened the door to take the message. The CCTV video is at 8:43.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/29812751/...ontradicts-amanda-knoxs-account/#.U2rsWCFOXIU
http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/nov/13/italy.ukcrime

Here we go again. Why is it that a crime scene in the US obviously includes all evidence related to the crime (such as a broken window down the hall from the deceased), but a crime scene in Italy should be restricted to the chalk line around the deceased? That, in itself, suggests that there is some pretzel twisting in order to perceive Knox as something other than a convicted murder.

BRAVO! Great post!

Does that kind of talk strike anyone as a bit nuts? Meredith's "broken body on me" and Meredith's "corpse"? Words like "evidence" and "deceased" strike me as more normal. I do wonder why Knox seems to prefer the gory words rather than the respectful ones, but that's just an impression and an opinion. Perhaps Knox was convicted of murder because she seems like a very odd duck and perhaps she still likes to revel in the gore.

Don't have the link, sorry, but recently read an opinion on her use of those words. Author thought it revealed AK's satisfaction that she had taken Meredith's life and turned her into an object. An it. Normal people would refer to even a lifeless friend by her name.

otto: Does that kind of talk strike anyone as a bit nuts? Meredith's "broken body on me" and Meredith's "corpse"? Words like "evidence" and "deceased" strike me as more normal. I do wonder why Knox seems to prefer the gory words rather than the respectful ones, but that's just an impression and an opinion. Perhaps Knox was convicted of murder because she seems like a very odd duck and perhaps she still likes to revel in the gore.

Hope4More: Don't have the link, sorry, but recently read an opinion on her use of those words. Author thought it revealed AK's satisfaction that she had taken Meredith's life and turned her into an object. An it. Normal people would refer to even a lifeless friend by her name.

no name used:

In the morgue, standing over her body, Arline had said: 'Your father's come all this way out here to see you, but doesn't feel he can.'

p.20: Meredith: Our Daughter's Murder and the Heartbreaking Quest for the Truth: John Kercher: 9781444742770: Amazon.com: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ok9rZvn9L.@@AMEPARAM@@51ok9rZvn9L

even people who love a decedent use the word "corpse":

THE father of two little girls who were killed in a road crash has told how the family had "two kids to put to bed on a Saturday night – and we were left with two corpses the next day".

http://www.herald.ie/news/courts/we-had-kids-to-put-to-bed-now-we-have-corpses-dad-30095341.html

Redhead.....come early July where I live I can walk into any woods and find a few red and yellow leaves on the ground.

I could pick them up and declare that it must be autumn....but that would be to ignore the fact of 90 degree temps , an abundance of green everywhere, the fact that the calendar says July and the reality that autumn never arrives before late September. :)

1)
3) If the ISC was sure the Meredith's DNA was on the purported knife, why did they order the retesting of the sample that C+V thought was too small to be analyzed? And, if they were unsure, doesn't the subsequent analysis of that sample showing only Amanda's DNA (which is easily explainable by the fact that she was spending so much time in Raf's flat) only add to the uncertainty.
4) In claiming that the knife from Raf's flat was the murder weapon Nencini ignores Rome's own forensic scientists who stated that at least 2 seperate runs of Low Copy DNA we REQUIRED to reliably attribute that DNA to an individual (Meredith). What other evidence is there that this is the muder weapon? The slash that that created the mortal wound could have been created by just about any knife.
Bill C,

One translation of the Court of Cassation's report termed the retest "decisive." Indeed it was.

Edited...accidentally texted lmao!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were not 'sure' Meredith's dna would again be on the knife... just that the amount left would be able to be tested at that much later date.

AK knowing RS for about a week does not easily explain her dna on a possible murder weapon (that she supposidly had not ever used) decisive indeed.

'Rome's forensic scientist said you needed 2 seperate runs'??? Who? C & V??????

They were not 'sure' Meredith's dna would again be on the knife... just that the amount left would be able to be tested at that much later date.

AK knowing RS for about a week does not easily explain her dna on a possible murder weapon (that she supposidly had not ever used) decisive indeed.

'Rome's forensic scientist said you needed 2 seperate runs'??? Who? C & V??????

No, the Rome scientists who did the low content DNA analysis on the knife for the Nencini court that revealed only AK's DNA. These were government scientists, apparently chosen by Nencini, not defense experts and not even independent experts like C & V. Nencini in court,specifically asked them what the MINIMAl number of runs were required to reliably attribute low content DNA to a specific person and they replied "2". So tell me, how can Nencini then ignore his own government experts much less C & V? Without reliable DNA evidence on the knife, what other evidence is there that the knife was the murder weapon?

http://abcnews.go.com/International/amanda-knox-judge-orders-dna-tests-knife/story?id=20470298
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...new-traces-victim-dna-knife-article-1.1504734
http://thefreelancedesk.com/front_featured/amanda-knox-appeal-2/

Redhead.....come early July where I live I can walk into any woods and find a few red and yellow leaves on the ground.

I could pick them up and declare that it must be autumn....but that would be to ignore the fact of 90 degree temps , an abundance of green everywhere, the fact that the calendar says July and the reality that autumn never arrives before late September. :)

hope4more...

maybe you're wearing glasses that skews color? maybe the thermometer is broken? maybe the printer of the calendar mixed up the months?

:)

No, the Rome scientists who did the low content DNA analysis on the knife for the Nencini court that revealed only AK's DNA. These were government scientists, apparently chosen by Nencini, not defense experts and not even independent experts like C & V. Nencini in court,specifically asked them what the MINIMAl number of runs were required to reliably attribute low content DNA to a specific person and they replied "2". So tell me, how can Nencini then ignore his own government experts much less C & V? Without reliable DNA evidence on the knife, what other evidence is there that the knife was the murder weapon?
This is wrong. They never said that. Multiple tests wouldn't have made any difference since the result already showed a clean and full DNA profile. There is zero chance of this not being Meredith's DNA on the knife.
http://themurderofmeredithkercher.com/The_Double_DNA_Knife#Inability_to_Repeat_the_DNA_Test

This is wrong. They never said that. Multiple tests wouldn't have made any difference since the result already showed a clean and full DNA profile. There is zero chance of this not being Meredith's DNA on the knife.
http://themurderofmeredithkercher.com/The_Double_DNA_Knife#Inability_to_Repeat_the_DNA_Test

Sherlock,
<modsnip> Go to the court transcripts or just go to news reports concerning the testimony of the Carbionerri (sp) scientists who performed the tests on the knife for Nencini. They said that samples should be divided into at least 2 and run separately. Doing so helps guard against contamination which is and should be an ABSOLUTE concern for anyone doing low content DNA analysis. Remember, Steffanoni, analyzed large quantities of MK's DNA in the same lab that was used to analyze the knife samples only 6 days earlier. How can anyone be sure that some of her DNA didn't contaminate the knife samples? in most courts of law, it is the responsibility of the scientist doing the study to prove no contamination (an easy task if proper controls are performed at the time of the analysis), NOT the defenses job to prove contamination and the source of that contamination (an almost impossible task after the fact). Thus analysis of the knife's low content DNA is unreliable according to the statement by the Carbionerri scientists. It also is the international std for handeling low content DNA. Again, how does Nencini ignore this this testimony.

Sherlock,
Check your facts! Go to the court transcripts or just go to news reports concerning the testimony of the Carbionerri (sp) scientists who performed the tests on the knife for Nencini. They said that samples should be divided into at least 2 and run separately. Doing so helps guard against contamination which is and should be an ABSOLUTE concern for anyone doing low content DNA analysis. Remember, Steffanoni, analyzed large quantities of MK's DNA in the same lab that was used to analyze the knife samples only 6 days earlier. How can anyone be sure that some of her DNA didn't contaminate the knife samples? in most courts of law, it is the responsibility of the scientist doing the study to prove no contamination (an easy task if proper controls are performed at the time of the analysis), NOT the defenses job to prove contamination and the source of that contamination (an almost impossible task after the fact). Thus analysis of the knife's low content DNA is unreliable according to the statement by the Carbionerri scientists. It also is the international std for handeling low content DNA. Again, how does Nencini ignore this this testimony.
No you are supposed to provide the links. Not me. Oh, so now we just jump to contamination? That is completely different than it not being Meredith's DNA on the knife. It is impossible there was any lab contamination after 6 days of cleaning protocols (even admitted in the rejected appeal). The only possible explanation is that it was used in Meredith's murder.
http://themurderofmeredithkercher.com/The_Double_DNA_Knife#Contamination_at_the_Laboratory

By the way, Nencini does not ignore the issue of the single test, but we will see later when a translation of the report is ready.

No you are supposed to provide the links. Not me. Oh, so now we just jump to contamination? That is completely different than it not being Meredith's DNA on the knife. It is impossible there was any lab contamination after 6 days of cleaning protocols (even admitted in the rejected appeal). The only possible explanation is that it was used in Meredith's murder.
http://themurderofmeredithkercher.com/The_Double_DNA_Knife#Contamination_at_the_Laboratory

You are assuming that the cleaning was adequate. Where is the proof? The proof only comes from running duplicate samples and proper controls, neither of which are available(conveniently). As I have stated in my introductory post to this site, I have an M.D. and a PhD the latter of which is in genetics. Trust me when I tell you that lab contamination is not that rare, especially at the low levels of DNA obtained from the knife. That's why low content DNA should be analyzed in specificly designed high quality labs with specially designed laminar flow hoods to minimize contamination. Even under those condition, duplicate samples with the apprpriate controls need to be run to ensure proper identification without contamination.

You are assuming that the cleaning was adequate. Where is the proof? The proof only comes from running duplicate samples and proper controls, neither of which are available(conveniently). As I have stated in my introductory post to this site, I have an M.D. and a PhD the latter of which is in genetics. Trust me when I tell you that lab contamination is not that rare, especially at the low levels of DNA obtained from the knife. That's why low content DNA should be analyzed in specificly designed high quality labs with specially designed laminar flow hoods to minimize contamination. Even under those condition, duplicate samples with the apprpriate controls need to be run to ensure proper identification without contamination.

Are you verified as an MD and a PhD ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members