Motive For Murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed the documentation that RC has a history of impulsive violence.

I did see a report (article) where a police report was obtained and that a 16 yr old girl made took a complaint out on him. (She has since spoken to the media).

The complaint was not followed through (they did go tell him to leave her alone or they would arrest him IIRC), even though when the complaint was described by the reporter it was implied that a rape had occurred and I don't understand how the state did not follow through on rape charges (even without the consent of the victim to bring forth charges)...perhaps CT has statutes that are different.

Then I've seen comments (from the school, which of course must be taken with a grain of salt because of who made them and why they would make them, such as CYA on behalf of school liability in this murder) that he didn't have anything on his work record that would show a predispostion to crime.

At any rate, I have only seen one previous complaint (no court cases of conviction for violence) and one speeding ticket.

Did I miss something huge here?

When we look at offenders many times they do have a history that is revealed once the "onion is peeled" (a phrase I like to use). I just wondered if I had missed it being reported.

Does a lack of documented violence make him any less a murderer? No. But it could go to motive, if we have someone here that doesn't really have an extensive history we so often see of certain behavoirs that many offenders exhibit before they get to the act of committing murder.

That's all I'm asking about.

Hi Kat. You ask if a lack of documented violence makes him any less of a murderer. Look at his age, he is very young to have a long documented history...and do we know for sure he doesn't have sealed documents from adolescence, and honestly, we know very little about his childhood, adolescence, and work history. Look at Casey Anthony - no documented violence, but many wonderful friends who constantly made excuses for her because of being a young single mom. Some murders without history are due to on-the-spot drug rages such as crystal meth etc. Others due to greed such as insurance policy murders. But this guy did have some significant history imo

His high school girlfriend said 'rape' and didn't press charges out of fear. And even with that he still trashed her locker when they broke up. To me, that shows he has the potential for more violence. all just my opinion of course

Rat,
do you guys generally use central supply for your scrubs like we do in the hospital?

3 of the facilities I've worked in I don't know- I was in a research lab. This one no- the techs are given several sets of scrubs and launder them themselves. There is a washer and dryer in a room next to their break room. They all have their names written on them in black sharpie.
The facility previous to this- yes, central supply.

it was said he wasn't actually a member-a friend said he just jumped in the photo-in past threads

I can see jumping into a picture of a foot ball team, a sports team etc, - but an Asian Club - don't you wonder why he would do such a thing?

Shhh :wink: don't tell her heh

:iamashamed0005: whOOOPS! My deepest apologies, KAT!!!

(Really, I figured that would happen sooner or later. My eyes are going all wonky on me, following this case for the past 24+. Please pardon!)

When it was reported that she had been stuffed in a wall, I pictured her folded up and shoved into a small space. I think this was not only "convenient" for him, but a way of saying: I have control over you and your little body. I see it in a way that he was "belittling" her by shoving her body in there. It was only later that I found out that she was in a 2-foot area.

Asians aren't necessarily more polite. I had Canadian co-workers in Asia who got laughed at all the time in public because they were very overweight. I mean, it was non-stop. And good luck standing in line in Asia without men and women jumping in front of you left and right.

I don't think his dogs barking and crying is indicative of abuse. When pets are spoiled or miss their owner when he's gone, they'll cry too, especially pups.

If they don't find RC's semen with her body or clothing, I think the obsession motive is diminished.

Women of Asian background raised here tend to be very much like any other American girl. Annie was born and raised here, wasn't she?

Hi Kat. You ask if a lack of documented violence makes him any less of a murderer. Look at his age, he is very young to have a long documented history...and do we know for sure he doesn't have sealed documents from adolescence, and honestly, we know very little about his childhood, adolescence, and work history. Look at Casey Anthony - no documented violence, but many wonderful friends who constantly made excuses for her because of being a young single mom. Some murders without history are due to on-the-spot drug rages such as crystal meth etc. Others due to greed such as insurance policy murders. But this guy did have some significant history imo

His high school girlfriend said 'rape' and didn't press charges out of fear. And even with that he still trashed her locker when they broke up. To me, that shows he has the potential for more violence. all just my opinion of course

Very good points eyes. Thank you for taking the time to share them.

I answered my own question with no LOL.

I agree that if the report from his HS days is accurate then it does show a disposition to violence. IMHO.

I also think that there may be other incidents or issues that will be brought to light about this offender that will have us all going a-hah.

But then again there might not be. I will have to wait and see, given that he is fairly young.

OT: Eyes, you and I have posted along side each other on many cases and when we objectively look at most offenders (once we get past the atrocious crimes) we do see a history. I'm curious to see where this goes. Because at first blush and at first examination he's not fitting into any pigeon holes we have...(Personality disorders...etc, I know that you know what I mean by that :))

When it was reported that he had stuffed her in a wall, I pictured her folded up and shoved into a small space. I think this was not only "convenient" for him, but a way of saying: I have control over you and your little body. I see it in a way that he was "belittling" her by shoving her body in there. It was only later that I found out that she was in a 2 foot area.

Did I read it was 2 x 2 somewhere??

:iamashamed0005: whOOOPS! My deepest apologies, KAT!!!

(Really, I figured that would happen sooner or later. My eyes are going all wonky on me, following this case for the past 24+. Please pardon!)

LOL it's all good 'Ailina, I've been called a lot of things labrat is a compliment given the tone of labrat's posts :)

Thanks for the giggle today.

Women of Asian background raised here tend to be very much like any other American girl. Annie was born and raised here, wasn't she?

I agree with you 100%, but another poster said Annie would've been more polite because of Asian social norms, which I don't necessarily agree with at all.

I agree with you 100%, but another poster said Annie would've been more polite because of Asian social norms, which I don't necessarily agree with at all.

Yeah, I think the "trait" (if you want to call it that) of Asian politeness we're talking about isn't strong enough to support speculation. It's a stereotype. I've known as many forward, outspoken, strong-willed Asians as I have polite, reserved ones. Generation #, cultural assimilation, and individual family parenting styles are HUGE factors. Also, where in the nation they live. I don't think it's safe to assume Asians are (fill in the blank) anymore.

Asians aren't necessarily more polite. I had Canadian co-workers in Asia who got laughed at all the time in public because they were very overweight. I mean, it was non-stop. And good luck standing in line in Asia without men and women jumping in front of you left and right.

I don't think his dogs barking and crying is indicative of abuse. When pets are spoiled or miss their owner when he's gone, they'll cry too, especially pups.

If they don't find RC's semen with her body or clothing, I think the obsession motive is diminished.

If he tried to rape her but she fought him off and he ended up strangling her--maybe at that point, shocked at what happened, he ended the attack, and it was pointless to him. Why?

Could be any or one thing:

Maybe he did realize he "went overboard" and it was over.
He didn't want to get caught.
She wasn't alive to see him.
He wasn't doing necromania (unlike BTK, for instance).

Could be any number of reasons.

Before I start I would like to say that I'm not saying Annie deserved to die, this is just what I think may have happened.

In my life I had many jobs and I have seen workplace violence at just about every one of them. I have even seen a few that started as a heated argument between a man and woman then turned physical. In every one of those it was the woman that initiated the violence.

So maybe he texted Annie to meet about protocals and she was tired of his constant nagging. So when she got to the lab they started arguing. In the course of their arguing she lost control of her temper and either pushed or slapped him. That caused him to completely loss it and he strangles her. When he calms down he relizes what he did and hides the body then changes into his workout clothes and hides his clothes.

Again I'm not saying she deserved this but alot of people have rage issues. Some can be set of by trying to argue with somebody and not being heard. In the case of Clark I think he is like other people I know, you can yell and scream at him all day but as soon as you push him or touch him durring an arguement or if they are upset they are liable to fly into a rage.

Hi porkchop...I'm going to pretend that Annie has a long history of abusing mice. Let's say in high school she was written up continuously for mouse mistreatment. This mistreatment extended into her undergrad years where she, once again, had altercations with animal people due to her mistreatment. Let's say she wasn't accepted at Princeton due to her history of mouse abuse and lo and behold, it continues during her first year at Yale, where she was once again confronted about her treatment of mice. Let's just say Clark has her profiled as a 'mouse' abuser...and decides to murder her to save the mice on Planet Earth, or just to make a statement about his passion for animals. Taking this made-up scenario - in my opinion that makes him even sicker than I once thought. jmo

IMO If Annie didn't give Clark the attention he demanded - it was because she had been working in the lab 10-13 hour days due to her wedding..if anything, one would think Clark would show some compassion and ask her how HE could help her (annie) during such a stressful time. jmo

If he tried to rape her but she fought him off and he ended up strangling her--maybe at that point, shocked at what happened, he ended the attack, and it was pointless to him. Why?

Could be any or one thing:

Maybe he did realize he "went overboard" and it was over.
He didn't want to get caught.
She wasn't alive to see him.
He wasn't doing necromania (unlike BTK, for instance).

those reasons, just off the top of my head

No attempted rape charge. Charges can always be added.

I'm still not sold on him being an animal rights activist. If he loved mice so much to kill her for allegedly mishandling them, shouldn't he be working in an animal shelter rather than being paid by an organization that performs medical experiments on animals?

That's like being a vegetarian who just happens to eat meat.

Hi porkchop...I'm going to pretend that Annie has a long history of abusing mice. Let's say in high school she was written up continuously for mouse mistreatment. This mistreatment extended into her undergrad years where she, once again, had altercations with animal people due to her mistreatment. Let's say she wasn't accepted at Princeton due to her history of mouse abuse and lo and behold, it continues during her first year at Yale, where she was once again confronted about her treatment of mice. Let's just say Clark has her profiled as a 'mouse' abuser...and decides to murder her to save the mice on Planet Earth, or just to make a statement about his passion for animals. Taking this made-up scenario - in my opinion that makes him even sicker than I once thought. jmo

IMO If Annie didn't give Clark the attention he demanded - it was because she had been working in the lab 10-13 hour days due to her wedding..if anything, one would think Clark would show some compassion and ask her how HE could help her (annie) during such a stressful time. jmo

This is what gets me: we can talk all day about RC being pushed to his limits or whatever, but what kind of 190-pound guy hits a 95-pound, female coworker... let alone kills one? A very, very disturbed one -- way beyond OCD. None of the "just workplace violence" stuff quite does it for me. She didn't have THAT much power over him. I've known lots of hot heads, I have worked and currently do work for one, but never, ever have I seen any of them so much as shove another person. Can't even imagine it.

I just don't see it.

An argument over mice treatment may have been the immediate triggering incident, but I would bet there's much, much more going on that we haven't been clued into yet.

snipped:
This is what gets me: we can talk all day about RC being pushed to his limits or whatever, but what kind of 190-pound guy hits a 95-pound, female coworker... let alone kills one?

So, he weighs 190 lbs? Do we know how tall he is? Also, is he still in the New Haven PD jail or has he been moved to, e.g., a county or state facility in Connecticut?
TIA.

snipped:

So, he weighs 190 lbs? Do we know how tall he is? Also, is he still in the New Haven PD jail or has he been moved to, e.g., a county or state facility in Connecticut?
TIA.

He has been moved, taken from another thread:

By the afternoon, Clark was moved to the MacDougal-Walker Correctional Institution, a massive prison in South Suffield, Conn., reserved for 2,100 inmates who are considered to be high or maximum security risks.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/annie-le-case-police-arrest-ray-clark-murder/story?id=8598755

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties