Motive For Murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Picture emerges of Yale suspect as controlling

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090918/ap_on_re_us/us_yale_killing

NEW HAVEN, Conn. – As police charged a Yale animal lab technician with murdering a graduate student who worked in his building, a portrait began to emerge Thursday of an unpleasant stickler for the rules who often clashed with researchers and considered the mice cages his personal fiefdom.

Don't know what that word "fiefdom" means?

Still wondering what RC's true motive was......?

Hi, Very Interesting, thanks for this honest response. People really do kill people over workplace or neighbor issues; ask a veteran cop. There are no signs that the accused and the victim had any affair (or, for that matter, even socialized) or that they had similar personalities or lifestyles; in fact, the indications run strongly in the opposite direction. (And police welcome adding any motive to the mix.) Making generalizations about a whole gender leads us hopelessly in a circle.

To call it murdering because of a mouse cage is hyperbole. Differences build over years or burst out in a few minutes. I have seen a fist fight start between two men eating dinner together; neither of them was drinking alcohol. If she refused to listen to him and he blocked her way, she might have threatened to get him fired. Sometimes, as I wrote before, push comes to shove comes to homicide.

Excellent ideas and I agree with you fully. Thanks for the input.:woohoo:

Call me old fashioned - but I hold people responsible for the impression they give to others. He let that Myspace link exist for quite some time. mho

True, but if he didn't create it, he didn't have the password. Now, if a "friend" puts something like that up and won't take it down on your request, does that mean that they have no respect for you whatsoever? Or maybe he did choose to just ignore it, but one more insult he let fester.

NEW HAVEN, Conn. – As police charged a Yale animal lab technician with murdering a graduate student who worked in his building, a portrait began to emerge Thursday of an unpleasant stickler for the rules who often clashed with researchers and considered the mice cages his personal fiefdom.

Fiefdom-would be the same as his personal kingdom.

police chief said there was no rape at the presser this morning... there were no charges filed either.. however, we know from the Sandra Cantu case that charges can be added after the fact.

it means the basement mouse area was his castle and he was the king

(bolding mine)

Something under his complete authority and/or control.

I think that's part of it, at least, and especially women who he deems inferior to himself? MOO

BBM

No, I don't believe he thought women were inferior, quite the opposite. He could see with his two eyes that women were superior to him. How else could it be explained that he killed a woman who was his superior in every way? He was a glorified janitor that cleaned up after the lowest creature on the planet, mice.

It must have been a big blow to his ego that a tiny woman (my assumption) back talked him & probably put him in his place. Why else would he go ballistic?

It was reported that she was also beaten badly. That's rage.

I think that is what we all would like to know right now, though I have my opinions

In a passion or response or manslaughter crime, perhaps "motive" doesn't exist?

What was your "motive" for slapping that fly dead? It bugged you when it flew by. Had it not flown by, it would not be dead. That is perhaps what the tactic of this boy's lawyers will use, I don't know. I also do not know whether or not that sort of thing happened. Maybe the kid just flew off the handle, in one second, and grabbed her neck and in a mode of semi-conscious dreamlike state, kept his hands on her neck? People sleep walk, sleep hit, sleep beat, lucid dream! and others lose their psychological heads, according to psychiatric history. Who knows, this guy maybe "blanked out" for 30 seconds as he strangled her to death? I'm sure that is what the defense will argue, or something similar.

I don't accept it, and if I was a juror, I'd say, grabbing her neck for long enough to strangle her implies strong "premeditation"

He wanted her dead, and he knew damned well what he was doing, and what the result would be. IMO IMO et cetera

Quote from above:

an unpleasant stickler for the rules who often clashed with researchers and considered the mice cages his personal fiefdom.

As strange as it may seem, this "feifdom" (kingdom of the land owner) I believe was this poor individual's world. It was his little basement kingdom and this girl was not only sexually attractive to him, but insulted him in some way as regards the "rat" keeping or kingdom. As I have said before, this guy seems to be some "Willard" crazy who found himself at a crossroads between his attraction to her as an Asian, his feelings of being the protector of the rats, and the conflict that arose in that basement. Wish at least some "audio" existed.

Yes, I think it is going to be quite interesting ahead on all of this.

Hi, Very Interesting, you couldn't be more right. I think that for most us, killing some one is almost inconceivable. I think that's one of the fascination of these cases. (Another is trying to piece together the story line.)

police chief said there was no rape at the presser this morning... there were no charges filed either.. however, we know from the Sandra Cantu case that charges can be added after the fact.
How about kidnapping charges? By not being free to leave the lab? MOO

BBM

No, I don't believe he thought women were inferior, quite the opposite. He could see with his two eyes that women were superior to him. How else could it be explained that he killed a woman who was his superior in every way? He was a glorified janitor that cleaned up after the lowest creature on the planet, mice.

It must have been a big blow to his ego that a tiny woman (my assumption) back talked him & probably put him in his place. Why else would he go ballistic?

It was reported that she was also beaten badly. That's rage.
That's what I mean ~ I think he perceived that she should be lower than himself and she probably challenged him one too many times which set him off. I still believe it's possible this wasn't a spur of the moment crime but the end result of a deep seated resentment and developed hatred. MOO

In a passion or response or manslaughter crime, perhaps "motive" doesn't exist?

Hi, Normcar, that's a provocative idea. I think that pure adrenaline responses sometimes override rational thought. Some one once told me that the best bar bouncers operate on such a low tension level that, in one sense, they're always above the brawl.

Or if categorized as WorkPlace Violence, and somebody is murdered due to rage. Is there a motive in the rage? I didnt think you could think rationally during rage and plan something ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste