Motive For Murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the motive is anger or sexually based at all. I believe that whoever did this caused the alarm to go off to create a distraction because they were trying to steal something. I think Annie ran across this person stealing and the person had to kill her to keep from being caught. Simply put wrong place wrong time.
I think all the information, heretofore, disspells that notion.

I can't help but think of the Texas cadet murder as someone mentioned in a previous thread. Maybe RC and Annie did have a fling or a one night stand and JH had something to do with her murder due to jealousy, or she put Ray up to it to "cleanse" their relationship.

I think there was a couple about to start at the US Air Force Academy back in the '90s where the girl had her boyfriend kill a cheerleader he had slept with.

I don't know....mouse mistreatment is just a little too "out there" for motive.

Why now was he feeling at the bottom of the totem pole? He's done this work for a few years...so why murder poor Annie? I haven't read one single report of Annie using her intelligence or doctoral status to taunt, exploit, or control men...not a one! So I disagree that Annie was anything like a fatal attraction...there is no history of it. TIA if you can provide some.

I don't think MWright was saying Annie did anything to provoke him. I posted something similar before - RC might have worked with Ph.D.s before, but maybe he never had to report to a tiny, cute, young girl before.

Not that it's right. Its sexist and awful. In my personal experience - I'm a corporate lawyer, at 5'1" with freckles and I could probably pass for 17 if I tried. There have been men at work who served as "support staff" who were clearly uncomfortable with the fact that I was the "superior" in the working relationship. At times making sexual comments I wish I didn't hear. And I mean, in our society, any woman who achieves even a modicum of success is often thought of as "emasculating." Make that "emasculated" man a sociopath, and I don't think its a stretch to imagine him as a murderer.

Its sick.

Quick question...what is RC's religion? I've seen in an old passing comment that makes me wonder if he's jewish. I don't have the link, didn't think anything of it when I saw it. I'll try to look, though.

Agreed. I don't think an animal rights activist is going to work in an animal research lab for years (except if its to make one of those undercover PETA videos). These mice are injected with chemicals to test their reactions - its not a party for the mice.

Something that's in the back of my mind...and I sort of don't think it's even important, but just maybe..so I'm throwing it out here: In some of Annie's research, her mice were developing cancerous cells. She was also working on pregnant mice. It's probably nothing, but is this something that may have bothered him? I haven't seen where she'd done work involving larger animals, but I've seen a canine mentioned a couple of times...not sure if her research is connected, though. I honestly don't think this is an animal rights thing, just wondering and thought I should put it out here.

Even though RC is a clean cut white guy, much like Le's fiance, I just don't see her giving him the time of day romantically. Her fiance is a grad student at an Ivy League school. If she was going to get a back-up boyfriend, a student there at Yale with a lot of daddy's money and an Ivy League education and the job opportunities that come with it would've made a lot more sense...not a high school grad working in the animal lab.

I've been wanting to chime-in on the wedding. It was scheduled for December 2011 -- quite a while away. I wonder if he ever had intentions of actually going thru with it.

I agree. His upcoming wedding could have added to his frustration if he was repressing feelings for Annie. It might have made him feel even more out of control, not something a control freak handles well I would think. Annie's wedding, his wedding, the protocol "violations" being used as an excuse to lash out could have all created the violent rage that it requires to strangle a person to death.

probably. but control issues are not. we been told Annie was feisty. she may also have, inadvertently in her brilliance come across as condescending and argumentative.

probably. but control issues are not. we been told Annie was feisty. she may also have, inadvertently in her brilliance come across as condescending and argumentative.

I think anyone who might've opposed RC might've come across as argumentative, but I agree -- considering Annie's personality and position, her opposition was probably exaggerated in his mind.

(Sidenote: I've met a lot of brilliant, "feisty" people who don't hesitate to speak their minds, yet they can come across as awfully forward or confrontational. I'm glad Annie seemed to be one of these self-confident, out-spoken kinds of people. Makes me all the more angry at the perp for punishing her for it.)

Something that's in the back of my mind...and I sort of don't think it's even important, but just maybe..so I'm throwing it out here: In some of Annie's research, her mice were developing cancerous cells. She was also working on pregnant mice. It's probably nothing, but is this something that may have bothered him? I haven't seen where she'd done work involving larger animals, but I've seen a canine mentioned a couple of times...not sure if her research is connected, though. I honestly don't think this is an animal rights thing, just wondering and thought I should put it out here.

Jersey Girl - producing cancer cells in mice is quite interesting! Wonder what she did to make that happen. I would love the link to her work that resulted in a production of cancer cells...TIA

I agree. IIRC, Ed Begley Jr. once commented that his marriage broke up over a towel rack. The point being that it wasn't about the towel rack, there were underlying issues at work. It's all about the subtext and I can't help but think there has to be some angry, emotional and distorted subtext going on in Annie's killer's warped mind.

Even though RC is a clean cut white guy, much like Le's fiance, I just don't see her giving him the time of day romantically. Her fiance is a grad student at an Ivy League school. If she was going to get a back-up boyfriend, a student there at Yale with a lot of daddy's money and an Ivy League education and the job opportunities that come with it would've made a lot more sense...not a high school grad working in the animal lab.

I actually agree with you on this one. I believe there is a tacit understanding among high achievers, but maybe that it the wrong way to phrase it, that you marry within your "level of understanding" so to speak. This goes WAY beyond
cultural ideals - because you are so past that. It's sort of like meshing on the zeniths/goals of life.

true, for a "relationship", but for a short term pre-nuptual sex only fling - maybe his physical appearance would be enough??

Not saying they had one, but it's possible.

I agree. His upcoming wedding could have added to his frustration if he was repressing feelings for Annie. It might have made him feel even more out of control, not something a control freak handles well I would think. Annie's wedding, his wedding, the protocol "violations" being used as an excuse to lash out could have all created the violent rage that it requires to strangle a person to death.

This is totally my gut: He felt he should have had someone like Annie rather than the girl to whom he was engaged. No aspersions cast on his fiance -- I'm talking about the possible twisted thinking in this person's head.

Jersey Girl - producing cancer cells in mice is quite interesting! Wonder what she did to make that happen. I would love the link to her work that resulted in a production of cancer cells...TIA

I only saved the link to pubmed. Try going to pubmedcentral (I think that's the link) and type in her name (Le, A or Le, Annie, or Le, AM) and also try putting in Bennett. You'll pull up a bunch of stuff. These are published and recognized. Some of them show the split of cells and some show cancerous, some deal with stem cells, some relate to diabetes...but very curious that not all of them relate to diabetes.

This is totally my gut: He felt he should have had someone like Annie rather than the girl to whom he was engaged. No aspersions cast on his fiance -- I'm talking about the possible twisted thinking in this person's head.

Have you come across exactly when he became engaged? When did Annie become engaged and when did RC become engaged? Did RC propose to JH or was it the other way around? Also, are we absolutely certain that they are actually engaged...or could they just be "saying" they are engaged without a ring? Again, just speculating b/c I haven't seen her ring picture...yet...not even sure if this is significant...

not sure. first inclination is to say no.

If this research bothered RC, would he choose to work for 4 years as an animal tech in a cancer research facility?

on the other hand:
Could be that's WHY he worked there - as a mouse advocate?

I guess you could argue either way, jersey.

dark minds are hard to see through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member