• Revenge/rage against Cindy

Votes: 83 17.2%
  • Tony didn't want a little girl around

Votes: 22 4.6%
  • more than one of the above

Votes: 366 75.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Casey might be 22 years old, but I suspect she is about 15 emotionally, so I think she did not want to cope with raising her child, and she was also defying Cindy. I think Cindy was too used to the role of mothering and nurturing, and it was easy for her to take over and it was easy for Casey to let her. She probably treated Caylee like a doll for a year or so, but it got to be a little much and she felt tied down, plus Caylee was talking and might say something she shouldn't.
I was a single parent a long time ago, I've been through all of the above, but I never once took it out on my kids. I just can't understand a mother who would intentionally hurt her child.... if I live to be 110, I'll never understand it.

Your poll is missing something, i.e. choice (f) Not sure KC had any motive to kill.

I've never been completely convinced of the supposed "motive" put forth so often in the media, because if KC really wanted to be free and without a child, she could easily leave Caylee with Lee & Mallory or her parents. And the history: Friends all remarked to LE that KC was a loving and attached mother, nothing unusual noticed by anyone, no history of hostility toward Caylee or mistreatment, they said she had a protective and "mothering" type of personality toward Caylee and even toward her friends. And why would she suddenly murder now, why not before during the more stressful infant years, the sleepless nights, etc, why now when Caylee could soon be in pre-K during the days, and spending some of the evenings with her grandparents? It would only get easier to share the care of Caylee as she always had with her parents. But if she had truly wanted out, wanted to be free of custody, she knew her parents would take Caylee and she'd still be able to see her. So I'm still not sure KC had any motive. A lot of the whole "psychopath" and "wanted to be rid of Caylee" picture has been rampant speculation on the media's part, based on the assumption that KC is guilty, (but it's been repeated so much and for so long, the theory is now often taken as established fact.)

Your poll is missing something, i.e. choice (f) Not sure KC had any motive to kill.

I've never been completely convinced of the supposed "motive" put forth so often in the media, because if KC really wanted to be free and without a child, she could easily leave Caylee with Lee & Mallory or her parents. And the history: Friends all remarked to LE that KC was a loving and attached mother, nothing unusual noticed by anyone, no history of hostility toward Caylee or mistreatment, they said she had a protective and "mothering" type of personality toward Caylee and even toward her friends. And why would she suddenly murder now, why not before during the more stressful infant years, the sleepless nights, etc, why now when Caylee could soon be in pre-K during the days, and spending some of the evenings with her grandparents? It would only get easier to share the care of Caylee as she always had with her parents. But if she had truly wanted out, wanted to be free of custody, she knew her parents would take Caylee and she'd still be able to see her. So not sure KC had a motive.

If Casey gave Caylee to Mallory and Lee, they "might" think Cindy was right and that Casey was a bad mother.

Penny Beadreau just confessed to killing her 12 year old for that reason.

The daughter had lived for a year with her natural father but requested to go back to her "mom" because she missed and needed her "mother".

When Beadreau was asked by the judge why she didn't give the child back to the child's father, Beadreau said she couldn't. She said she couldn't give her daughter to loving grandparents either.

"They'd think I wasn't a good mother."

Beadreau's new boyfriend had recently complained that her daughter made Beadreau's apartment seem cramped. Beadreau told the court that she would do anything for her boyfriend and that the thought of losing him was worse than that of losing her daughter.

IMO, there are similarities between Beadreau's and Casey's cases.

http://www.southshorenow.ca/archives/2009/020309/news/index033.php

Beadreau, Susan Smith, Diane Downs and the 11 mothers on death row for killing their kids, weren't out of options. They just couldn't stand the thought of being looked down upon because they were tired of their kids.

It just seems to me that Cindy was the primary caregiver of Caylee. This evidenced by photos of Cindy spending time with Caylee, clothing, shelter, room decor, toys, visits to great-grandparents, etc. Caylee also referenced "please don't take nan's sunshine away from me."

I think KC willingly gave Caylee's care over to Cindy, but when Cindy wouldn't take on full childcare and comply with KC's swinging single lifestyle, all h*ll broke lose.

I have no doubt that Cindy was very close and important to Caylee and vice-versa, but Cindy did work, KC appears to actually have been the primary daytime caregiver throughout Caylee's life (except the stints where a friend of KC's was babysitting, that we know of.) I'm not sure how much George may have watched Caylee during days.

I know this sounds stupid, but the thing with photos is, you can get the impression from photos that a child spent most of their time with certain people, but you have to keep in mind, who was the person behind the camera, the one who was interested enough to take the photos? A lot of times the most interested and doting parent is the one who takes the family photos and is not often seen in the photos. I know someone who if you saw her photo albums you would get the impression that the husband is the one who does everything with the kids, because she takes hundreds of photos of him and the kids together. He doesn't take any photos at all of her with the kids, she has to actually beg him to take one once in a while, otherwise there wouldn't be any. But she's the one who spends far more time with the children and is much closer to them. You know what I mean, one example anyway.
Cindy was clearly very devoted to Caylee though, she and George were obviously very close to her.

Jolynna, I have wondered if KC entrusted Caylee to the wrong person, or if Caylee was harmed because of someone or something KC had gotten involved in, and this is what she can't admit to her parents. Or she doesn't know who actually got hold of Caylee or when and how she disappeared (due to being under the influence or for whatever reason), and she can't admit this to her parents either. I'm still not sure. I can't rule KC out entirely, of course.

I've never been completely convinced of the supposed "motive" put forth so often in the media, because if KC really wanted to be free and without a child, she could easily leave Caylee with Lee & Mallory or her parents. And the history: Friends all remarked to LE that KC was a loving and attached mother, nothing unusual noticed by anyone, no history of hostility toward Caylee or mistreatment, they said she had a protective and "mothering" type of personality toward Caylee and even toward her friends. And why would she suddenly murder now, why not before during the more stressful infant years, the sleepless nights, etc, why now when Caylee could soon be in pre-K during the days, and spending some of the evenings with her grandparents? It would only get easier to share the care of Caylee as she always had with her parents. But if she had truly wanted out, wanted to be free of custody, she knew her parents would take Caylee and she'd still be able to see her. So I'm still not sure KC had any motive. A lot of the whole "psychopath" and "wanted to be rid of Caylee" picture has been rampant speculation on the media's part, based on the assumption that KC is guilty, (but it's been repeated so much and for so long, the theory is now often taken as established fact.)

A refreshing read. How nice.

I agree that the current "fact of guilt" as set forth by the media is BS. Amazing how they craft public opinion - cause they truly believe the public is too lame(soft word) to have their own opinion. When and if the facts are ever known - everything will be different, different players.

You will enjoy this article, I think.
http://www.xanga.com/Lesley/684547703/nancy-grace-and-leonard-padilla/

KC could not "easily" leave Caylee with Cindy. IMO, part of the reason she murdered her was so Cindy would never get Caylee.

I've never been completely convinced of the supposed "motive" put forth so often in the media, /[/url]

Errrm...the media didn't search the internet, at KCs home, while KC was also checking her emails....for chloroform.

Are you seriously saying that's some sort of coincidence?

That is premeditation.

Errrm...the media didn't search the internet, at KCs home, while KC was also checking her emails....for chloroform.

Are you seriously saying that's some sort of coincidence?

That is premeditation.

To me the searches aren't much. They happened during the same time frame as the bf had the chloroform pic on his computer ... and I just think it had to do with that not Caylee. jmo

Jolynna, I have wondered if KC entrusted Caylee to the wrong person, or if Caylee was harmed because of someone or something KC had gotten involved in, and this is what she can't admit to her parents. Or she doesn't know who actually got hold of Caylee or when and how she disappeared (due to being under the influence or for whatever reason), and she can't admit this to her parents either. I'm still not sure. I can't rule KC out entirely, of course.

George's testimony and Casey's text and phone and computer activity limits the opportunity for anyone but Casey to harm Caylee.

George said he saw Caylee ALIVE on June 16 just before 1 p.m. Casey had been pinging from the Anthony area all morning. Casey tells George she and Caylee will be not be home that night. Caylee and Casey seem to leave, according to George. Casey's pings put her still in the area.

After George leaves and just after 2:30 and before 3 somebody is downloading on one of the computers there. Casey's phone is pinging from around the Anthony's. At 2:52 Casey talks to Jesse and says she is moving out of the Anthony home.

By 4:18 Casey is pinging toward AL's apartment. By 4:25 Casey has arrived at AL's and is unpacking just HER stuff.

Casey doesn't GO anywhere for somebody ELSE to have been able to snatch Caylee on June 16. Casey never bothered to pack diapers, toys or changes of clothes for Caylee either.

But, Casey KNEW on June 16 by 1 p.m. that Caylee wasn't coming home.

JMO

George's testimony and Casey's text and phone and computer activity limits the opportunity for anyone but Casey to harm Caylee.

George said he saw Caylee ALIVE on June 16 just before 1 p.m. Casey has been pinging from the Anthony area all morning. Casey tells George she and Caylee will be not be home that night. Caylee and Casey seem to leave, according to George. Casey's pings put her still in the area.

After George leaves and just after 2:30 and before 3 somebody is downloading on one of the computers there. Casey's phone is pinging from around the Anthony's. At 2:52 Casey talks to Jesse and says she is moving out of the Anthony home.

By 4:18 Casey is pinging toward AL's apartment. By 4:25 Casey has arrived at AL's and is unpacking just HER stuff.

She doesn't GO anywhere for somebody ELSE to have been able to snatch Caylee. But, Casey KNEW at 1 p.m. Caylee wasn't coming home.

JMO

Fantastic summary of the events that day!

Excellent job! :clap:

I have no doubt that Cindy was very close and important to Caylee and vice-versa, but Cindy did work, KC appears to actually have been the primary daytime caregiver throughout Caylee's life (except the stints where a friend of KC's was babysitting, that we know of.) I'm not sure how much George may have watched Caylee during days.

I disagree. Keep in mind, Caylee wasn't even three yet. For the first, what 1.5 years, Caylee was being watched first by JG's parents, KC friend(s) (while KC was out partying), CA, GA, or some combination of the aforementioned. It was only during the last 6 months (or less) that KC was actually having to deal with Caylee for (somewhat) long stretches of daytime. We also know from the last doc dump that KC routinely dropped Caylee off at CA's work, claiming she (KC) had to go to work (lies).

In addition, KC did not support her daughter in any (meaningful) monetary way. CA + GA provided everything for Caylee.

So no, KC was not "the primary daytime caregiver throughout Caylee's life". She filled in when she had to, with one eye always looking for the next person to pawn her daughter off on... I am reminded of George's statement where he finds that KC has listed 'Nanny' on her resume. Quite telling I think...

I still can't figure out a motive. It wasn't the partying cause she had live-in sitters. ok, it wasn't 24/7 but it was way more than I had at her age with a baby that age which was zero. :biglaugh:

It wasn't frequent abuse that went too far, there was no indication of that - neglect, possibly, but not physical abuse.

It wasn't TonE. That was too new, didn't actually appear to be heading that way with him goin' back to NY and all and it wasn't like Smith where the guy wrote a letter saying "if it werent for the kids" sort of a thing. I think TonE just was having a flingy-thingy and so was KC. He wasn't hostile to children is all I am saying.If it had gotten to the point where TonE was like...."I cant handle kids, sorry..." then maybe.

I dont think it was Cindy. "gee, my mom is mad cause I stole a bunch of money again. I'll teach her! c'mere, caylee...." To me that makes no sense whatsoever but then, murdering one's child is quite senseless so what do I know.

Originally I assumed it was a rage attack and maybe it was. But I can only speak for myself that no matter how mad I was, I wouldn't be that mad to, say, hold a pillow over my kid's face and not realise what was going to happen before s/he stopped struggling. And since there was no trauma to the skull, say, then she didnt hit her or push her to cause a fall with a head injury although that couldnt be ruled out and sometimes there is no bone trauma. or, maybe hit her hard enough in the stomach to cause internal bleeding (I feel sick and evil even typing this...)...but that falls under accident and she was not ever acting like someone who lost her baby in an accident, no grief, no nightmares, no tears, no depression.

And face it, KC woulda been all over the attention from having an accidentally dead baby. Sure, Cindy wouldn't forgive her, but where is any indication KC cares about Cindy? Truthfully? What is Cindy's pain compared to freedom and a free ride from her parents even longer since she is grieving?

Plus, that doesn't explain duct tape....

I still can't imagine who plans a murder for 4 in the afternoon. If, in fact, it was about 4 in the afternoon. I still wonder myself if the night of 6/15 was it. But then, she was on the phone with TonE all night. I mean, really, are you like.."brb, gotta do something real quick", kill your kid, then text or call right back??? but maaaaayyybe caylee wouldn't sleep and KC hadn't been sleeping and she just...couldn't....take it...any more. I guess then getting right back to the phone is no weirder than killing your kid at 4 pm and then headin' to blockbuster at 630 like nothing happened..

That is the worst bit. No matter how cold KC was, how could there be no reaction whatsoever afterwards? no stress, no tears, no nothing?

I can't figure out a single motive that makes any sense at all to me.
What a great post. You are right, imagining the time and motive is difficult. All I can come up with is absolute uncontrollable rage. Did you see how quickly she became enraged during that phone call? I saw behavior like that at the Ted Bundy trial. Snap!
I expect to see it again at her trial. All it will take is a word and snap!

(a) Caylee cramped her style; can't do drugs & party with a 3 year old in tow

(b) Caylee tattled without realizing it. Not knowing how to lie, I'm sure Caylee contradicted KC in front of her parents; her friends / boyfriends. She probably let slip some little nasty nugget that caused KC & CA conflict as well.

(c) Something isn't right about KC / Tony to me, but I'm afraid to put my finger on it (or verbalize it even in writing). All I know is that Susan Smith flashed through my mind over and over in the first few days that Caylee was reported missing.

What a great post. You are right, imagining the time and motive is difficult. All I can come up with is absolute uncontrollable rage. Did you see how quickly she became enraged during that phone call? I saw behavior like that at the Ted Bundy trial. Snap!
I expect to see it again at her trial. All it will take is a word and snap!

If the murder happened in the afternoon....this is why I just can't see how it went unseen? What time would she have dumped the body? How could that have gone unseen, as well. And, if the murder was not planned, how could she have gotten away with the killing and the dumping unseen?

If Casey gave Caylee to Mallory and Lee, they "might" think Cindy was right and that Casey was a bad mother.

Penny Beadreau just confessed to killing her 12 year old for that reason.

The daughter had lived for a year with her natural father but requested to go back to her "mom" because she missed and needed her "mother".

When Beadreau was asked by the judge why she didn't give the child back to the child's father, Beadreau said she couldn't. She said she couldn't give her daughter to loving grandparents either.

"They'd think I wasn't a good mother."

Beadreau's new boyfriend had recently complained that her daughter made Beadreau's apartment seem cramped. Beadreau told the court that she would do anything for her boyfriend and that the thought of losing him was worse than that of losing her daughter.

IMO, there are similarities between Beadreau's and Casey's cases.

http://www.southshorenow.ca/archives/2009/020309/news/index033.php

Beadreau, Susan Smith, Diane Downs and the 11 mothers on death row for killing their kids, weren't out of options. They just couldn't stand the thought of being looked down upon because they were tired of their kids.

And being known as a murderer is preferable to being looked down upon??? What were these women thinking?:rolleyes::bang::loser:

And being known as a murderer is preferable to being looked down upon??? What were these women thinking?:rolleyes::bang::loser:

They were thinking they would get away with it...

IMO, these mothers were more worried about image than reality.

They were more afraid of people KNOWING they were less than ideal mothers than they were of killing their children in SECRET.

If Beadreau hadn't blabbed to undercover cops or Cindy hadn't freaked out and called 911, I think both Beadreau and Casey would have gone merrily along until they saw something/somebody else they couldn't live without (or with).

IMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ND84