Movies, Books?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I *finally* found paypal-available download of "Law & Disorder" by John Douglas, on whom I have an abiding and unapologetic crush.

Still reading -- I'd love to hear what others thought of his chapter on this case. Right now, I'm wishing he'd a chance to interview Martin....maybe look at that guy a bit more closely. Good read so far. His opinions on Hobbs are interesting, as is the 'aha' moment where he realises he's been suckered by a smooth liar.. That's what I like about Douglas (well, one of the things..) - his ability to say "Oh nope, my bad, I was wrong at that point.." and correct himself, openly.

Has anyone read Damien's hospital records?

Has anyone read Damien's hospital records?

Yes, I believe most (probably all) active members here have read basic things like Exhibit 500, JM's confessions, trial transcripts, the Pasdar deposition etc.

I have been doing a lot of reading about this case for the last couple of weeks - mostly here, Callahan, news articles, and wm3truth. I wanted to watch the PL trilogy and found them on youtube. I started watching the first one and almost immediately shut it off when I saw the boys' bodies. I have a 7 year old boy and just can't handle watching that right now. Can anyone tell me if the rest of the first PL is like that, or if there is a "safe" place in the documentary for me to start watching where I won't have to see actual footage of those poor murder victims' little bodies? TIA

I haven't watched the trilogy since PL3 came out, but, IIRC, the opening scenes of PL3 also include the finding of the bodies. I don't believe that there is any objectionable material in PL2, and I don't think that, other than those opening scenes, there is objectionable material in either PL1 or PL3. Please, if I'm wrong, someone correct me!

I haven't watched the trilogy since PL3 came out, but, IIRC, the opening scenes of PL3 also include the finding of the bodies. I don't believe that there is any objectionable material in PL2, and I don't think that, other than those opening scenes, there is objectionable material in either PL1 or PL3. Please, if I'm wrong, someone correct me!

Oh, good - I am hopeful that I can watch it, then. I'll wait to hear if anyone else can chime in to let me know definitely.

Hi--new to this forum but not to WS or to the WM3.

I just finished watching PL2, and in fact there are some parts where I had to hold my hand between my eyes and the screen. Lots of discussion of bite marks, with pictures. Some of the footage of the bodies from the first film is also shown again.

I'm probably too late to warn the OP, but yeah, there are some very disturbing images in PL2. (I haven't seen PL3 yet. But I'm good at averting my eyes.)

Hi--new to this forum but not to WS or to the WM3.

I just finished watching PL2, and in fact there are some parts where I had to hold my hand between my eyes and the screen. Lots of discussion of bite marks, with pictures. Some of the footage of the bodies from the first film is also shown again.

I'm probably too late to warn the OP, but yeah, there are some very disturbing images in PL2. (I haven't seen PL3 yet. But I'm good at averting my eyes.)

Let me ask you this (before you see PL3) -- what do you think of JMB after seeing PL2? Do you agree with the film makers findings?

The worst scenes in PL3 are those of the boys' bodies. You might want to avert your eyes for those, although they're not close ups, but distance shots. Just wanted to warn you.

Has anyone read Jason's book? I plan on reading it soon.

Are you referring to Dark Spell: Surviving the Sentence? If so, yes, I've read it. It's a very good read. Jason is amazing, and Mara tells his story very well, as usual. I'd be interested to hear your take on it after you've read it.

Thanks Compassionate Reader! Hopefully I will get the book this week.

Due to the heatwave we're having in Europe, I finally got round to reading John Douglas "Law and disorder" in it's entirety for the first time. I never really got into the trial in much detail (both trials), and I must say, if I was working in any part of the justice system in the USA (or anywhere else for that matter), and I had knowledge of what went on in the trials of the WM3, I would be deeply ashamed. Shocking!!!

Bumping this question (is the book "Hunting the West Memphis Boogeyman" worth reading).

Speaking of bumping questions:

[video=youtube;09nTwccQTUA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09nTwccQTUA[/video]

Bumping this question (is the book "Hunting the West Memphis Boogeyman" worth reading).

Sorry, you may ascertain by my choice of movies that I couldn't be reading many books.

Hey, you're new!

:welcome:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dianthe