MS - 14-year old shoots parents; kills mother - Mar. 19, 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Poor babies were scared. They wanted reassurance.

It sounded like the mom was calling out for help as Carly sang.

I thought I heard the same... mom making moaning sound and Carly sang. Then Carly stops texting, gets up from the kitchen stool and goes back towards her bedroom/bathroom area... and it made me wonder if Carly went back in the room and covered mom's face with a towel.

That part of the video was distressing... for me.

When I was 14, if one of my friends invited me over to see her dead mother's corpse, I would not have said "OK," and gone to visit. This aspect of the story is where it really goes beyond depraved cruelty to the parents into some nether world that is not sane. IMO. Did she really think she would not just go to jail? Did jail seem appealing?

To be clear, I don't think the friend understood the situation until the friend was already at the house, and brought into the bedroom.

"She also texted one of her friends, BW, to come over claiming that there was an “emergency.” Once the friend arrived, Carly allegedly asked her “if she had ever seen a dead body before” before leading her to her mother’s body and saying her stepfather was next."

IMO, mental illness is an overused villain in far too many crimes. In many cases its more of a personality/character defect than a true mental illness that causes a person to murder.

This reminds me of the Sydney Powel case. In both cases, the daughter's "shameful" secret was discovered by the mother. Sydney Powell's mother discovered Sydney had been suspended from college. Carly Gregg's mother discovered Carley was vaping and smoking weed. Both mothers were then quickly murdered by the daughter, only minutes after the mother's discovery of the daughter's wrongdoing.
Didn’t Sydney Powell get away with it?

I think having an attorney who presents your defense poorly isn't close to enough of a reason to successfully argue ineffective counsel. You aren't entitled to the best possible defense you can get.

I think she could try to appeal, but if her attorney was there every day, awake, arguing her case, IMO it's going to be unlikely she wins an appeal, even if many people think the attorney did a lackluster job.
(Amateur opinion only.)
And sometimes the defense seems poor simply because they don’t have anything to use for their side.

And sometimes the defense seems poor simply because they, don’t have anything to use for their side.
Umm, good point, @gitana1 -- what would the defense say that could be helpful in this particular instance?
Surely there has got to be some reasons or situations that would help.
Or perhaps not...

Last edited:
IMO, she should be under a suicide watch for some length of time. The verdict was handed down very quickly, and she seemed very surprised at how quickly the jury handed down their verdict. She is very young and she may not be able to find someone there with whom she could make a friend quickly. Would there be any visitors with whom she could see and talk?

Dr. Jason Pickett also talks about Carly's biological father and his history during his testimony, which starts at about 4:53:40 here:
It’s strange how quick the stepfather is to forgive her, call her a “sweet little girl” who was very loving, never angry…..considering that his wife is dead. It’s just puzzling.

Didn’t Sydney Powell get away with it?

Sydney Powell was found guilty. I followed that trial, also.

Several filings have been made in an attempt for Sydney to get a new trial... the 9th district court has not reached a decision yet.

It’s strange how quick the stepfather is to forgive her, call her a “sweet little girl” who was very loving, never angry…..considering that his wife is dead. It’s just puzzling.
yeah, I remain troubled by some of his statements in support of CG and his behaviors in court as far as how he interacted with her.

Niggling ick feel that he may have been somehow involved in this case

yeah, I remain troubled by some of his statements in support of CG and his behaviors in court as far as how he interacted with her.

Niggling ick feel that he may have been somehow involved in this case
Right, it’s just that he’s so positive and strangely casual. And completely accepting and supportive. And he came out of it alive. MOO

Dr. Jason Pickett also talks about Carly's biological father and his history during his testimony, which starts at about 4:53:40 here:

well.... I am really enjoying listening to Dr. zPickett.... I had not listened during trial. Haven't heard anything about bio dad yet, but just watching Carly's face during all this is fascinating.

the discussion about the bio father, Kevin Gregg, starts at about 5:40:00... not too long, mostly about his well known drug use. But still a tad of useful info.

Last edited:
well.... I am really enjoying listening to Dr. zPickett.... I had not listened during trial. Haven't heard anything about bio dad yet, but just watching Carly's face during all this is fascinating.

the discussion about the bio father, Kevin Gregg, starts at about 5:40:00... not too long, mostly about his well known drug use. But still a tad of useful info.

Of everyone who testified, he was the most interesting to listen to, IMO.

Sydney Powell was found guilty. I followed that trial, also.

Several filings have been made in an attempt for Sydney to get a new trial... the 9th district court has not reached a decision yet.

Thank you. There was another one I’m thinking of who killed her mother and pretty much got away with it. I think NGRI.

Yup. Isabella Guzman:

I’m not trying to be judgmental but there is the wish in retrospect that loaded guns had not been accessible to this troubled teen. They are holding parents of school shooters culpable, and although I’m not saying that is applicable in this case, I still wonder how she was able to gain access. I missed that information.

I’m not trying to be judgmental but there is the wish in retrospect that loaded guns had not been accessible to this troubled teen. They are holding parents of school shooters culpable, and although I’m not saying that is applicable in this case, I still wonder how she was able to gain access. I missed that information.

I believe we have heard that her mother had the gun as a protection if her ex husband caused problems. Clearly, Carly knew exactly where that gun was. Dr. Pickett's testimony did show that she showed intent and physical capability to use that gun.

After returning home with her mother, prosecutors said Gregg went straight into her parents’ bedroom to retrieve a .357 Magnum pistol from beneath their mattress, according to video from the courtroom shared by Court TV.

I believe we have heard that her mother had the gun as a protection if her ex husband caused problems. Clearly, Carly knew exactly where that gun was. Dr. Pickett's testimony did show that she showed intent and physical capability to use that gun.

After returning home with her mother, prosecutors said Gregg went straight into her parents’ bedroom to retrieve a .357 Magnum pistol from beneath their mattress, according to video from the courtroom shared by Court TV.
Yes, I see, thanks.

Showing intent does not negate the possibility that medication issues could cause aggression and impulse control breakdown.

It still would have been wise to have that gun in a locked box that the minor child would not be able to open.

Showing intent does not negate the possibility that medication issues could cause aggression and impulse control breakdown.

It still would have been wise to have that gun in a locked box that the minor child would not be able to open.

I agree with you on both counts, SMK. As far as the first-- could she have stopped herself despite having the impulse, if she really wanted to, though?

And on the second -- it's a "without-words" situation that this keeps happening (teens easily accessing guns). IMO.

I agree with you on both counts, SMK. As far as the first-- could she have stopped herself despite having the impulse, if she really wanted to, though?

And on the second -- it's a "without-words" situation that this keeps happening (teens easily accessing guns). IMO.
To the first point, possibly— and yet these medication issues which can heighten aggression and lower impulse control especially in individuals under the age of 18 may be exactly what prevents this stopping oneself.

Second, a minor child especially with psychiatric problems should never have access to a loaded weapon, if only to prevent suicide.

Lastly: If the biological father who still had visitation with Carly is so threatening toward the mother that she keeps a loaded gun ready, then why is he not incarcerated? Is he not part of why this occurred, involving his minor child and ex-wife?

When a minor commits a crime the adults in their life usually had some peripheral responsibility.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ismith93
Back