MS - 14-year old shoots parents; kills mother - Mar. 19, 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I find CG's affect during this testimony really odd. I am not convinced that she ever told any of the psych experts the whole truth -if she even knows the whole truth- and her relationships with all 3 parents seem bad in different ways- mother afraid she will be like the bio father/bio father has his own problems/other father had the guns.... still do not understand why the mother bore the brunt of her stress/anxiety unless she cured the "problem" of disappointing her mother by eliminating her. IMO.

IIRC Carly's sister passed away when she (Carly) was about 4 years old, which seems about the same time as the divorce... within a year, maybe? I'm sure this had some impact on Carly as Ashley would have been suffering an enormous amount of stress, heartache. and anxiety with the loss of a child and the ending of a marriage. All to end up with Carly brutally ending Ashley's life.
jmo

IIRC Carly's sister passed away when she (Carly) was about 4 years old, which seems about the same time as the divorce... within a year, maybe? I'm sure this had some impact on Carly as Ashley would have been suffering an enormous amount of stress, heartache. and anxiety with the loss of a child and the ending of a marriage. All to end up with Carly brutally ending Ashley's life.
jmo
It sounds like there was a build up of family stress and trauma, especially when you also factor in the biological father’s drug abuse and threats. I’m wondering if they as a family had gotten some kind of group help, if things would have turned out differently.

It sounds like there was a build up of family stress and trauma, especially when you also factor in the biological father’s drug abuse and threats. I’m wondering if they as a family had gotten some kind of group help, if things would have turned out differently.

Possibly. I've been curious as to when bio dad's serious drug use and his troubles with LE began.

Todd wasn't called out on it :( Seemed like a lot of viewers were on the 'poor CG train' and were asking questions about sending her money and things from her Amazon wishlist. It was sickening.

That same YT channel had another live with Todd today. One of the first things I saw was the presentation and review of Dr Pickett's invoice for his services on this case. And, then there was the statement that anyone who believes Carly "guilty" is bloodthirsty (not verbatim but very, very close). I couldn't watch long enough to find out who and how and if the defense expert, Dr Clark, was paid.

jmo

That same YT channel had another live with Todd today. One of the first things I saw was the presentation and review of Dr Pickett's invoice for his services on this case. And, then there was the statement that anyone who believes Carly "guilty" is bloodthirsty (not verbatim but very, very close). I couldn't watch long enough to find out who and how and if the defense expert, Dr Clark, was paid.

jmo
I imagine there are many who view her as guilty, with mitigating factors.

Reactions: nao
If she were a boy, I wonder if all of our comments would be the same...
Or if she had also murdered her friend whom she called to come over?...
And if her stepfather had not survived, what might she have done next?
(Thinking out loud.)
MOO, IMO. Ethan Crumbley's sentence is what I would prefer for her.

If she were a boy, I wonder if all of our comments would be the same...
Or if she had also murdered her friend whom she called to come over?...
And if her stepfather had not survived, what might she have done next?
(Thinking out loud.)
Granted; there might be less inclination to see mitigating factors if she were a male teen — although even in cases of boys they should be taken into consideration. If more people had died, yes, the already heinous crime would be even worse.

Last edited:
Moo...yea I see gang bangers get short sentences...but you know they will do it again. She killed her mother.. she has no other mothers. She (to me) does not seem very dangerous to society.....moo

Another thing that I found quite unsettling during trial was seeing Carly's rapt attention to Dr Clark's testimony... particularly as compared to anyone else who else who testified. It almost seemed as if she was admiring and learning from her favorite professor in a classroom... as he was feeding her ego.

Weirdness from so many directions in this case.

I think she would be a danger to herself and/or society if left to her own devices.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serge
Back