GUILTY MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student found dead, Harmontown, 20 Jul 2019 *ARREST* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A recent Clarion-Ledger report, citing Kostial’s friends, described Theesfeld as Kostial’s “on-again, off-again boyfriend.”

Numerous sources with stated connections to the suspect and/or the victim, all speaking on the condition of anonymity, told CrimeOnline that Kostial and Theesfeld had been involved romantically. By all indications it was not an exclusive relationship, at least for Theesfeld.

Lafayette County Coroner Rocky Kennedy addressed the lack of publicly released information about the murder investigation in an interview with the Clarion Ledger.

“It’s not a story for everybody to see until it goes to court and goes to trial, ” Kennedy told the news outlet.

“Some of the sensitive details in this case… (are) instrumental to make sure this person who committed this crime is tried and convicted and serve an applicable sentence or punishment and held responsible for what they did.”

Kennedy had earlier told the Commercial Appeal that Kostial’s body had been sent to a state crime lab in Pearl, Mississippi, for an autopsy. Multiple news outlets, including NBC 5 Dallas-Forth Worth, have reported that Kostial was shot eight times in the stomach.

Police have not yet commented on a possible motive for the murder.

‘It’s not a story for everybody to see’: Coroner addresses police silence on Ally Kostial murder investigation

Let's see...Ally supposedly says that she doesn't want to get an abortion because she doesn't believe in that sort of thing; however, she believes in ending a pregnancy by drinking and doing drugs.

I'm inclined to believe the first part. Ally was pregnant and didn't want to end the pregnancy. I do not believe that she would jeopardize the fetus by harmful drinking and drugging.

If she were going to do those things, why not just get an abortion? It doesn't make sense.

JMO. Hope that is allowed. :)

Murdered college student was pregnant and had refused to have an abortion: Report

New details in the killing of 21-year-old Alexandria Kostial emerged on Tuesday as it was reported that the college student was pregnant by her accused killer at the time of her death and had refused to have an abortion.

Kostial was shot eight times on July 20, and her body was found some 20 miles from the campus of the University of Mississippi, where she was a student.

Kostial's on-again-off-again boyfriend, Brandon Theesfeld, 22, was arrested and charged last Monday with her murder. While details that led investigators to arrest and charge Theesfeld with Kostial's murder have been kept largely secret, friends of the murdered woman have expressed concern to the Daily Mail about their relationship.

Kostial, a native of St. Louis known to friends as "Ally," expressed concern to those close to her that Theesfeld, whom she had known since her freshman year, was sometimes prone to violent outbursts. She also confided to several friends and sorority sisters that she was pregnant with Theesfeld's baby and was not interested in getting an abortion.

I struggle to wrap my mind around how a smart girl like Ally can continue to date a man "prone to violent outbursts".

Actually, I've seen it happen up close and personal with another smart girl but I still struggle. The one I know married the angry young man and it didn't end well but, at least she's still alive.

Do you suppose anyone with authority....parents, teachers, house mothers....advised her to break it off permanently?

If only.

Folks, I'm gonna' warn you not to be in a hurry to learn of autopsy results for Ally.

Mississippi is notoriously backlogged in Pearl and they may not have touched her yet.

Maybe the international attention will speed up the process but I wouldn't count on it.

I struggle to wrap my mind around how a smart girl like Ally can continue to date a man "prone to violent outbursts".

Actually, I've seen it happen up close and personal with another smart girl but I still struggle. The one I know married the angry young man and it didn't end well but, at least she's still alive.

Do you suppose anyone with authority....parents, teachers, house mothers....advised her to break it off permanently?

If only.

I'm absolutely sure that more than one person with "influence" told Ally she was on a bad path but I also know that the fact that she started this in 2016, and was still on it was because she believed she could "save" him. She's not the first...

BT's a narc/predator that love bombed her 3 years ago, and Ally was most likely still holding on to the guy she thought he was and/or could be.

Unfortunately, that man was a fraud, false friend, and a player. He would never return to the love bomb guy as he'd devalued and discarded Ally long ago.

MOO

If there is anything to the pregnancy rumor, it could be that weeks before this horrible night, she told him that she thought she might be pregnant, and that she was going to do a pregnancy test to see if she were really pregnant.
Maybe a couple of days before that night, she told him that she was definitely pregnant, and of course that it was his baby. They argued about abortion and she refused the whole idea. Then, when they saw each other that night, maybe he offered her money to have it done, etc., and they had a big fight, and then the horrible thing occurred.
Just my rambling (again).

Note that only the media sources with tabloid standards have published this. Mississippi, Memphis, and St. Louis media have not published stories based on gossip from anonymous sorority sisters.

I disagree.

Some outlets have said that they had there own sources close to Ally that confirmed Ally told them she was pregnant, but they did not publish the story to respect her family while they wait for the ME report.

However, these same outlets have publicly disclaimed DM's version that Ally was acting to self abort/harm by using drink/drugs. Their sources deny that.

I also believe their readers are asking for confirmation of the national story, and are publishing what they know to be true from their own sources.

MOO

If there is anything to the pregnancy rumor, it could be that weeks before this horrible night, she told him that she thought she might be pregnant, and that she was going to do a pregnancy test to see if she were really pregnant.
Maybe a couple of days before that night, she told him that she was definitely pregnant, and of course that it was his baby. They argued about abortion and she refused the whole idea. Then, when they saw each other that night, maybe he offered her money to have it done, etc., and they had a big fight, and then the horrible thing occurred.

The only medical confirmation of pregnancy and gestation will come from the ME/Autopsy report which is not complete and/or not available to the public.

The pregnancy stories being published are said confident in their sources -- many who are said to be Ally's close friends.

Reporters are citing phone/text messages between Ally and her friends, as well as texts between Ally and BT that Ally shared with her friends.

It's a judgement call if you want to believe or not. Again, no medical confirmation at this time.

MOO

Or a "source" planted by the defence. DM does claim to have texts/SM corroborating.

I can actually imagine an -- incredibly cynical -- defence narrative based on these details, true or false.
bbm
It's difficult not to be cynical when we see or follow things in the news, when we collaborate, discuss, and follow crimes and trials here on WS.
I'm not complaining or b*thcing about it in any way at all -- its what we do here by choice, but we see and follow what we do, and we try so hard sometimes to help make things better. And we all learn as we go.

Sometimes we get a sweet sip of apple juice -- ahhh :), and sometimes we get a sip of vinegar :mad:. And we keep on trying.

If that's the case, Brandon's daddy must have been involved because I doubt B had a nickel to his name.

I would expect B's profits went up his nose. MOO

Last edited:
I disagree.

Some outlets have said that they had there own sources close to Ally that confirmed Ally told them she was pregnant, but they did not publish the story to respect her family while they wait for the ME report.

However, these same outlets have publicly disclaimed DM's version that Ally was acting to self abort/harm by using drink/drugs. Their sources deny that.

I also believe their readers are asking for confirmation of the national story, and are publishing what they know to be true from their own sources.

MOO

I don’t think anyone got it from family or law enforcement. If they did, they would say so, and everyone would print it. The media that published have relied on gossip and the screen shots of texts she supposedly sent him in May, but those have not been verified. All kinds of random people with no direct connection to her have been pushing the screen shots for a week and a half.

Bottom line: Nobody but the medical examiner at this point can confirm a pregnancy. Nobody she told or she didn't tell can confirm anything, not family, not friends, not LE, nobody.

People are telling what they say she told them. You can choose to believe them or not.

I have no idea what being 17 weeks pregnant looks like so, I searched for pictures on Google and, while some of the ladies were showing alot, some were barely showing. I guess, if she was really pregnant, she could have not been showing. Also, 17 weeks is too late to get an abortion, right?

No leaks from local or area LE. Everything is clamped down tight. Unusual for the South where everybody talks. MOO the tabloid anonymous sources are not legit.

The only medical confirmation of pregnancy and gestation will come from the ME/Autopsy report which is not complete and/or not available to the public.

The pregnancy stories being published are said confident in their sources -- many who are said to be Ally's close friends.

Reporters are citing phone/text messages between Ally and her friends, as well as texts between Ally and BT that Ally shared with her friends.

It's a judgement call if you want to believe or not. Again, no medical confirmation at this time.

MOO
bbm
Exactly re the ME's autopsy report -- that is the be-all-end-all to this part of the investigation.
I daresay we will not hear a word from the autopsy report until the ME takes the witness stand at the trial for this crime, and that probably won't be for another couple of years. I feel sure the defense team will do the obvious -- delay this trial as long as they possibly can..

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back