MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student, found dead, Harmontown, 20 July 2019 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is if he was dumping evidence in South Memphis he should have turned off his phone, not used his bank card, and not Walked into a store with surveillance cameras wearing an Ole Miss shirt. He is a dumbass.
I agree! I think he assumed nobody would question why the items were found in Memphis - of course the items would be there because that's where criminals live. (I"m sarcastically describing his thoughts, imo, not my own, in case that is not obvious.)

We all follow cases and we know how LE will track a suspect, but that doesn't mean people really understand that their phone, credit cards, etc. leave a trail. He might not have known how easy he made it for LE.

jmo

Shot 8 times? :eek:

Somewhere there is a very messy crime scene. Who has replaced their flooring, or gotten new carpet recently? Or patched holes in their walls and painted out of the blue? Anyone quickly sell their car or have their car turn up "stolen" and burned? I hope she communicated on her phone with whomever she might have been going back out to see after midnight. I also hope they are canvassing all area businesses and homes collecting surveillance video. MOO.
They could have left the car and taken a walk and talk, leaving the car clean. There has to be some blood, IMO, a lot of blood somewhere... A blanket, towel or plastic sheeting later thrown in a dumpster?

They could have left the car and taken a walk and talk, leaving the car clean. There has to be some blood, IMO, a lot of blood somewhere... A blanket, towel or plastic sheeting later thrown in a dumpster?
I’m guessing he talked her into going out there and shot her where she was found. Probably thought she’d be “missing” much longer than what occurred.

Has anyone local been in that store or are familiar with the merchandise? Would the story carry PG tests? I am thinking no, but I have grown kids and don't check the aisles of any store for those tests so not sure.

Is it a store with that type of item, or more like a place with just beverages and beef jerky sticks?

jmo

From google reviews - looks like store has a little bit of everything.

Small general convenience store, which offers a selection of basic grocery and deli Items. Included deli items are pizza and chicken and sliced cold cuts. They have a section dedicated to basic hardware items for RV and boaters as well as general household items. Three gas pumps and bag ice are also available.

If speculation is correct -- don't think there would be a need to purchase second pg test.

MOO

I haven't heard and I was wondering about that. Do you have a link,, I've looked but can't find anything. Ty

I said I think he left plenty evidence at the crime scene. There isn’t a link to support my thought because nothing has been released. What we know is they got his name within a day and got a warrant to track his phone and bank card. I have not seen any suggestion that they contacted BT before they got the warrant, so that means they knew something that made him a person of interest right away. They identified Ally quickly (they notified the family within 3 hours of the deputy finding the body). If the investigators asked her family and friends about a boyfriend or someone she might have been out with, we know now that BT probably would have been everyone’s first thought. But instead of going and asking him if he had seen Ally, they seem to have had enough evidence for the warrant without tipping him off.

Edited to add that as soon as they got her phone records they probably pointed to him also.

While not impossible by any means, that’s a far way to drive drunk. Far side of Sardis Lake is about an hours drive. Maybe buzzed. Or on other illegal substances. JMO. I think he did this rather sober and with a clear mind. I think his liked and retweeted post on Twitter in the days prior perfectly represent his mindset. <modsnip - sleuthing family>

Last edited by a moderator:
I said I think he left plenty evidence at the crime scene. There isn’t a link to support my thought because nothing has been released. What we know is they got his name within a day and got a warrant to track his phone and bank card. I have not seen any suggestion that they contacted BT before they got the warrant, so that means they knew something that made him a person of interest right away. They identified Ally quickly (they notified the family within 3 hours of the deputy finding the body). If the investigators asked her family and friends about a boyfriend or someone she might have been out with, we know now that BT probably would have been everyone’s first thought. But instead of going and asking him if he had seen Ally, they seem to have had enough evidence for the warrant without tipping him off.

Edited to add that as soon as they got her phone records they probably pointed to him also.
The parents may have had Ally on their phone plan and would have had access to her phone activity online. They would have been able to see who called her last and immediately went from there along with knowing whom she was dating, even if they didn't know she was pregnant (if she is/was).

Last edited:
While not impossible by any means, that’s a far way to drive drunk. Far side of Sardis Lake is about an hours drive. Maybe buzzed. Or on other illegal substances. JMO. I think he did this rather sober and with a clear mind. I think his liked and retweeted post on Twitter in the days prior perfectly represent his mindset. <modsnip - sleuthing family>
I'm assuming that Ally and BT traveled to Buford's Ridge in his truck but I wonder if Ally had a vehicle at school?

I have heard of people killing when drunk and not remembering. Alcohol is a mind killer.

I have blacked out more than once. While yes, I did forget some parts of night, I was also able to remember a ton of stuff, and when people mentioned to me stuff that had happened, I was capable of remembering that, although with not much detail. The thing about being black out drunk is that you will remember the things of significance - like, if your friend says something mean to you or, you know, if you kill somebody.
Anyways, being drunk is literally no excuse for anything. I went to college and did have my fair share of partying, like a whole lot of it, managed to not miss any classes because of hangovers, graduated on time and didn't murder anyone. Partying, having a good time, going a little too crazy, and being a productive student that gets stuff done (and well done) on time is possible, you just have to make that decision for yourself, sure you go out and party, but you have to put in the work and actually try. This dude is a fool, 21 and not even finished with his sophmore year? He has the means to get help, to get a tutor, but he just doesn't care. Ally was way better than him, what a shame that she even gave him any second of her day.

Video clip posted a few pages back (with BT's attorney speaking), also had a shot of Lakeside Market and reporter said BT purchased fuel there.

Checking the laws for packaged wine/beer sales in the county is 7AM to midnight.

I believe BT and Ally were at the store after midnight. He was probably already juiced up when he called on Ally. MOO

Oxford, Mississippi | Local Alcohol Laws
If BT filled up at the Lakeside Market and needed to fill up again in South Memphis, he must have been driving around a lot in the time after the murder.

I know that's a big "if" but just thinking about what he did in the time before he was caught.

I'm inclined to believe he headed straight to Memphis after he shot her and partied at an all-night bar but maybe he drove all over town. Maybe lots of bars or picked up a girl and went home with her? Maybe someone on Tinder?

Painful to read -- we all know somebody like Ally:

But while she was at Ole Miss, she met Brandon Theesfeld. The two dated off and on for a few years, friends said, and Kostial saw the good in him and thought she could save him.

^^^ Yes, sadly most of us do. This was the way one of my girlfriends thought about her extremely abusive boyfriend, and he egged it on for all he could to take advantage of her. She finally ended everything with him, but not until after several beat downs and two trips to the emergency room... the second time was due to the fact that he almost succeeded in choking her to death. :(:mad:

I'm assuming that Ally and BT traveled to Buford's Ridge in his truck but I wonder if Ally had a vehicle at school?
I’m almost positive she did. I’d say 98% of juniors and seniors have cars at ole miss so they can drive themselves home during breaks etc. I had a few friends who weren’t allowed to have one freshmen year. And one friend who still wasn’t allowed to have one sophomore year because she lived on campus. A bus runs through her apartment complex, the retreat, that would take her to the campus but if she’s there In the summer teaching fitness classes and taking a class or two she more than likely has/had one.

I have blacked out more than once. While yes, I did forget some parts of night, I was also able to remember a ton of stuff, and when people mentioned to me stuff that had happened, I was capable of remembering that, although with not much detail. The thing about being black out drunk is that you will remember the things of significance - like, if your friend says something mean to you or, you know, if you kill somebody.
Anyways, being drunk is literally no excuse for anything. I went to college and did have my fair share of partying, like a whole lot of it, managed to not miss any classes because of hangovers, graduated on time and didn't murder anyone. Partying, having a good time, going a little too crazy, and being a productive student that gets stuff done (and well done) on time is possible, you just have to make that decision for yourself, sure you go out and party, but you have to put in the work and actually try. This dude is a fool, 21 and not even finished with his sophmore year? He has the means to get help, to get a tutor, but he just doesn't care. Ally was way better than him, what a shame that she even gave him any second of her day.
Well I guess you were lucky. I have heard different from other people who don't remember a thing literally. Alcohol makes a balanced mind UNbalanced, even more so if you have a huge consumption. He called her late at night so I presume he had been drinking to beat the band.

I agree. I also think the defense would have a hard time planting doubt along the lines of a gang killing/rogue killer. Mainly because BT never called LE or any other authority to help after the fact. I am really, really curious to know his whereabouts and actions on Saturday and Sunday. My guess,since he was tweeting, was that he was holed up in his apartment. Got wind of Ally Sunday night, woke up kind of early on Monday, or maybe never went to bed, and went to Memphis to dispose of evidence. Probably thought crossing state lines would buy him time and make evidence harder to uncover.

That was probably his intention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members