GUILTY MS - Amanda Price, 31, murdered at her New Albany home, 5 Dec 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The problem here is, if they aren't going to look at him, they may not find the answers.

The husband waited to get his wounds treated until the next day... maybe he was busy moving a gun to another location after LE left. I wonder if they fought at the door and she slammed it in his face as she was trying to get away. I will be very surprised if the killer is not the husband or someone he hired.

Wow, then he wasn't very seriously injured? Hmmm...his poor unlucky wife.

Exactly. Their house would have those type doors, it's a very nice house and seems new. That's why I was having a hard time believing it in previous posts. But then again, I've never been through a glass door so what do I know.

Tempered glass must not be as strong as we think, a couple of years ago, my mother became over balanced while leaning forward in her wheelchair and hit the oven door(made of tempered glass) it shattered into a million little pieces. Thank God she wasn't seriously hurt.

This case makes no sense to me... I just don't understand why a petty thief would kill someone. I know it happens, but something just doesn't seem right.

This case makes no sense to me... I just don't understand why a petty thief would kill someone. I know it happens, but something just doesn't seem right.

Especially in the dead of night OUTSIDE when nobody would see him/her. I think somebody mentioned Amy Fisher earlier? Maybe it is something like that. Another teen Lolita.

Especially in the dead of night OUTSIDE when nobody would see him/her. I think somebody mentioned Amy Fisher earlier? Maybe it is something like that. Another teen Lolita.

bbm

For some reason, when I first read about this case, I pictured in my mind a neighborhood 'in town', where houses and yards and back doors were all next to each other. However, I googled their address and this is not the case at all. They live outside of town and even though houses are not too far, a burglar would not have been seen very well on a dark rainy night and could have just vanished into the woods. JMHO

The husband waited to get his wounds treated until the next day... maybe he was busy moving a gun to another location after LE left. I wonder if they fought at the door and she slammed it in his face as she was trying to get away. I will be very surprised if the killer is not the husband or someone he hired.

bbm

hmmm...now I from the beginning wasn't especially suspicious of the hubby. But if you put it like that, 'she slammed it in his face as she was trying to get away,' that makes sense.

Well, now on second thought, I hope LE at least looks at that aspect or avenue or whatever, in their search for what happened that fateful night.

Personally, I hope it wasn't the hubby but...................

JMHO
fran

Interesting... from shoppers link above-

A source is saying an arrest has been made and a murder weapon has been found. No officials are confirming that.

If it's true I hope they have some real evidence of what happened.

---
The chief says the .38-caliber handgun used to shoot the couple has not been recovered and charges have not yet been filed.

But the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal is citing a source who says an arrest has been made and the gun recovered. During today's graduation ceremonies for the first new class of state troopers in six years, Gov. Haley Barbour said the highway patrol "captured a burglar who shot and killed a woman in New Albany." No other details were available.
---
http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-amanda-price,0,6800543.story
---
Chief David Grisham tells WTVA's Susan Parker the two men were arrested by the Union County Sheriff's Department and are being held on parole violation charges. Neither man is charged in connection with the shootings of Amanda Price or her husband Ron, but the chief adds he believes the pair will be charged in the case as early as next week.

The names of the two men are not being released. The chief did say they're both in their early 20s and live on East Bankhead Street, which is not far from the Price home.
---
http://www.wtva.com/news/local/stor...ned-in-New-Albany/fltsa8U7gUGkoIJYYFw1Mg.cspx

When this new info broke, I read an article where the police chief mentioned the death penalty. Now I can't find it anywhere. Did anyone else read it?

What if the two in custody are indeed responsible for the car break-ins near the Price home the night of the shootings, and what if that's *all* they are responsible for on that night?

So many seem to believe that the arrest of two alleged thieves means that everything is all sewn up now, case closed, hands washed.

I feel a railroad disaster coming on.

Below is a link for the reporter's twitter account. More info there.

Appears they MAY have some type of evidence recovered tying these two individuals to the murder of Mrs. Price. It's being tested at the foresics lab. The reporter is alluding to them being 'people of interest,' to this crime. They live in a trailer park close to the scene.

fran

http://twitter.com/SUSANWTVA

http://nems360.com/view/full_story/...otings?instance=secondary_stories_left_column

"Police believe Amanda Price went outside with her dog and startled the men, who shot her. Coach Price was then shot while responding to his wife's screams.

Grisham described the men who are being questioned in the slaying as "well-known to law enforcement" and said they appear to have been breaking into cars near the Price home earlier on the night of the shooting. He said the men likely entered the Price property looking for something to steal."

So now there were 2 men? WHY DOES THIS STORY KEEP CHANGING?!? And I've always been in the line of thinking that petty thieves didn't kill.

From shopper's link above:
Asked about a motive, Grisham said it was likely money.
Well, yes, for the car burglaries, perhaps, but if the motive of the shootings was money all the Prices might have been murdered and their house then thoroughly ransacked.

Not...adding...up. Hope the DNA they allegedly have does convict the guilty party (-ies) though.

From shopper's link above:

Well, yes, for the car burglaries, perhaps, but if the motive of the shootings was money all the Prices might have been murdered and their house then thoroughly ransacked.

Not...adding...up. Hope the DNA they allegedly have does convict the guilty party (-ies) though.

No, none of this adds up. They'd be better off keeping their mouths shut (as frustrating as that is) because it is starting to sound like they are just making it up as they fumble their way thru this.:waitasec:

So are these two suspects going to conveniently clear up every crime in the area in recent history? And was the home robbed?

This case is very strange. However, if they have the DNA and say these folks did it, then I'm going to go with that. Being on WS and seeing everything under the sun here, it's hard to let go of other suspicions. But this case may just be one of those that doesn't add up, for no reason other than someone just needlessly took someone's life. I was thinking that maybe they shot at her to just scare her into going back inside so that they could escape, but you don't aim a .38 at someone and not expect to kill them.

The story has changed some and that makes me more suspicious. But if the ballistics and DNA match, then I believe they may have the correct suspects. If it were a murder-for-hire, I believe they would have ratted out the other person by now.

MOO

Yes, as highly suspicious as this case is, if the perps match up with the evidence unequivocally, undeniably, unarguably (meaning, and not just "broadly"), then I'll have to concede that Coach didn't do it or hire it done. But given LE's apparent (to us outsiders, anyway) refusal to investigate all avenues, (read: Coach. 'Cause, he *couldn't* have done it! Why, that's just crazy talk, and shame, shame SHAAAAME on you for even suggesting it!) and the view that they've got their heads buried in the sand focusing on the robbery (what robbery?!) theory to the exclusion of all other probabilities -- that's just amateur, unprofessional, shady (that's right, I said shady) and insulting to the memory of Amanda Price.

I just can't believe how LE is now retrofitting earlier "facts" to suit the new developments, as shopper pointed out. This kind of nonsense is what's shameful, not asking for this case to be investigated properly, logically. As we've all noticed, the stories keep changing by the minute.

If Coach didn't do it, then clear him. First!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach K
Back