GUILTY MS - Amanda Price, 31, murdered at her New Albany home, 5 Dec 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
New Albany Police Chief David Grisham says there is a good possibility Ron Price coached two young men who are persons of interest in the murder case of his wife Amanda.

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-amanda-price,0,6800543.story

Ok, maybe the coach paid these guys to do it. They were troubled guys that were looking for money.

One thing that has been consistently reported is that Amanda was such a loving, caring person and that she was like a mother to the football players. So I have a hard time believing they would kill her for no reason (hadn't technically broken in, wearing masks, etc). Maybe Coach convinced them to do it & promised them $omething later. IF that is the case, maybe their guilt will eat at them and they'll spill it.

I'll concede egg on my face, too, if we ever get to hear what evidence they have, and it's unequivocal and not so nebulous. What little they've told us, doesn't convince me, yet. Even if they have a "confession", I'm still going to need slam dunk evidence, because we all know how false confessions can be coerced. I'm just stubborn like that, I guess.

I'll concede egg on my face, too, if we ever get to hear what evidence they have, and it's unequivocal and not so nebulous. What little they've told us, doesn't convince me, yet. Even if they have a "confession", I'm still going to need slam dunk evidence, because we all know how false confessions can be coerced. I'm just stubborn like that, I guess.

I'm stubborn like that too. I only begrudgingly admitted to egg on my face because it still doesn't add up to me. But unless/until something more concrete comes along, I'll just have to chill out.

Also, Saturday night I was at a party & was sitting at the same table as a cop here in town. So I took the opportunity to get some scoop but didn't get much out of her. She basically said that it was looking to be what was being reported, a random crime. I told her I didn't think small time crooks were known for fatally shooting unarmed women and while she agreed, she said sometimes it just was random.

That crime made no sense. I will admit I was wrong, but it sure looked strange with all the changes in the story.

An arrest is not a conviction. Have they found a weapon yet?

Guess we'll have to wait and see how this shakes out. I just can't see this guy shooting to kill when he could've just run off under the cover of darkness.

How long were they out of town?

I do hope LE is looking at phone calls and computers. Tho I have my doubts.

http://www.wtva.com/mostpopular/story/Man-charged-in-Amanda-Price-murder/9RIvQ7aTCUWcOrGUI7FZFQ.cspx

wfgodot, they've recovered a rifle that was taken from a car broken into that night, and chief says they found a .380 pistol in the accused man's mobile home that they believe is the murder weapon, but the gun's not even back from the crime lab, yet! Unless they have his fingerprints on the bullets, I'm still not convinced this isn't a frame-up, because according to the above link, LE seems to try to provide an answer for a lot of the questions we've been asking, once the story appeared to be changing daily.

Such as:
He was one of the alleged car burglars that night; but he then went rogue and, alone, decided to pick a house, at random, to burglarize. (but . . . with one victim dead, and the other wounded, and the only other occupants of the house a dog and a 4-year-old, he just "calmly walked away" with nothing? When his sole purpose according to the chief was to go rob some more? Why not finish Coach off and ransack the place? He certainly wasn't in a hurry. Coach said the shooter was wearing a dark hoodie or a mask; lately, it's just been called a mask. Have they found the mask? Coach said the shooter was about 6 feet tall. Does this match the accused's height?)

Mrs. Price was shot outside, and Mr. Price was shot inside the home. (And "now" they're calling it a "home invasion". Where nothing was taken. Okay.)

Chief wouldn't answer when asked whether or not the accused has admitted the shootings.

Chief says the accused did not know whose house he was at, nor did he know the Prices.

I just don't understand the "burglary that wasn't a burglary" motive. LE has stated that they have recovered items taken during the car break-ins, however.

If, when all is said and done, the accused turns out to be the shooter, I will gladly admit my line of thinking has been off base. Way, way off base.

But the gun isn't even back from the state crime lab, yet! I wonder if the gun they found in his house could indeed be the murder weapon . . . only the accused didn't put it there, didn't know one would be found there.

I'm sorry, I just can't let it go, can I?

Guess we'll have to wait and see how this shakes out. I just can't see this guy shooting to kill when he could've just run off under the cover of darkness.

How long were they out of town?

I do hope LE is looking at phone calls and computers. Tho I have my doubts.

I don't understand why the shooter didn't just run off, either. And why hang around to shoot Coach, but not steal anything from the well-appointed home? If, as LE says, robbery is the motive, why didn't he take something, anything?

I believe it was just a day trip to Jackson, MS to drop the student off to catch a bus to Alabama, then back home. If they left after church and lunch on Sunday, say about one o'clock, the time frame fits with them driving straight there and straight back with possibly a stop for dinner on the way home. It's been years since I've driven from New Albany to Jackson, but it used to be about a four-hour trip, could be a quicker drive now, but the time they arrived home is reported as ten p.m., so that just about fits. I don't know this for a fact, I'm just guessing.

I also hope they are looking at phone logs and have taken the computers, and like you, I'm doubtful they did. Why would they? According to LE, Coach is the victim, not a murderer, so what would his phone/computer activity have to do with anything? :rollseyes:

Update:

Coach Ron Price got remarried this past Saturday night at the same church he and Amanda were attending when Amanda was murdered, and one week before his and Amanda's would-be wedding anniversary. The new wife is a young special-ed teacher at New Albany Elementary, where Amanda had her office.

Still no news about a trial date for the accused, Craig Baker.

The Chief of Police during this murder and "investigation" (I'm sorry, I simply cannot refer to the "investigation" without scare quotes.) announced his retirement last Spring, and his last day in office was June 30th. A new Chief was elected. Interestingly, one of the veteran cops who campaigned hard and heavily for the position of Chief was also the elected County Coroner. He did not win the race, but in fact has resigned the office of Coroner under investigation by the State of Mississippi for false pretenses, such as filing false claims in death investigations and taking payment for them. He was, of course, the Coroner during Amanda's murder "investigation".

There isn't any indication if and how any of these developments are connected to Amanda's murder, but they are interesting, nonetheless.

I believe it was just a day trip to Jackson, MS to drop the student off to catch a bus to Alabama, then back home. If they left after church and lunch on Sunday, say about one o'clock, the time frame fits with them driving straight there and straight back with possibly a stop for dinner on the way home. It's been years since I've driven from New Albany to Jackson, but it used to be about a four-hour trip, could be a quicker drive now, but the time they arrived home is reported as ten p.m., so that just about fits. I don't know this for a fact, I'm just guessing.

I have learned since I posted this that the Prices did not leave for Jackson after church and lunch, as I had guessed, but in fact left Sunday morning and also went Christmas shopping while in Jackson , per Ron Price's account.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required
Back