MS - Enna Barreto, 2, dies in squalid New Albany home, 19 May 2008 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah, puppies being born on top of feces in the cages is really love. These people make me sick! Selling 13 different breeds says puppy mill loud and clear. Shame on them!

ITA!!! And WTH is a "boxer bulldog"??? Maybe that in and of itself is "13 different breeds"! Last I checked its two different breeds, dumba**!!!

"The people that did this should be shot, or at least when we come to spay and neuter these animals we should spay and neuter these people along with them," said Mississippi State University School of Veterinary Medicine Professor Phil Bushby.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I must confess ignorance, but with the last name of Barreto, what nationality are they? Might they have relatives in Guatemala that "gave" the children to them? How do we know for sure that the children are Guatemalan? I guess there must be some sort of paperwork?

I must confess ignorance, but with the last name of Barreto, what nationality are they? Might they have relatives in Guatemala that "gave" the children to them? How do we know for sure that the children are Guatemalan? I guess there must be some sort of paperwork?

The name Barreto can be Portugese. I have a friend who is Portugese and her sister married a man by that name. They all came to America from Brazil.

Hmmm, a quick check of Janet Barreto shows she has also gone by the names Childers, Killough, and Torres. Shady con I bet.

Enna 'is with Jesus,' preacher reminds 2-year-old's mourners

Enna Isabel Barreto looked like a tiny porcelain doll sleeping in her white and gold coffin Thursday.

Her grieving parents stood by the bier, silently comforting each other as they wept.

A half hour later, they stood stoically beside a Union County sheriff's extended cab truck, extending their hands compliantly to a tall deputy as he handcuffed each of them for their drive to their 2-year-old daughter's burial. Six law enforcement officers stood ready as her pallbearers.

"We are here to remember Enna," Bro. Zemek told them. "It is a bittersweet day - bitter because she is no longer with us; sweet because she is with Jesus."

Enna's five sisters and three young brothers were not there to hear his words. They are in the custody of the Department of Human Services while law enforcement sorts out what will happen to their parents. Thursday, Sheriff Tommy Wilhite said other charges may come because of the child’s death, but he withheld anything more.

<These kids could have been smuggled in by simply walking across a bridge.>

uhhh... yeah... or smuggled in the truck of a car, or a tractor trailer, and so on... happens every day, THOUSANDS of illegal cross over... every... day.

<These kids could have been smuggled in by simply walking across a bridge.>

uhhh... yeah... or smuggled in the truck of a car, or a tractor trailer, and so on... happens every day, THOUSANDS of illegal cross over... every... day.

Or inside a piniata. I'm not being a smart *advertiser censored*s. I had read a story and saw photographs where they stuck a child inside a piniata to smuggle her into the country.

A Union County grand jury claims Janet Killough Barreto and Ramon Barreto, whose 2-year-old adopted daughter died at the hands of her teenage stepsister, tortured three of their other children.

In the indictment, the Barretos are accused of three specific instances of child abuse:

- From Sept. 14, 2000, through Feb. 8, 2006, Adriana Killough, also known as Adriana Santana Lemar, was caged in a closet for prolonged periods and forced to eat, sleep, urinate and defecate in the cage.

- From Nov. 1, 2007, until May 1, 2008, Luisa Fernanda Barreto wastied in a baby crib.

- From Nov. 1, 2007, through May 1, 2008, Juan Fernando Barreto wastied in a baby crib.

Adriana, now 8 years old, was the first child then-Janet Killough adopted and later gave away because the child suffered from a brain disorder.

The Barretos "did unlawfully, willfully, feloniously torture" each of these children, reads the July 25 indictment, signed by Connie Kelly, grand jury foreman.

The indictment charges the Barretos with 10 counts: six charges of child neglect or endangerment; three charges of felony child abuse; and one charge of manslaughter by culpable negligence.

Their daughter,
2-year-old Enna, died May 19 after her 17-year-old sister, Marainna Torres, hit her and threw her into a baby bed, causing fatal internal injuries. Torres, who spent the next month in a Tennessee psychiatric facility,pleaded guilty July 2 to one count of manslaughter by culpable negligence before Circuit Judge Andy Howorth. She has not been sentenced.

I hope they get the maximum. I still wonder how they attained these children and why. It cost a lot to adopt from other countries and why did they want them, were they getting aid for them.

Ramon & Janet Barreto fled the U.S. and are fugitives from justice, assumed to be in Mexico or Guatemala.

Marainna Torres

Guilty Plea
Sentence Date: 05/06/2010

Offense: Manslaughter
Sentence: 20 years (15 years suspended)

Projected Release Date: 08/29/2013
Credit for Time Served: 2 years

:O They fled?

IMHO : They are selling dogs at 100 to 1000 a peice. That's 25 dogs. Lets face it people are always going to be buying pets so they could of quite easily afforded to get the children illegallly.

It's flipping insane putting a child in a cage to have that occur; same thing with the dogs. Yet the dogs got more media coverage then the children.
Hmmm sometimes i wonder about this world we live in.

Where did all these kids come from? How come nobody has noticed them missing.

Or is this just another stop along the way to something more sinister?

I wish I knew. I did a number of searches hoping that someone would have addressed exactly where all of those children came from and by what means they were acquired. I didn't find anything on it at all. Just that they were all adopted and doing well. I have big, big questions about how this whole situation came to be.

omg and they fled justice but their daughter is serving her time

and yes, where did all those babies come from? I'm surprised there isn't more inquiry into that by the gov't

Ramon & Janet Barreto fled the U.S. and are fugitives from justice, assumed to be in Mexico or Guatemala.

Marainna Torres

Guilty Plea
Sentence Date: 05/06/2010

Offense: Manslaughter
Sentence: 20 years (15 years suspended)

Projected Release Date: 08/29/2013
Credit for Time Served: 2 years

http://www.babylovechild.org/2008/0...n-animals-outweigh-a-dead-guatemalan-adoptee/

some interesting info here and pics of the "parents"

Enna&#8217;s &#8216;adoptive&#8217; &#8216;family&#8217; consisted of 9 kids: 2 biological, 7, including Enna adopted/&#8217;adopted&#8217; (the paperwork is missing on 5 of the kids.) The children are now in custody and investigators are looking into possible physical and sexual abuse.

Wilhite said one of the children, a three-year-old, only weighed 20 pounds. That child and two others didn&#8217;t make any sounds at all to communicate

Despite the 5 &#8216;adopted&#8217; children&#8217;s missing paperwork, that still leaves 2 who were assumedly adopted with normal paperwork. So we&#8217;re back to my usual questions. Who the hell did the homestudy? What agency placed the kids with these monsters?

Does anyone care?

Good find, Lovejac! I should have thought to check Baby Love Child. That, as well as The Daily Bastardette are excellent adoption-related blogs. I should have known they would cover this case. There is already a link to the coverage by The Daily Bastardette in your link, so I won't add a new one.

Good find, Lovejac! I should have thought to check Baby Love Child. That, as well as The Daily Bastardette are excellent adoption-related blogs. I should have known they would cover this case. There is already a link to the coverage by The Daily Bastardette in your link, so I won't add a new one.

Whenever I see you post sentencing info on a case I haven't seen before, I've been reading up on it. It also helps me to put a face to the name. While I was googling, I found that site with pictues of the monsters and all that great info.

I love google!

http://wreg.com/2014/08/13/couple-wanted-for-murder-of-daughter-caught/

A Mississippi couple who have been on the run since 2008 have been arrested. Ramon and Janet Barreto were wanted in connection with the death of their 2-year-old girl in 2009.

Already serving a five-year sentence for the death is Janet Barreto&#8217;s daughter, Marainna Torres...

The couple was located in Portland, Oregon, after taking off when they were released on bond. The couple faces numerous charges, including child neglect, child abuse, manslaughter, and tampering with a witness.

They certainly don't appear to have been starving all this time. I'm terrified to learn who this child is and how they came to have him/her.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maddyka
Back