MS MS - Jackson, BlkMale UnkAge, in abandoned home, 5'10" to 6'0", Blk shirt/shorts, July '14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

YaYa_521

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

NamUs #UP12925 -
Male, Black / African American
Date Body Found - July 8, 2014
Location Found - Jackson, Mississippi
Estimated Age Range--
Estimated Age Group - Cannot Determine
Height - 5' 11"(71 inches) , Estimated
Weight - Cannot Estimate
Hair Color - Black
Clothing - Black Shirt, Black Shorts - On the Body

General Location--Jackson, Mississippi; County - Hinds County

Circumstances of Recovery - Partially skeletonized body found in abandoned house in Jackson, MS. Address is unknown. Trauma is unknown at this time.

Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains - All parts recovered
Condition of Remains - Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

No photos; no comparisons.

MS - MS - Rickie Lee Donnell, adult, Jackson, 28 Aug 2012

I submitted Rickie Lee Donnell as a possible match to this UID. It seems to me that Jackson PD would have done a comparison back in 2014, but you never know. Rickie doesn't have a NamUs profile so I doubt a DNA exclusion would have been made through NamUs. I'm hoping this submission will provide answers to Donnell's family.

MS - MS - Rickie Lee Donnell, adult, Jackson, 28 Aug 2012

I submitted Rickie Lee Donnell as a possible match to this UID. It seems to me that Jackson PD would have done a comparison back in 2014, but you never know. Rickie doesn't have a NamUs profile so I doubt a DNA exclusion would have been made through NamUs. I'm hoping this submission will provide answers to Donnell's family.

Mr Donnell is not listed as a ruleout in this case (there are zero ruleouts listed in Namus). I double-checked Mr Donnell's own Namus case and he also has no UID listed as ruleouts.

I note that thanks to @othram and Carla Davis there are now only 6 UIDs from Mississippi in Namus - I'm sure this one is on their radar!

UP12925 also has new additional info in his Namus case and some information has changed:

Changed information- clothing used to say "black shirt, black shorts" now says "Dark blue/light blue plaid pajama bottoms; Bob Marley Rasta lion shirt (black, green, red, yellow)".
Height and Age estimate: Age 49-99 (previously had no estimate) and height now 6 feet (previously listed as 5'11).
Distinct physical features - "Postaxial polydactyly of the left 5th foot phalanx". According to Dr Google this means the UID had "a congenital disorder ... when a person is born with an extra digit (a supernumerary finger or toe) on either the fibular side of the foot (near the little toe) .....The extra digit can range from a small, soft tissue bump to a fully formed, functional finger or toe. Although the reason is frequently unknown, genetic factors may be involved as the illness occasionally runs in families. Surgical excision of the additional digit is often the course of treatment, mainly if the digit is non-functional or impairs normal hand or foot function."

Last edited:
Mr Donnell is not listed as a ruleout in this case (there are zero ruleouts listed in Namus). I double-checked Mr Donnell's own Namus case and he also has no UID listed as ruleouts.

I note that thanks to @othram and Carla Davis there are now only 6 UIDs from Mississippi in Namus - I'm sure this one is on their radar!

UP12925 also has new additional info in his Namus case and some information has changed:

Changed information- clothing used to say "black shirt, black shorts" now says "Dark blue/light blue plaid pajama bottoms; Bob Marley Rasta lion shirt (black, green, red, yellow)".
Height and Age estimate: Age 49-99 (previously had no estimate) and height now 6 feet (previously listed as 5'11).
Distinct physical features - "Postaxial polydactyly of the left 5th foot phalanx". According to Dr Google this means the UID had "a congenital disorder ... when a person is born with an extra digit (a supernumerary finger or toe) on either the fibular side of the foot (near the little toe) .....The extra digit can range from a small, soft tissue bump to a fully formed, functional finger or toe. Although the reason is frequently unknown, genetic factors may be involved as the illness occasionally runs in families. Surgical excision of the additional digit is often the course of treatment, mainly if the digit is non-functional or impairs normal hand or foot function."
With no filters and what is only reported to NamUs for the state of Mississippi, there are 69 persons still showing as unidentified.

With no filters and what is only reported to NamUs for the state of Mississippi, there are 69 persons still showing as unidentified.
Yes sorry, I was typing too quickly! 69! So few left when you compare to some states.

Yes sorry, I was typing too quickly! 69! So few left when you compare to some states.
Yes, absolutely true. I had been doing research on Tennessee and it’s almost double that. So much work yet to be done.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TinaMarie77
Back