MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Champion's exact words were that Jessica was "just a normal teenager..." and that she was "leading a relatively normal lifestyle..." Because this is a victim-friendly forum, I will only say that while she did nothing at all that could ever justify her heinous murder, if even a fraction of the allegations reported here and elsewhere about her life up until at least the time of her being sent to Leah's House, a home for troubled women, are true, I would not classify that a "relatively normal lifestyle", at least not where I am from, and I think it is very likely that something, or someone, from some part of her life is very possibly directly responsible for her death. JMO

ITA. Just a note- there have been other cases where individual hasn't been exposed to as much potential danger like criminal activity (i.e. Maria Lauterbach case, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Maria_Lauterbach) but I think the probability of Jessica being brutally murdered increase with things like gang affiliation, drug trafficking and abusive boyfriends, so statistical it is likely related one of those even if indirectly.

BTW the interesting thing about the Lauterbach case is that Cesar Laurean, perp murdered Maria and unborn baby to keep her from talking at hearing alleged rape (regardless of whether sex rape/consensual Laurean was a supervisor military, so his career over), and he went to great lengths to cover up crime (even writing suicide note) and included his wife in cover up, he knocked Maria over the head with a crow bar, cut her throat and burned Maria's remains. He gave weapon to a friend. He also tried to take a "vacation" flee out of country. What a wolf in sheep's clothing, but the point is he used other people to help him carry out his plan including wife.

It makes me wonder in this case if Jessica possibly was at the scene of the first fire and perp(s) attempted to cover up scene if say they knocked Jessica out there and blood evidence/dna etc. So hypothetically perp(s) started fire "house" fire while someone else drove JC onto Herron crime scene. Are there cameras up and down Herron Road E-W of 51 or by first fire? Does LE know what weapon used to hit JC over head (assuming gash on head)? Was JC going to testify against anyone for alleged rapes or anything else? Anyway, I don't think JC's teenage life was normal and the poor girl had to grow up much too fast, she deserved better, every teenager deserves to be/feel safe. All Jmo//

It makes me wonder in this case if Jessica possibly was at the scene of the first fire and perp(s) attempted to cover up scene if say they knocked Jessica out there and blood evidence/dna etc. So hypothetically perp(s) started fire "house" fire while someone else drove JC onto Herron crime scene. Are there cameras up and down Herron Road E-W of 51 or by first fire? Does LE know what weapon used to hit JC over head (assuming gash on head)? Was JC going to testify against anyone for alleged rapes or anything else? Anyway, I don't think JC's teenage life was normal and the poor girl had to grow up much too fast, she deserved better, every teenager deserves to be/feel safe. All Jmo//

Respectfully snipped by me.

Have any details of this first fire been reported by MSM? I would love to know if Jessica had any connection to the location or individuals involved with the earlier fire. After reading an article on nola.com (linked below) yesterday, I wonder if Jessica may have been sent to Batesville to make a purchase of illegal or prescription drugs that were going to be given/sold/traded to others she was meeting with back in Courtland. The article (below) mentions one of the suspects having made a purchase of pseudoephedrine for meth manufacturing 30 minutes before he arrived at the house that was raided the next day. If you look at the area in Batesville where Jessica was thought to have been (Hwy. 6 E & Eureka Rd.) , there are lots of pharmacies and drugstores clustered in that area. I also wonder if Herron Rd. was a typical meeting place for those in Jessica's circle and maybe she was meeting there (or set up by someone) to make an exchange of whatever she purchased or picked up in Batesville.? And while we're on the subject of fires, I find it so interesting and shocking that one of the names mentioned (RLH) having had recent altercations with Jessica has a history of arson and drug arrests. Any coincidence there??

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/04/crystal_meth_investigation_in.html#incart_river

I totally agree with SteveP about the comment made concerning Jessica's behavior being normal for a teenager. If this is typical teenage behavior in Courtland, then Panola LE has a bigger problem than just Jessica's murder to resolve.

Respectfully snipped by me.

Have any details of this first fire been reported by MSM? I would love to know if Jessica had any connection to the location or individuals involved with the earlier fire. After reading an article on nola.com (linked below) yesterday, I wonder if Jessica may have been sent to Batesville to make a purchase of illegal or prescription drugs that were going to be given/sold/traded to others she was meeting with back in Courtland. The article (below) mentions one of the suspects having made a purchase of pseudoephedrine for meth manufacturing 30 minutes before he arrived at the house that was raided the next day. If you look at the area in Batesville where Jessica was thought to have been (Hwy. 6 E & Eureka Rd.) , there are lots of pharmacies and drugstores clustered in that area. I also wonder if Herron Rd. was a typical meeting place for those in Jessica's circle and maybe she was meeting there (or set up by someone) to make an exchange of whatever she purchased or picked up in Batesville.? And while we're on the subject of fires, I find it so interesting and shocking that one of the names mentioned (RLH) having had recent altercations with Jessica has a history of arson and drug arrests. Any coincidence there??

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/04/crystal_meth_investigation_in.html#incart_river

I totally agree with SteveP about the comment made concerning Jessica's behavior being normal for a teenager. If this is typical teenage behavior in Coutland, then Panola LE has a bigger problem than just Jessica's murder to resolve.

I don't think there has been any update on the first fire, sorry I was just kind of thinking out loud about concealing evidence. Idk, but there is no public information/evidence to tie in the first fire to Herron Rd/crime scene, but LE may have more information. And I don't remember DA Champion mentioning anything about the fire(s).

I do think it's interesting that Champion said in recent update that LE know exactly where Jessica was during the week (please correct me if that's wrong). This means that LE would know if perp(s) were with Jessica and/or communications too.

That's interesting that pharmacies etc around area/prescriptions/meth, totally could be idk. If JC was involved in exchange/purchases LE could easily track information down from pharmacies, stores, etc and likely who JC was involved in it by pattern/phone records. RH does seem to fit previous crimes involving arson, etc, but Idk how he fits. Unless the perp(s) were some random stranger, my guess is they had some contact with JC prior to her murder. Jmo/

Champion's exact words were that Jessica was "just a normal teenager..." and that she was "leading a relatively normal lifestyle..." I trust that he doesn't really believe that. I don't even believe Jessica thought that, as she felt compelled to write a book and tell her story. Because this is a victim-friendly forum, I will only say that while she did nothing at all that could ever justify her heinous murder, if even a fraction of the allegations reported here and elsewhere about her life up until at least the time of her being sent to Leah's House, a home for troubled women, are true, I would not begin to classify that a "relatively normal lifestyle", at least not where I am from, and I think it is very likely that something, or someone, from some part of her "relatively normal" life is very probably directly responsible for her death. JMO

At the time of her murder, what exactly do you believe Jessica was doing that wasn't a normal teen lifestyle? She lived with her parent. She had a job. She had been been in a relationship that involved domestic violence. Where I come from, that's all pretty normal. Domestic violence is at epidemic levels in the United States and people are murdered as a result. We do not know if that is what happened in this case but it is entirely possible.

JMO

At the time of her murder, what exactly do you believe Jessica was doing that wasn't a normal teen lifestyle? She lived with her parent. She had a job. She had been been in a relationship that involved domestic violence. Where I come from, that's all pretty normal. Domestic violence is at epidemic levels in the United States and people are murdered as a result. We do not know if that is what happened in this case but it is entirely possible.

JMO

Much of Jessica's troubled life has been discussed here (in many threads) and elsewhere, and I will not post facts or allegations here again. I did not post to bash the young woman, but I think that anyone who thinks her lifestyle, not necessarily in the days immediately before her murder, but in the weeks and months and even years leading up to it, was normal, is not going to be swayed by anything anyone says. And where I come from, although it should never happen and far too often does, relationships that involve domestic violence are not considered "pretty normal". JMO

I am going to say that Jessica Chambers's killer was driven by revenge yet to be known.

Much of Jessica's troubled life has been discussed here (in many threads) and elsewhere, and I will not post facts or allegations here again. I did not post to bash the young woman, but I think that anyone who thinks her lifestyle, not necessarily in the days immediately before her murder, but in the weeks and months and even years leading up to it, was normal, is not going to be swayed by anything anyone says. And where I come from, although it should never happen and far too often does, relationships that involve domestic violence are not considered "pretty normal". JMO

Respectfully, I do believe the "normal lifestyle" reference was to the Melinda's current lifestyle and not to something that happened months or years before. And normal teenagers are getting involved in relationships that can turn violent. They are victims and should not be blamed.

JMO

A 2007 campus sexual assault study by the U.S. Department of Justice found that around 1 in 5 women are targets of attempted or completed sexual assault while they are college students, compared to about 1 in 16 college men. The Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network reports that college-aged women are four times more likely than any other age group to face sexual assault.

Each year schools disclose the number of sexual assaults reported on campus in their annual security reports, and to the U.S. Department of Education. In 2013, the requirements for schools were updated as part of the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act. Colleges and universities will now also disclose the annual number of domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking incidents reported.

http://www.aauw.org/resource/campus-sexual-assault-talking-points/

Just want to drop this link here for those who may have missed it. It's the blogtalkradio re: Jessica Chambers Murder from 2 weeks ago. Start around the 19:30 mark.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/southern-sense/2015/03/24/jessica-chambers-murder-mystery-todays-news

Sadly, I agreed when the guest said this crime is one of the worst murders to occur on American soil in years.

The guest addresses the missing ph call after the release of the official TL. Also, he mentions the Sheriff's CCTV fib.

I was wowed that it required 8-10 gallons of fuel to produce the damage seen. Maybe the fuel was jet fuel or something with a low flashpoint that didn't require as much fuel. Didn't someone mention it could be special fuel used in cycle racing?

JMHO #JusticeForJessica RIP

Please remember do not attack a poster personally.

Thank you

My mistake. I meant Jessica. Melinda is yet another young victim of domestic violence some wish to blame for her horrific murder.

JMO
I have seen absolutely no one wishing to blame Jessica for her murder. If you have, please enlighten us by pointing out such a post.

My mistake. I meant Jessica. Melinda is yet another young victim of domestic violence some wish to blame for her horrific murder.

JMO

At the time of her murder, what exactly do you believe Jessica was doing that was normal teen lifestyle? She lived with her parent. She had a job. She had been been in a relationship that involved domestic violence. Where I come from, that's all pretty not normal. Domestic violence is at epidemic levels in the United States and people are murdered as a result. We do not know if that is what happened in this case but it is entirely possible.

JMO

Respectfully, I do believe the "normal lifestyle" reference was to the Acissej's current lifestyle and not to something that happened months or years before. And normal teenagers are not getting involved in relationships that can turn violent. They are not victims and should not be blamed.

JMO

It seems at the latest presser that Champion (his surname is ironic or coincidental, I'm not sure) admitted that JC was out and about that morning (perhaps at a party (birthday, perhaps?). Regardless, I have not been on here for a while and it's time to sell my car and move.

At the time of her murder, what exactly do you believe Jessica was doing that was normal teen lifestyle? She lived with her parent. She had a job. She had been been in a relationship that involved domestic violence. Where I come from, that's all pretty not normal. Domestic violence is at epidemic levels in the United States and people are murdered as a result. We do not know if that is what happened in this case but it is entirely possible.

JMO

Respectfully, I do believe the "normal lifestyle" reference was to the Acissej's current lifestyle and not to something that happened months or years before. And normal teenagers are not getting involved in relationships that can turn violent. They are not victims and should not be blamed.

JMO

BBM. It is reality whether you wish to believe it or not. Violence amongst Jessica's age group has increased significantly among "normal" teenagers.

Violent crime is an unfortunate reality in the United States and college campuses are not immune. In the past ten years, murder, rape, robbery, and aggravated assaults have been reported on college campuses across the nation.

https://police.colorado.edu/crime-prevention-safety/preventing-violence-campus

In the past ten years, murder, rape, robbery, and aggravated assaults have been reported on college campuses across the nation.

Great to see that those alleged crimes are reported (and were not circa 2005). :laughing:

She had been been in a relationship that involved domestic violence.

You are correct in that JC was involved in a relationship that involved domestic violence. She was allegedly arrested for domestic violence against her mother.

You are correct in that JC was involved in a relationship that involved domestic violence. She was allegedly arrested for domestic violence against her mother.

That's quite an accusation to make against a dead victim. Link, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot