MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way I can see the ex -not- being a suspect/person of interest is if he's no longer in the area/in jail/dead.

Agree. Except "no longer in the area" still isn't a reason. Jodi Arias traveled from north CA to Az to kill Travis, all in stealth, including gas cans so that there would be no trace of her in the state.

LE needs to make sure his alibi is iron clad.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk 2

Killers only kill for one of three reasons, period. Sex, money or revenge! Track her known associates and you will find the killer. That said...this is a revenge killing. Here are my thoughts as to who and why it is in fact a revenge killing!

First, I feel that the perp is a black male, and between the ages of 18-22.
My conclusions are based upon her previous known male associates of that race and the ages are based on the fact that most kids associate with those in close proximity to their age.

Secondly, I feel that this was a single person attack and I base that upon the fact that the local sheriff has stated that there was little/no street talk about this crime. Normally in crimes, someone talks and rumors begin.

Third, I feel Jessica by prearrangement picked this person up after she left the gas station. Perhaps the person convinced her they were going to visit someone else who lived some distance away from the scene of her death, which is why she bought the extra gas (per the gas station manager/owner).

Fourth, I feel an argument ensued with the perp while driving to where her car was found or after she stopped there, but probably as she passed that particular area. The argument in the car got physical and she lost control thereby hitting her head on the dash or windshield as the car came to a stop.

Fifth, as to her cell phone and the fact that the battery was removed, I think that is without merit in this particular case. I believe after her vehicle came to a stop and with the argument probably still ensuing, she attempted to place a call, perhaps to 911.
As she attempted to do so and with the argument escalating, the perp simply hit her hand to prevent her from dialing and the phone dislodged through perhaps an open window and at the same time dislodged the battery. Have you ever dropped your phone? Quite common for the battery to fall out.

Sixth, at it is dark and the assault, sexual or otherwise, continues, the perp proceeds to attempt to kill her. As the vehicle begins to burn, he has no time to try and locate the phone for fear of being caught at the location and simply flees into the darkness.

Seventh, I feel that Jessica knew the assailant and was perhaps friends with this person. It also feel this person is rather young as apparently lighter fluid in lieu of fuel was used on her body. Any adult (say over 30) would not use lighter fluid and would have simply bought gas to use as a way to light a fire.

One other observation...is it possible the perp told her to be sure and get extra gas knowing that he in fact planned to burn her and the car and wanted to be certain there was enough fuel in the tank to do the job? If he were a friend, he would know she never put much fuel in the tank. Interesting point to ponder!

To kill by burning is a very, very personal way to kill. As a career Marine I can tell you that to kill at a distance or even in a man-to-man fight i.e. a soldier in hand-to-hand combat is one thing. To kill by literally holding someone down and pouring lighter fluid into their orifices is entirely different.

Eighth, As to the airbag discussion, they would not have deployed simply by running off the road unless something was struck, and there is no evidence that anything was struck. I feel the seats were simply in a reclined/collapsed position due to the burning of the interior and the force of the fire hoses that were placed onto them.

Ninth, I think the perp was enraged and wanted to show her so to speak, or perhaps...as it is a very small community where everyone knows everyone else, and her father worked for the Sheriff's Department perhaps she had said something to a deputy about someone...either accidentally or as a snitch...and this was a way of sub-consciously sending her a message of “keep your mouth shut.”

Tenth, I do not believe that this was a KKK/white supremacists revenge attack or something of that nature as has been alluded to in previous post. Having grown up in 1960's Mississippi, that State is quite different today and like elsewhere in our nation, most races get along. Not to say 100% that it could not have happened...but I do not believe that to be the case.

Finally, I do not believe she was a Meth user or using her vehicle to cook Meth as some have surmised. I believe her death was pre-planned and not a "spur of the moment" killing. I believe the person who killed her set out with a plan to lure her to pick him up and then at some point kill her.

Sex, money or revenge? Definitely a revenge killing, but revenge of what? That's what needs to be determined!

Either way, it is a tragedy and as a retired Marine and fellow Mississippian I hope they find this disgusting animal and prepare a special gurney for him at Parchmen (the Mississippi State Prison.)

Thanks for letting me opine. This is my first post and I am happy to discuss rationally my conclusions/hypothesis.

I've been waiting to see if anyone local addressed this. Since not, I guess I should tell my story:

I am NOT from that area and have never lived there. But I do have relatives there. Passing through once on my way further south, I arranged to meet a group of relatives for dinner at a popular restaurant that also has a bar with music and dance.

We had a great dinner, wonderful visit, and even danced a bit. A good time was had by all, you could say. But I was woefully behind in a project that required me to briefly interview 100 people. I'm being intentionally vague about the details for the protection of my privacy.

Looking around, I saw every table in ghe restaurant and every seat at the bar full, some people standing around the small dance floor, and people lingering outside, presumably to smoke. I thought "what a great opportunity to interview a sizable number of people in a short period of time".

I spent the next 30 minutes "mixing" with the crowd, speaking with about everyone in the building. I wasn't invasive at all and everyone, without exception, was open and friendly. As I finished interviewing at one table or group, another group would beacon me to come talk to them. I quickly had more than half my project done and was thrilled. On top of that, I had the pleasure of meeting a truly amazing community of the nicest folks I'd seen in one place at one time.

Once finished, I stepped outside to rejoin several members of my own group as they took in some fresh air. What happened next took me completely by surprise.

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING? ARE YOU TRYING TO GET YOURSELF KILLED?" shouted a local resident of my own group.

Mind you, I was in my late 50s, accompanied the whole time by my husband, and had not engaged in anything remotely 'flirtatious'. I had explained my professional 'project' to each person I interviewed. I was befuddled and confused by the considerable anger coming from this local fella.

As I blinked in the headlights, clueless, he continued to say things like "YOU MUST BE CRAZY TO HAVE A DEATH WISH LIKE THAT". Then it hit me with a sickening thud. I felt like I fell down a rabbit hole and landed squarely in a KKK meeting in the 50s. He was referring to the fact that there was a mix of ethnicities in that restaurant and I had dared speak with ALL of them alike.
Somehow, my speaking with, shaking hands, laughing with, and sitting at tables with people who were not WHITE endangered my LIFE in the eyes of this long term generational local. He seemed to imply that I should get out of town fast before the sun came back up.

I know this sounds unreal, especially for those who did not grow up in the south. It was unreal to me also and sickening.

All I can say is if what I did that night in a very public venue in the presence of my husband and many extended family members meant my very LIFE was then at risk (from whites, not from people of color) then I can't begin to imagine what risk Jessica Chambers ran. And the 'risk factors' are embedded throughout all rungs. Believe it!

There. I've said it. It seems no one else that is local is willing to speak up. I can understand: It doesn't take seeing many burned alive to silence people.

This is NOT to say Jessica wasn't killed by an ex, by a jealous woman, by a rejected man, etc. I'm just sayin' that the racist stuff is still seriously pathological in that part of the country and pretty high up the ranks, too.[emoji15]

Awe, sounds like you had one in your group that might be racist or he could be telling that story to his friends and slapping his knee laughing at how he scared the bejeebers out of a "Non Southerner". Sounds like he did scare you even though your experience was actually positive.

I definitely don't think it was an accident or suicide because the battery from J.C. phone had been discovered tossed away. In my opinion that was so she could not phone for help.
The party is a curious thing too. Sounds like it was not the type of party held in someone's home for that particular age group as it would seem to early in the evening.

Jmo.

Agree. Except "no longer in the area" still isn't a reason. Jodi Arias traveled from north CA to Az to kill Travis, all in stealth, including gas cans so that there would be no trace of her in the state.

Is the ex boyfriends name known? Can we find out what his status is?

I thought that someone posted early that he lives in another state, but I cannot be sure which state now, though I tjought it wasn't far. I'm sorry I cannot remember.

Killers only kill for one of three reasons, period. Sex, money o revenge! Track her known associates and you will find the killer. That said...this is a revenge killing. Here are my thoughts as to who and why it is in fact a revenge killing!

<snipped>

Either way, it is a tragedy and as a retired Marine and fellow Mississippian I hope they find this disgusting animal and prepare a special gurney for them at Parchmen (the Mississippi State Prison.)

Thanks for letting me opine. This is my first post and I am happy to discuss rationally my conclusions/hypothesis.
:welcome6:
Thank-you for the service to this country.I couldn't find an American Flag so I am going to just say how very glad we are to have you at Websleuths.

From my experience working at a Women's shelter in my county, women take up residence at the shelter for one of two reasons: 1. The woman lives with the abuser and the abuser is the sole owner of the home or the sole renter listed on the lease agreement. The woman has nowhere else to go. Or 2. The shelter is deemed the safest place for the victim to be because the threat of violence is very real and the victim is terrified.

Jessica has family, so it is unlikely that she had nowhere to live. She must have been terrified. Women's shelters nationwide offer counseling to any victim, whether residing in the shelter or not. It is provided free of charge. They also offer D n A counseling and have the means to set victims up in housing. We have even gotten some victims out of town and into other states. I would be interested to see if there were any criminal charges filed in her particular case.

Killers only kill for one of three reasons, period. Sex, money or revenge! Track her known associates and you will find the killer. That said...this is a revenge killing. Here are my thoughts as to who and why it is in fact a revenge killing!

My conclusions are based upon her previous known male associates of that race and the ages are based on the fact that most kids associate with those in close proximity to their age.

Secondly, I feel that this was a single person attack and I base that upon the fact that the local sheriff has stated that there was little/no street talk about this crime. Normally in crimes, someone talks and rumors begin.

Third, I feel Jessica by prearrangement picked this person up after she left the gas station. Perhaps the person convinced her they were going to visit someone else who lived some distance away from the scene of her death, which is why she bought the extra gas (per the gas station manager/owner).

Fourth, I feel an argument ensued with the perp while driving to where her car was found or after she stopped there, but probably as she passed that particular area. The argument in the car got physical and she lost control thereby hitting her head on the dash or windshield as the car came to a stop.

Fifth, as to her cell phone and the fact that the battery was removed, I think that is without merit in this particular case. I believe after her vehicle came to a stop and with the argument probably still ensuing, she attempted to place a call, perhaps to 911.
As she attempted to do so and with the argument escalating, the perp simply hit her hand to prevent her from dialing and the phone dislodged through perhaps an open window and at the same time dislodged the battery. Have you ever dropped your phone? Quite common for the battery to fall out.

Sixth, at it is dark and the assault, sexual or otherwise, continues, the perp proceeds to attempt to kill her. As the vehicle begins to burn, he has no time to try and locate the phone for fear of being caught at the location and simply flees into the darkness.

Seventh, I feel that Jessica knew the assailant and was perhaps friends with this person. It also feel this person is rather young as apparently lighter fluid in lieu of fuel was used on her body. Any adult (say over 30) would not use lighter fluid and would have simply bought gas to use as a way to light a fire.

One other observation...is it possible the perp told her to be sure and get extra gas knowing that he in fact planned to burn her and the car and wanted to be certain there was enough fuel in the tank to do the job? If he were a friend, he would know she never put much fuel in the tank. Interesting point to ponder!

To kill by burning is a very, very personal way to kill. As a career Marine I can tell you that to kill at a distance or even in a man-to-man fight i.e. a soldier in hand-to-hand combat is one thing. To kill by literally holding someone down and pouring lighter fluid into their orifices is entirely different.

Eighth, As to the airbag discussion, they would not have deployed simply by running off the road unless something was struck, and there is no evidence that anything was struck. I feel the seats were simply in a reclined/collapsed position due to the burning of the interior and the force of the fire hoses that were placed onto them.

Ninth, I think the perp was enraged and wanted to show her so to speak, or perhaps...as it is a very small community where everyone knows everyone else, and her father worked for the Sheriff's Department perhaps she had said something to a deputy about someone...either accidentally or as a snitch...and this was a way of sub-consciously sending her a message of “keep your mouth shut.”

Tenth, I do not believe that this was a KKK/white supremacists revenge attack or something of that nature as has been alluded to in previous post. Having grown up in 1960's Mississippi, that State is quite different today and like elsewhere in our nation, most races get along. Not to say 100% that it could not have happened...but I do not believe that to be the case.

Finally, I do not believe she was a Meth user or using her vehicle to cook Meth as some have surmised. I believe her death was pre-planned and not a "spur of the moment" killing. I believe the person who killed her set out with a plan to lure her to pick him up and then at some point kill her.

Sex, money or revenge? Definitely a revenge killing, but revenge of what? That's what needs to be determined!

Either way, it is a tragedy and as a retired Marine and fellow Mississippian I hope they find this disgusting animal and prepare a special gurney for him at Parchmen (the Mississippi State Prison.)

I agree with pretty much all of this. I read a post on the Justice for Jessica Events website https://www.facebook.com/events/1514966278762848/ that said this was pre-planned. The post was from a gal that lives down the street from Jessica's Mom's house.

I wonder what proof, if any, has been provided to LE in regards to her purchases at the store.

I'm a bit out of my comfort zone here as I live in Australia. I've read this from the beginning of the first thread right up to this point and lots of thought provoking comments have been made. I just wanted to add one other possibility since everything is up in the air at the moment.

(modsnip)

A possible scenario: She goes to get gas as stated to her mother. When she alights from the car, a fellow gang member who she obviously knows, calls her over to his car and says they’re having a small party. Does she want to drop around for a few drinks. At the ‘party’ she may have been asked to drop someone home. Along the way there’s a struggle and she drives up the embankment or is forced off the road by a car following. From photos it appears as though there could be more than one set of car tracks. Does the vehicle come back down, he has sex with her while a second car is waiting for him? During the struggle she gashes her head and at some point she becomes unconscious, either by the head injury, being hit on head or in trying to escape. He tosses the phone battery, hoping that she doesn't regain consciousness and ring for help, drives the vehicle back up the embankment and sets it alight and then drives off with his friend/s who are waiting to pick him up. Depending on the timeframe, it's possible she was sexually assaulted by others as well. Regardless of how many she was attacked by, it was essential to destroy the car in the hope that DNA evidence would be destroyed as well. Of course it's equally possible that there was no sexual assault but for whatever reason a decision had been made to kill her.

I can accept that she may have ducked up the road to fill up the car while in her pyjamas, but find it very odd attire if she was going to the car wash at night. It’s also odd if she decided to call in at a party wearing PJs. You might do that if you were calling in to see a girlfriend, but a party? Perhaps she was just going to buy some food on the way home.

IMO the reason no-one is talking, as stated by others, is because the people in the town are terrified of this gang. If they weren’t before, they certainly would be now.

Everything is pure speculation at this point but hopefully the full autopsy results will reveal more. This is one of the most cold-blooded, callous, cruel and horrifying ways imaginable to kill someone. I read that her mother was with her when she died. That's going to be her lasting memory of her daughter. It's just tragic beyond belief that any parent has to live with a memory like that.

Attachments

• RIP Jessica.jpg
    RIP Jessica.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 296
Just wondering why the gas station/convenience store owner's name keeps changing? Something is really bothering me about that. And the gas station footage is also bothering me. It is edited. By whom? The owner of the gas station? Ok, backing away slowly from the DOmestic Violence angle. Something is up with the gas station. Jmo

At this link at 1:59 the time stamp is 6:26:11, and it plays through the 6:26:54 mark (which is the second striped shirt guy magically appears in prior footage) and beyond...so that leaves us with 6:26:00 to 6:26:11 missing. And, of course, this is the only angle I have seen for any of the "missing 54 seconds" of footage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUivKX1lueE

ETA: :tyou: to FindHG who posted this link originally, I had not seen the missing footage before that.

At this link at 1:59 the time stamp is 6:26:11, and it plays through the 6:26:54 mark (which is the second striped shirt guy magically appears in prior footage) and beyond...so that leaves us with 6:26:00 to 6:26:11 missing. And, of course, this is the only angle I have seen for any of the "missing 54 seconds" of footage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUivKX1lueE
briefed

You can catch some of it here with the striped guy at the counter and then walking out to the pump @ 2:35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK56BZ0A30c

I definitely don't think it was an accident or suicide because the battery from J.C. phone had been discovered tossed away. In my opinion that was so she could not phone for help.
The party is a curious thing too. Sounds like it was not the type of party held in someone's home for that particular age group as it would seem to early in the evening.

Jmo.

A thought about this supposed "party" - if by "party" what was meant was essentially a kegger in the woods, she might have dressed warmly for that, as opposed to dressing up. And, if she picked someone up on the way, that person could have been carrying a can of lighter fluid under the ruse that they were in charge of lighting a bonfire/campfire at the party.

Ninth, I think the perp was enraged and wanted to show her so to speak, or perhaps...as it is a very small community where everyone knows everyone else, and her father worked for the Sheriff's Department perhaps she had said something to a deputy about someone...either accidentally or as a snitch...and this was a way of sub-consciously sending her a message of &#8220;keep your mouth shut.&#8221;

Thank you for this, the time you took with thinking it all through and for pitching in with such a thorough, interesting and well considered first post. You make a lot of sense. Definitely, welcome as it helps to have your perspective. Hope you stick around and keep posting.

Just wondering why the gas station/convenience store owner's name keeps changing? Something is really bothering me about that. And the gas station footage is also bothering me. It is edited. By whom? The owner of the gas station? Ok, backing away slowly from the DOmestic Violence angle. Something is up with the gas station. Jmo
I'm glad you mentioned him. Something bothers me about some of his statements. Like him claiming that if something was bothering her,she would tell him. I frequent the same gas station and I cant imagine confiding in the guy who runs it. Is he part of her social circle?

So many unknowns here, by the looks of the back of the vehicle it looks like somneone rear ended her , perhaps to get her to pull over. The same flag in burnt car photos as the flags in front of the gas station. The gas station clerk posting photos of her car on social media not long after event was strange to me.

The manner of Jessica Chambers death is so gruesome that it had to be personal imo. But personal in what way is what I don't understand. The act of putting someone on fire seems like someone was terribly angry but for some reason it seems juvenile to me like out of control emotions. Imo it was preplanned but was it scorned ex-bf, or individual(s) that were involved in something that JC became privy to or was there a grudge against someone else but he/she/they took it out on JC as a "warning" or did someone assault her and wanted to hide evidence. idk but I hope LE does an extremely thorough investigation b/c there may be conspirators and other criminal activity. Rest in peace Jessica.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli