MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha, I have just been around some very loud Thunderbirds and Firebirds that have been modified and sound really loud. Mostly by adding different exhaust pipes. Also some that had upwards of 600 hp. It was most likely a big truck though IMO.

My Firechickens both had 400+HP, one over 500. I was a mechanic, for 14 years, OMG I had one job for that long?!? The 500 had cutouts, If I ran them open on the street I got stopped, it's just like running open headers. I could see someone doing that on a mudder, not on a street vehicle.

The only advice that I can offer Victory, is to be patient and pay very close attention. The answer to your question/s will be obvious in time...
Websleuthers have assisted in solving many crimes and missing persons cases over the years. Many times cases are solved due to the awareness created. The following is an example of a missing endangered female from Athens, GA that WS played a part in solving;

Family's perseverance, social networking led to recovery of missing Athens woman ...
http://onlineathens.com/local-news/...-networking-led-recovery-missing-athens-woman
Athens Banner‑Herald
Ivy Merck poses with her parents and brother after they found the missing UGA grad in Miami ... By Joe Johnson Monday, September 17, 2012
What a wonderful story! Thank you, Foxfire! I agree that WS does a great job assisting with cases. Personally, Im particularly impressed with their matches with the unidentified. I just meant that in Jessicas case, I wasnt sure where to go next as far as group sleuthing. Thanks for the advice from you and another poster to be patient and wait for the right time.

I don't believe it was a suicide, but I think all angles should be reviewed. But I don't think tge FBI, MBI and ATF would be there if suicide was on the table. They are definitely moving forward with this as a murder/arson. I know the FBI will not come in to investigate a suicide. Heck, the Texas Rangers volunteered their services as well.
Each of those entities offer expertise associated with different aspects of this case. The ATF investigate Arson so they are the pros for fires started with an accelerant. http://www.atf.gov/content/arson. The MBI are a given as support to the small department. They have a lot of ground to cover in this case, evidently. If Jessica told them who did this to her...this would be over, but they are having difficulty piecing it together. They have to rule out the rest.

broken muffler or catalytic conveter?

My guess is a mudder running open headers or a bike with straight pipes. I don't think your average passenger car even sans muffler is going to generate the type of loud this guy was trying to express. JMO

Each of those entities offer expertise associated with different aspects of this case. The ATF investigate Arson so they are the pros for fires started with an accelerant. http://www.atf.gov/content/arson. The MBI are a given as support to the small department. They have a lot of ground to cover in this case, evidently. If Jessica told them who did this to her...this would be over, but they are having difficulty piecing it together. They have to rule out the rest.

BBM. Even if she told them who did it, they have to collect evidence, place him/her/them at the scene of the crime or at least prove they could have been there, and establish motive. A dying declaration standing on it's own could be dismissed as hearsay. I think they're giving them enough rope to hang themselves.

If they "received word before they left", and if Chambers died at 2:37am, then it is logical to assume that they were still at the crime scene sometime around 2:30am. As to White...you are right. No one is saying that he was at the crime scene. The reference to White is that he is on the staff, and that it is a fair probability that his 28.5 years experience in fire investigation is a plus for the investigation.

The coroner said that there was some initial confusion at the Med about the time of death, and investigators received word before they left the crime scene that Chambers was dead.
BBM

I think this line is being misinterpreted. It seems to me that the confusion was that the investigators thought she passed before they left the scene, when in actuality she did not pass away until later on at 2:37AM. If we are to read it any other way, then what is the "confusion?" When I read it I immediately thought it proved they left before 2:37AM. It could explain how AA thought Jessica was dead already by 11PM.

ETA: Not trying to say I'm right and everyone else is wrong, just pointing out the grammatical make up of the sentence suggested a very different reading than what many others have posted about. Remove the ", and" to make it two separate sentences, then I would agree with you all. Could just be poor writing.

BBM

I think this line is being misinterpreted. It seems to me that the confusion was that the investigators thought she passed before they left the scene, when in actuality she did not pass away until later on at 2:37AM. If we are to read it any other way, then what is the "confusion?" When I read it I immediately thought it proved they left before 2:37AM. It could explain how AA thought Jessica was dead already by 11PM.

ETA: Not trying to say I'm right and everyone else is wrong, just pointing out the grammatical make up of the sentence suggested a very different reading than what many others have posted about. Remove the ", and" to make it two separate sentences, then I would agree with you all. Could just be poor writing.

BBM. This is exactly what I was thinking, AA's language was very clear and very certain. He thought Jessica had died at the scene.

If they "received word before they left", and if Chambers died at 2:37am, then it is logical to assume that they were still at the crime scene sometime around 2:30am. As to White...you are right. No one is saying that he was at the crime scene. The reference to White is that he is on the staff, and that it is a fair probability that his 28.5 years experience in fire investigation is a plus for the investigation.

I don't think they were at the crime scene at 2:30. Note the statement from the coroner: "...there was some initial confusion at the Med about the time of death, and investigators received word before they left the crime scene that Chambers was dead."

Remember AA's statement that LE showed up around 11 wanting to see the video? And they told him that Jessica was dead. Now let's assume that AA was telling the truth. I think the initial confusion regarding time of death was that somehow word went out that she was dead hours before she actually died. Perhaps her heart stopped and they restarted it, perhaps someone misunderstood a radio call - but one way or another I think that the sheriff thought she was dead by 11pm. Further - and this is pure speculation on my part - I think that the sheriff stopped at the gas station and spoke with AA as he was leaving the crime scene.

It might be possible to substantiate this - or at least narrow down the time frame. We know that the wrecker driver stopped at the station to buy cigarettes, and that AA was there and took pictures of the car. So what time does the station close, or is it open 24 hours? If they close, then we know the wrecker was there prior to that.

And on another point - I can understand AA being cleared, at least for the time being. Although it's possible he was in some way involved, I doubt very much that he torched the car - I would imagine he never left the station during the hours in question, and that could be verified by witnesses and video.

Edit: Just saw what SBHack posted - I wasn't caught up when I posted this, sorry!

Perhaps they are doing testing to see if she could have been pregnant as well; although I have not seen this mentioned anywhere, I can't help but think of the love triangle that Erin Corwin was mixed up in and my opinion is this was purposeful on her, not random, so it keeps leading me back to a possible hidden relationship/love triangle for several reasons. Tox screen would give her system at the time but sounds like they already have official cause of death. I speculate LE already knows who, why, when, and are merely waiting on forensics to tie it all together. I've picked out a few suspicions going down her friends list on FB and what we know of possible names and clues of names. I've got my guy picked out already, waiting to see if I am right or wrong!

If she was drunk or drugged, she could have been out of it or nearly so even before being hit over the head (assuming that to be true.)

I too like someone else has stated really wish they would release the 911 call or caller. I find it strikingly odd that this person was able to identify a "vehicle fire" from a mile away in the deep woods/rural road we are seeing. Then to top that off that they saw it from a mile away but never went anywhere close to it to check it out or make sure no one was hurt anywhere close to it? Doesn't add up...........

(BBM) Interestingly enough, that was the first thing I thought of when I went to the 'street view'. I also posted nearly the same thing, back a few pages. This is why I was wondering if the person who called it in was identified. I don't think it's a far stretch of the imagination at all to consider this person was standing in the woods as this all unfolded.

Do you recall several years ago an arsonist had recorded himself talking into the microphone as he video taped several houses that he had burned? Somehow he had dropped the camera or left it behind and police found the video.

Many things to consider here but I do believe that the location of the burn holds a big piece of the puzzle when it comes to opening the gate on the mind to whoever did this.

I too like someone else has stated really wish they would release the 911 call or caller. I find it strikingly odd that this person was able to identify a "vehicle fire" from a mile away in the deep woods/rural road we are seeing. Then to top that off that they saw it from a mile away but never went anywhere close to it to check it out or make sure no one was hurt anywhere close to it? Doesn't add up...........

Champion said investigators have talked to the person who called 911 and have cleared them from involvement in the crime.

Used dogs twice, pine tree damage, and more, from 12/11/14

The Panola County Sheriff told WREG a driver dialed 911 after passing Jessica on a rural road near Highway 51 on Saturday night around 8:00 p.m.

Screenshot 2014-12-18 at 3.38.17 AM.jpgScreenshot 2014-12-18 at 2.51.38 AM.jpgScreenshot 2014-12-18 at 2.51.49 AM.jpgScreenshot 2014-12-18 at 2.43.23 AM.jpgScreenshot 2014-12-18 at 2.51.00 AM.jpg from Sunday after it happened, linked above.

okay, thank you for the local info and more.

Lol. Guess I am anal-retentive too then. Im located near a river in Western PA. During the winter months, I pull mine away from my windshield. My brother told me years ago about them sticking to the windshield and I've done it ever since. :)

JMO, but I really do believe Jessica mentioned a name. First two people they questioned were Eric Bibbs and Derrick Turner if I am recalling correctly here. Unless they started with those two for other reasons?

well, here's to hoping we arent talking about this case a year+ from now like so many others... hopefully there is a lot more that we dont know and police are working on it.

i guess in a weird way the holly bobo case gives me hope

New poster here so bare with me. I just want to through my own "two cents" in on this case.

I totally would have thought this was just some bizarre accident, she could have gotten the gash on her head from hitting it on the steering wheel or dashboard, but then when I read the part about her phone and the battery being found outside of the car and dislodged (my galaxy 3 would take more than a car wreck to just break them apart) I had to change my mind.

I did the " life" when I was her age, I've had a gun pointed at my head and laughed at, I've also seen people killed for saying the wrong thing. They silenced her for a reason......she knew too much.

Someone having to do with that gas station knows more than they are telling and don't believe everything her parents are saying because teenagers lie about what's exactly going on in their lives, especially stuff like that.

New poster here so bare with me. I just want to through my own "two cents" in on this case.

I totally would have thought this was just some bizarre accident, she could have gotten the gash on her head from hitting it on the steering wheel or dashboard, but then when I read the part about her phone and the battery being found outside of the car and dislodged (my galaxy 3 would take more than a car wreck to just break them apart) I had to change my mind.

I did the " life" when I was her age, I've had a gun pointed at my head and laughed at, I've also seen people killed for saying the wrong thing. They silenced her for a reason......she knew too much.

Welcome!! Completely agree about the phone. I don't think the battery and phone were separated by accident. I'm glad you joined us!

Any other thoughts, moochopper? Have you been able to catch up on all of the posts? Good stuff in here. We have some great posters.

Can anyone tell me how Jessica's dad got a job working at the sheriffs department without doing a back ground check on him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member