MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll join for a minute as I've tried following but admit to being distracted by other matters. My impression is people know but nobody is talking, a common road block to arrest and prosecution. I suspect the agency's involved are dotting their i's and crossing their t's, even if someone is talking.

One statement from a DA has stuck with me, he said. "You only get one bite at the apple in court" If their case is weak they may blow a guilty verdict, I accept that.

In watching cases where polygraphs have been used it seems like everyone is cleared, cough. JMO

Logically thinking, I find great difficulty in believing that Jessica would have been able to converse with the dispatch in her then, current physical and mental state. Just based on anatomy alone, I'm sure her comments to the paramedics were in a whisper at best.

I wish I had a link, but I thought in the beginning that the media had reported that she did communicate to authorities - even giving a name. Later, I thought I read that LE wouldn't verify that information or what she said. I don't know what to believe even if it is reported by the MSM.

Cole Haley, the fire chief did an interview where he said she did speak to him, but wouldn't comment on what she said. Understandably

Here is what I think. This sounds like a revenge type crime. Jessica Chambers knew her attacker as she named that person after firefighters came. It could be anyone ranging from ex-boyfriend or someone who she had a falling out within the past few months. Probably more than one person did the crime, although it is possible only person did it.

There are too few confirmed facts for me to have a theory at this point.

I thought maybe some key portions of the autopsy report would get leaked shortly after it was finalized, but haven't seen anything to that effect.

If this was a murder, I don't think it was simply a gang-related hit to silence the victim. I think if someone(s) just wanted to shut Jessica up for whatever reason, they'd have kept it simpler and made sure that she was dead. I think they would have shot her or cut her throat or something of that nature. That's JMO.

I've been having a hard time following every comment in this thread hehe but I was thinking about the thing the clerk gave someone outside the gas station... Couldn't it be matches? I live in Canada and I don't know if things work the same as in the US, but here most of the time, gas stations offer their customers matches when they buy cigarettes. So, let's say someone has cigarettes but forgot his/her lighter, they can ask the clerk for matches. I thought of it because this case is fire-related. It's just an idea...

Hi everyone!

This is my first time posting here, although I've been a member a couple of months and have been a "lurker" long before that. No case has stuck with me quite like this one and Hannah Graham's. I could not help but follow Hannah's disappearance so closely and I am exactly the same way with this investigation... although this one is layered with so much frustration. People in this town know exactly what happened and I do think it was revenge and/or initiation. There is too much secrecy and too much activity on gang member's social media. Burning/toasting/barbecuing are constant threats and the anger in some of these members run VERY high -- it's more than apparent online. On top of that, you have a small town mentality. And even on top of that, you have actual danger as a threat for snitching. Their loyalty is number one priority or they could be next. I've spent the last few days just waiting for some good news that someone has gone to police with who was behind this, but still nothing. I do think it's only a matter of time before someone caves. I think a lot of people know how it went down. It might be weeks or months but someone is going to come forward. Someone will slip up, I just hope the LE in the area does the right thing and isn't in on covering it as well.

I've been having a hard time following every comment in this thread hehe but I was thinking about the thing the clerk gave someone outside the gas station... Couldn't it be matches? I live in Canada and I don't know if things work the same as in the US, but here most of the time, gas stations offer their customers matches when they buy cigarettes. So, let's say someone has cigarettes but forgot his/her lighter, they can ask the clerk for matches. I thought of it because this case is fire-related. It's just an idea...
They don't do that here. At least, I don't know of a station that does. FWIW

There are too few confirmed facts for me to have a theory at this point.

I thought maybe some key portions of the autopsy report would get leaked shortly after it was finalized, but haven't seen anything to that effect.

If this was a murder, I don't think it was simply a gang-related hit to silence the victim. I think if someone(s) just wanted to shut Jessica up for whatever reason, they'd have kept it simpler and made sure that she was dead. I think they would have shot her or cut her throat or something of that nature. That's JMO.

BBM. Results may have been leaked, who knows. One thing is for certain, if they were it's a really big deal. I can't imagine anyone inside being bold enough to do so now, the information would have to be procured.

I'm way past speculating the why, I'm completely in the who mode now.

Well, it's a good thing they've interviewed and cleared a fifth of the population, in 8 more weeks they can start on Batesville.

Hi everyone!

This is my first time posting here, although I've been a member a couple of months and have been a "lurker" long before that. No case has stuck with me quite like this one and Hannah Graham's. I could not help but follow Hannah's disappearance so closely and I am exactly the same way with this investigation... although this one is layered with so much frustration. People in this town know exactly what happened and I do think it was revenge and/or initiation. There is too much secrecy and too much activity on gang member's social media. Burning/toasting/barbecuing are constant threats and the anger in some of these members run VERY high -- it's more than apparent online. On top of that, you have a small town mentality. And even on top of that, you have actual danger as a threat for snitching. Their loyalty is number one priority or they could be next. I've spent the last few days just waiting for some good news that someone has gone to police with who was behind this, but still nothing. I do think it's only a matter of time before someone caves. I think a lot of people know how it went down. It might be weeks or months but someone is going to come forward. Someone will slip up, I just hope the LE in the area does the right thing and isn't in on covering it as well.

Its OK..we all make mistakes when new...
Again Welcome to WS

Hi everyone!

Welcome Roxy, retaliation seems like a pretty clear motive to me too.

:welcome:

Hi everyone!
This is my first time posting here, although I've been a member a couple of months and have been a "lurker" long before that. No case has stuck with me quite like this one and Hannah Graham's.
<snipped>

Its OK..we all make mistakes when new...
Again Welcome to WS
Aw,flatfootjoe you beat me. But,I got a bigger crowd than you. :wink:
:wagon: :fireworks::welcome6:

BBM. Results may have been leaked, who knows. One thing is for certain, if they were it's a really big deal. I can't imagine anyone inside being bold enough to do so now, the information would have to be procured.

I'm way past speculating the why now, I'm completely in the who mode now.

Well, it's a good thing they've interviewed and cleared a fifth of the population, in 8 more weeks they can start on Batesville.

I understand where you're coming from.

For me, without any confirmed autopsy details or knowledge of potential physical evidence gathered, getting to the "who" in order to get to the "why" is as difficult as getting the "why" to narrow down the potential "who"s.

I very much hope that Jessica was truly able to pass on a name(s) or other clue before she passed away. The fire chief says he spoke with her, but can't discuss details. Her dad says she gave first responders the name of her killer. Her mom says she was able to tell authorities "a few names". D.A. Champion says Jessica said something which was a helpful clue.

I do wonder what put Derrick Turner on LE's radar so quickly. As far as I know, he's the only one who was questioned while incarcerated. He says he knew Jessica from around and doesn't know why he was questioned regarding her death. He says investigators asked him if he was sleeping with her, but that he was too old to know her like that and that she carried herself like a good sweet girl. He may be telling the whole truth. So, why was he on the radar so quickly? Maybe Jessica did say, "Derrick" or "Eric" -- I'm still wondering why he was honed in on immediately as THE "Derrick" or "Eric" if that's the case.

IDK. It's just a terribly sad case and an awful way that Jessica died. I'm hoping those crime lab results prove valuable and, if this was a homicide, that an arrest(s) is forthcoming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen