MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This crime feels personal in a way that a gang dispute feels more businesslike if YKWIM. There seems to be a level of very personal retribution involved at least to my eye.

Right now I am hovering between

A) set ablaze in order to degrade, torture while destroying beauty (ie. very very personally motivated)

B) set ablaze after a terrible beating and or other type of assault with fire being used secondary in attempt to obscure evidence

Neither of which screams gang activity per se to me.

Thanks for sharing this clip - I think I'd seen it before via The Clarion-Ledger's website.

"[The] guys, they started extinguishing the fire, trying to preserve any evidence that might've been left behind...and I started tending to the victim, and she did speak with me, which - I can't disclose any of that information at this time, but...she, she did talk with me."

By no means does the fire chief claim to "know everything." At best he knows what he witnessed that night and anything else he may know about this case is just speculation on our part.

It would not be unreasonable to assume he made or written or oral statement on the record shortly thereafter for the investigation, and in an effort to preserve *that* evidence, he is not repeating or making known any details that would further compromise the investigation.

Right.....in an unsolved case rife with bizarre rumors, texts, & allegations (all not MSM), I feel it is important to remember those closest to the actual event timeline & focus on what we do know.

Moo

yes. follow this line of inquiry and this sort of solves the JC case.

I doubt that "suspicion of similarities" is hardly more than circumstantial gossip. For example, this May 4, 2012, Panolian article mentions that Antonio Cortez Glover allegedly kidnapped and murdered Tommy "Burnside" Moore in 2011. Moore's body was found not far from his torched Buick.

Shall we conclude that burning Jessica Chambers car is related to this crime also? I believe that I have seen several other instances of burning victims to hide a crime. It seems to be a common thread in drug- and gang-related crimes. Yet to draw the quick assumption that they are all related to one another, and then related to Jessica is a giant leap. The 'Chicken' case could be related to Chambers merely because Chicken lived on Carlisle Rd. But crime and criminals seem to be so abundant throughout Panola County that social media websites could have a field day with relating everything to Jessica.

Please do not try to convince me yet with the Charles Johnson interview of Bryan Rudd's comments on the subject of Chicken That entire interview could be nothing more than a disgusting attempt by Charles Johnson to throw garbage into an crime investigation just in order for Charles Johnson to make headlines for himself.

I believe this to be the case. Thus I am not interested in unsubstantiated, unapproved, unacceptable social media hoohaw.

I hope they find whoever did this to Jessica very fast.

If a person wanted to get away with murder, making everybody think it was part of a gang war would be a pretty good way to direct attention different directions. Speaking in general terms here, not trying to be cryptic or refer to anybody in particular.

I agree with you. I think it is wishful thinking to attribute this crime to a "gang" rather than confront the fact that a sociopath might reside next door.

Maybe not gang related, per se, but perhaps gang-member related? Not all actions of a member are per gang direction.

yes. follow this line of inquiry and this sort of solves the JC case.

Sure is starting to look like it...The chief investigator with the Batesville Police was and still is Paul Shivers. JMO

Still thinking that this, like most car fires in which people perish, is not a homicide.

I have a question for you sleuthers out there:

Assuming that DNA was left on JCs phone (or somewhere else) by a perp. Can DNA tell you which race, sex or approximate age the DNA came from, even if LE did not have the DNA of the perp on file ? What information can they get, if any from DNA other than correlating two samples together ?
I am in no way trying to turn this into a race thing (I am actually getting really annoyed by it), but it may help develop a POI.
Thanks guys.

Assuming that DNA was left on JCs phone (or somewhere else) by a perp. Can DNA tell you which race, sex or approximate age the DNA came from, even if LE did not have the DNA of the perp on file ? What information can they get, if any from DNA other than correlating two samples together ?
I am in no way trying to turn this into a race thing (I am actually getting really annoyed by it), but it may help develop a POI.
Thanks guys.

I think that it reveals all those things, but I'm no expert...Let's just hope that the re IS a DNA sample and that it has not been compromised by people touching her phone after it was found. It should have been put in an evidence bag. JMO

It's been mentioned many times that Jessica had stated she was interested in writing a book. Well, after reading many archived articles in The Panolian these past few weeks, I think there's plenty of info in there for an entire series of Mississippi mayhem. :lookingitup:

Still thinking that this, like most car fires in which people perish, is not a homicide.

I hear you. And that would probably be my thinking too except as the ex of a fire captain with many years on the job, I have had it hammered into me that the odds or a car exploding into flames after crashing into a tree/pole/other vehicle are actually quite a bit slimmer than TV and movies . Given the apparent damage or lack thereof to the vehicle (non fire damage I mean) I think this was more likely staged to appear to be a horrific tragic accidental death by auto accident.

Maybe not gang related, per se, but perhaps gang-member related? Not all actions of a member are per gang direction.

ITA, which is why the "white gang this" and "black gang that" are so distracting. An individual(s) killed Jessica. Whether they belong to a gang or not is secondary until the perp is caught.

Thanks guys.

I think that it has a lot to do with Trace DNA, and how to look for the proper markers, interpret them, and find possible match ups with existing national crime forensic databases.

Here is a good starting point for your research.

I believe that there are certain race-based, genetic markers but that is about all that I know.

I am clueless on scientific stuff.

It's been mentioned many times that Jessica had stated she was interested in writing a book. Well, after reading many archived articles in The Panolian these past few weeks, I think there's plenty of info in there for an entire series of Mississippi mayhem. :lookingitup:

YES! Or a long, historical portrait ala Mitchner. WOW. Who would have thought that a tiny little rural southern town could have a compelling story like this one! I have been entertaining myself for 4 weeks, just checking out names and histories and trying to put this puzzle together. JMO

Not to dispute that this was a deliberate act, but I had a car that caught fire when a simple rubber fitting became cracked in the engine and spewed gasoline on the hot manifold and the burn pattern was directly at the drivers seat and steering column. Thankfully my 11 month old and I had just gotten into the house when it exploded.

My point is that the passenger side and back seat were hardy scorched.

Obviously if this poor girl had something flammable poured down her throat or on her this is moot, but just putting the car fire theory out there.

I respect everyone's right to form their own opinion, but I could not disagree more.

I hear you. And that would probably be my thinking too except as the ex of a fire captain with many years on the job, I have had it hammered into me that the odds or a car exploding into flames after crashing into a tree/pole/other vehicle are actually quite a bit slimmer than TV and movies . Given the apparent damage or lack thereof to the vehicle (non fire damage I mean) I think this was more likely staged to appear to be a horrific tragic accidental death by auto accident.
True; I'm thinking more toward self-inflicted. On the first (second?) thread I posted more than a few links about suicides via car fires -- news links to cases from MSM from the last few years. More than I thought.

True; I'm thinking more toward self-inflicted. On the first (second?) thread I posted more than a few links about suicides via car fires -- news links to cases from MSM from the last few years. More than I thought.

If she had self-ingested the flammable liquid, the liquid would have been found with her. She also reportedly had some kind of head injury.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member