MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the increase to reward money, it tells me that LE doesn't have any conclusive trace evidence to tie a perp or perps to JC's death.

Unsettling to say the least! I just wonder if the perp(s) realize this, and know that they have a pretty good chance of avoiding arrest — if they can just keep quiet long enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly, I wholeheartedly agree.

Tonight, Thursday at 8 PM Eastern we welcome Jessica Chamber's mother Lisa to www.truecrimeradio.com

As difficult as it will be for Lisa to discuss this horrific tragedy she wants to come on and dispel the rumors swirling around this case.

Our CHAT ROOM opens at 7:30 PM tonight, Thursday.

For the first few minutes of the
show we'll hear from Beth Karas. Beth will quickly update us on the trial that never ends, the Jodi Arias re-sentencing trial.

Please pass the word along and join us every Thursday night 8 PM Eastern for True Crime Radio

This is awesome. I was going to invite her friend on Twitter, Heather, to join as a VI, but I think I will wait until after the program.

I have narrowed down the timeline on the murder suspect from OK who passed through the area and ditched the victim's car within 30 minutes of where Jessica's car was found.

He was seen on camera with the victim, James Fox, as he withdrew a large amount of money in Edmond, OK on Dec. 2nd. Friends claim he was last seen on Dec. 3rd. On Dec. 9th, LE was alerted to the victim's animals being neglected. On Dec. 15th, they were called out on a missing person report and found him in his home beaten to death. COD - Blunt force trauma. Lance Solomon, the murder suspect, fled to MS in the victim's white 1999 Cadillac Seville. He was at the Hazlehurst, MS Walmart on Dec. 11th and soon after his car was dumped along side I-55 north of Como, MS. It was found Dec. 24th, but a witness claimed the car sat for "a couple of weeks" in the same spot.

This could easily place him in and around the area as early as Dec. 3rd or 4th.

I will keep digging...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...65-of-Logan-County&highlight=James+Fox+Edmond

It could be a good cover up, indeed. But also, this could be where he/they got the idea from. Or perhaps it was used on Jessica because it was there and available at the moment the fight (or whatever happened before her death) happened..?

What if this so called party was at BB house? I wonder who he lives with? What if his intentions were good at the start but then something happened and the gas became a part of the crime?

Just thinking out loud.

With the increase to reward money, it tells me that LE doesn't have any conclusive trace evidence to tie a perp or perps to JC's death.

Unsettling to say the least! I just wonder if the perp(s) realize this, and know that they have a pretty good chance of avoiding arrest — if they can just keep quiet long enough?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You make a great point PTF! I was thinking the same thing. I'm all for upping the ante if it brings results & leads to the arrest of the fiend(s) who carried out this heinous crime. But yes, it is disconcerting on the other hand as why would the FBI increase the reward if LE had valuable leads and suspects within their radar. I hate to say it but I mentioned it in a post I wrote a long while back. What if the interviews of the cast of thousands came up empty? Maybe this is a random &/or stalker crime and the perp(s) are not from the area!! Perish the thought!

I have narrowed down the timeline on the murder suspect from OK who passed through the area and ditched the victim's car within 30 minutes of where Jessica's car was found.

He was seen on camera with the victim, James Fox, as he withdrew a large amount of money in Edmond, OK on Dec. 2nd. Friends claim he was last seen on Dec. 3rd. On Dec. 9th, LE was alerted to the victim's animals being neglected. On Dec. 15th, they were called out on a missing person report and found him in his home beaten to death. COD - Blunt force trauma. Lance Solomon, the murder suspect, fled to MS in the victim's white 1999 Cadillac Seville. He was at the Hazlehurst, MS Walmart on Dec. 11th and soon after his car was dumped along side I-55 north of Como, MS. It was found Dec. 24th, but a witness claimed the car sat for "a couple of weeks" in the same spot.

I will keep digging...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...65-of-Logan-County&highlight=James+Fox+Edmond

http://www.edmondsun.com/news/logan-county-prosecutors-charge-homicide-suspect/article_504d3534-9c2b-11e4-b843-732df6ae2c79.html

This article puts him in the Houston area on the 4th and 5th of Dec. where he met the other guy for sex at the motel. Its possible he make it to north MS. in 24 hours or so but it would be a stretch imo. I do like your sleuthing though.

I will keep digging...

Thanks for researching this case. We sure have to keep all doors open. This echoes my point that there is a possibility that the killer(s) may have come from somewhere else (another part of MS or out of state entirely).

http://wreg.com/2015/01/14/gas-station-worker-cleared-in-jessica-chambers-death-leaves-area/

Quote: A gas station worker, who District Attorney John Champion confirmed is not a suspect in Jessica Chambers’ death, has left the area for now.

Quote: Alsanai gave investigators surveillance video of Chambers when she visited the store in the hours before her murder.

Some people accused Alsanai of altering the video, or knowing the details of her death shortly after it happened.

Alsanai said he learned about what happened from investigators.

Great post. IMO, the only 'mountain' here, so to speak, is the mountain of evidence that was either mishandled, ignored, tainted, or otherwise ruined by LE. I recall waaaaaay back a previous thread, there was quite the discussion as to whether or not this was A) done intentionally by LE as a coverup, B) an unfortunately lengthy series of unintentional mistakes on the behalf of LE due to lack of experience, training, etc., or C) A joke. The complete disregard for crime scene investigation protocol and chain of evidence discretion alone are enough for any trained LEO to literally remove every officer involved until mandated continued education courses and interactive seminars have been completed. IIRC, it was said that LE's lack of professionalism and protocol that evening reflected either extreme corruption or extreme stupidity.

"Mishandled" in an attempt to try to save the victim's life? The volunteer firefighters started extinguishing the fire without knowledge there was a victim in or near the car. They had to change their tactics and focus quickly.

Imperfect evidence for a criminal case is worth that sacrifice, IMO.

What if this so called party was at BB house? I wonder who he lives with? What if his intentions were good at the start but then something happened and the gas became a part of the crime?

Just thinking out loud.

Possible. Perhaps the person didn't intend on killing Jessica, or didn't even want to do her harm in the first place. Something could've happened, things went down fast and they chose gas as a ''weapon'' or as a way to cover their prints or DNA.

This case is so confusing. We're going all over the place with theories and I think most of them could make sense. After looking at social media for a while, I thought I knew who'd did it. But how would it make sense that the people we suspected at first are the killers if LE hasn't arrested them yet? Plus, they increased the reward for information. Weird, weird, weird.

http://www.edmondsun.com/news/logan-county-prosecutors-charge-homicide-suspect/article_504d3534-9c2b-11e4-b843-732df6ae2c79.html

This article puts him in the Houston area on the 4th and 5th of Dec. where he met the other guy for sex at the motel. Its possible he make it to north MS. in 24 hours or so but it would be a stretch imo. I do like your sleuthing though.
It's only a 9 hour drive, so it's possible, even if he didn't leave Houston until early on the morning of the 6th.

JMO

Possible. Perhaps the person didn't intend on killing Jessica, or didn't even want to do her harm in the first place. Something could've happened, things went down fast and they chose gas as a ''weapon'' or as a way to cover their prints or DNA.

This case is so confusing. We're going all over the place with theories and I think most of them could make sense. After looking at social media for a while, I thought I knew who'd did it. But how would it make sense that the people we suspected at first are the killers if LE hasn't arrested them yet? Plus, they increased the reward for information. Weird, weird, weird.

JMO The "investigation" was launched 1) by the belief that Jessica spoke the name of her killer and 2) the gas station chatter which led to the cctv video etc, etc, etc. It made sense to check with the gas station because of accelerant having been used, and the tow truck being photographed there, but as afar as I know, it has never been confirmed that JC said anything. This doesn't mean that there is no evidence to be gleaned, only that whatever evidence they DO have apparently doesn't comport with their going theory. They needed to broaden their horizons, instead of expecting the "usual suspects" to wind up being the perpetrators. Maybe I am wrong, but I think they would have an idea by now just from reading SM of those who they suspect, that those people don't know who did it. All seem perplexed, and are finger-pointing each other out of their own personal disputes, none of which seem to have anything to do with Jessica. Dunno. JMO

It's only a 9 hour drive, so it's possible, even if he didn't leave Houston until early on the morning of the 6th.

JMO

Its definitely doable if he left before 10 or so on the 6th, hopefully they'll fill in some of the gaps in his timeline before too long.

I was in no way referring specifically to the fire department. The focus of my post in question was on LE. As discussed in many previous threads, in great detail, LE is in question, not the volunteer firefighters. They did their job, to a 'T', and did it to the best of their abilities and followed protocol exactly as it is, as well. Volunteer firefighters were not the ones in charge of investigating the crime scene. They were not in charge of evidence. This is where LE comes into play. Without rehashing all of the previous posts made by myself and many others, the mishandling of the crime scene by LE was a crime in itself, be it one of ill intentions, lack of training and experience, or one of ignorance. The integrity of evidence gathered was jeopardized (i.e. her car), evidence was ignored (i.e. bottles, parts of the car remained at the scene after it was 'cleared' by LE), and the entire crime scene 'investigation' was rushed, to say the very least, as in it's entirety it took under 2 hours. This is what I was referring to. IIRC, FFJ referred to thread 4 as being where the mishandling of the crime scene was discussed in detail. I am not at liberty to research that at the moment... but I do apologize if I was not clear in my stance that LE mishandled their 'investigation' from the beginning, not the volunteer firefighters. For the record, hat's off to them, as they did all that they could do, and they did it in the correct manner. MOO

"Mishandled" in an attempt to try to save the victim's life? The volunteer firefighters started extinguishing the fire without knowledge there was a victim in or near the car. They had to change their tactics and focus quickly.

JMO
Yes it sure is possible Bessie. I hope they are checking with LE in other jurisdictions (other parts of MS & surrounding states). Maybe there is a serial killer on the loose although I realize that serial killers often use the same MO for murder. However, there can always be deviation from the norm & at this point we can't exclude any possibility! Just MOO.

Of course not. Mishandled regarding the evidence once it was established (seemingly immediately) that this wasn't an accident and that someone else was involved.

Where I live, LE will take several hours to investigate a single car accident (rolling over, hitting a pole), more if it involves suspects fleeing from LE, suspected street racing, shooting, road rage.

Photographs are taken from every possible angle and that takes time. Did they have all that equipment at the scene - if not, now long did it take to get it there? The location of Jessica's homicide would be lit up like a Christmas tree at night and this wasn't in the wee hours. Since it was apparent to them from the beginning, how on earth does ANY crime scene investigation - let alone such a sadistic, heinous murder - get wrapped up in approx. 2.5 hours. Why not even wait until daybreak before towing the car and being able to see even more clearly the surroundings? You do what you can do in the meantime, secure the area for sure and leave men there, but what the heck? Smells pretty bad to a lot of us.

My opinions and yes, I watch a lot of tv, but don't judge me.

OT a little, but it has been mentioned here how many people from somewhere other than the South have the idea that southerners are all just a bunch of dumb country hicks. I'm from the South, live in the South, and would never want to live anywhere else. I've always wondered why, if we are so dumb, does our students almost always score above the national average on testing? Anyway, I don't attach too much intelligence to non-southerns who think a croaker sack is a sack to collect dead frogs in. Just kidding. If you're southern, you probably know what a croaker sack is.

I don't know who said that. I do not think southern people are stupid. As always MOO

I think JC was in a double bind. On one hand, some people in her family engaged in dangerous activities. on the other, she learned to be extremely trusting and naive and vulnerable/open in the face of people who put her at risk, so we've heard, and to see the best in people. she did not learn to protect herself it seems. those "anger problems" were possibly the fight or flight reaction one has in dangerous situations when one does not have other skills to protect one's self or to get away. she did not seem to have safe boundaries. not that this lead to what happened to her, but I don't think she had the savvy to know when to get away from bad situations or bad people. I think she probably put other people first and did what they wanted from her instead of protecting herself. Just an observation about family dynamics in general, and the effects on the victims of dysfunctional or abusive dynamics/families and personality disorders which may or not be in play in her family.

I think it's amazing that she could be naive and trusting at all. I don't know all the facts other posters know regarding her life and what's on facebook or other sites. But I've had to live with my mom before when I was young and it was tough. We did not get along at all. What if she bought that extra gas and was planning on leaving home that night? Moving in with a friend or something? The 20 min. call from or to her mom kinda signifies the tension. But I'm sure LE would have discovered that already. Just wondered if anyone else ever thought she might have been planning on moving to another place? MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabrinalyyn