MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one outside of LE knows what evidence they have or don't have, and the time investment needed at the crime scene is almost always based on what's actually there to be recovered.
I don't see how anyone can jump to the conclusion that any evidence has been mishandled, and that the whole case has been botched based on what has been gleaned from the media. Outside of LE....no one really knows anything.

I believe that most of that kind of thinking comes from prejudice about the region in which this crime occurred. Don't assume that the investigators have had no training or aren't that smart just because they work in rural Mississippi. All the references about country music and good ol' boys.....really not accurate. The actual problem is the same all over the US....a rise in crime and cuts in funding due to the lingering recession. That means less resources for LE and investigators who are stretched too thin,especially in poor rural communities.

BBM

To find a common ground in which to begin this reply, I will start by saying that I agree, no one outside of LE (should) know what evidence they have or don't have. I am increasingly confident in this now that the FBI, MBI, ATF, DEA are involved. It just produces more of an aire of professionalism, IMO.

As far as anyone (I can only speak for myself here) 'jumping to the conclusion that any evidence was mishandled', that is certainly not the case here, EllaMae (O/T-my niece's name, btw). My conclusion that evidence was mishandled came after over a week of watching this case, following it online, scouring the internet for news articles, pictures, videos, and legitimate information. What I found was the fastest CSI on a murder investigation, possibly ever, an obvious break in protocol regarding the simplest of principles of an investigation-securing a crime scene, chain of evidence, confidentiality. I saw a crime scene that was secured over 70 hours AFTER the crime occurred, I saw evidence photographed at the scene of the crime after police had came and gone, I saw a news station get their hands (literally) on CCTV footage prior to LE, and I have seen sensitive information pertaining to the investigation be leaked on social media by people other than LE.

This is how my decision making process works: I take in all related information, weigh what facts are presented, and use my brain to decide how I feel or what my opinion is or where I stand. I am an educated adult with a multicultural family and I can say with every bit of confidence within me that I have never made a prejudice comment, decision, or assumption. To be blunt, this is the first insinuation of prejudice I have encountered in life-forgive me if I do not know how to properly react. The problem here, IMO, has nothing to do with resources. The problem here is a shoddy at-best investigation of a crime scene, that Federal Agencies are now tasked with cleaning up, and to put to gather the pieces. Anywhere in the US, if an investigation would have been conducted in this manner, I would have torn it to pieces. Black or white, rich or poor, city or rural community. This is a murder investigation. It should have been respected as such. To accuse people on an internet thread focused on finding justice for a murder victim of being prejudiced as a result of their opinion on how a crime scene was handled says more about yourself than it does those you are pointing your finger at. :rant:

What evidence do people here believe could have been inside or outside of the burned out shell of her car that would be tossed out of court due to them not securing it or breaking chain of custody?

I would assume LE took samples inside and outside the car before they moved it to send to the lab to determine if an accelerant was used and which kind so no compromise there. Photos taken at the scene would document the condition of the vehicle and the position of the various objects inside the car and avoids the problem of chain of custody. What else is there to protect for trial?

Nothing. The Prosecutor said the car was processed at the scene. He also has said the phone records are valuable evidence and they were also issuing subpoenas. But evidently, he is too much of a country bumpkin to be believed by some. I believe he knows what he is doing.

JMO

Thread is now closed.

Here is THREAD NUMBER 9

I have copied over a few of last posts from this thread as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc