MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to help, am so very sorry it wasn't better news. Dang...

The article accompanying the video was interesting especially this part:

The critics online may be vocal, but you won't find any in Panola County.

“I think they are doing their job," Chambers' cousin, Windy Melton, said, "These wannabe detectives [online] need to leave it alone and let the real people do their jobs and find justice for Jessica.”

Even the people most anxious to find the killer, like Jessica Chambers' father, Ben, have expressed no fault with the investigation.

“The sheriff texted me the other day and said, 'Ben, I'll never give up on it,'” he said.

http://m.wmctv.com/wmctv/db/330834/content/z5QH6NVo

Thank you for the link.

Investigators 'not getting anywhere' in Jessica Chambers case
On Feb 01, 15, updated @ 11:40 pm, toward the end of the broadcast,
Janice Broach reports that the DA

"John Champion did say specific details of what investigators know likely will be released if they don't find a break in this case soon."

Please have at it, Champion. Maybe sharing some of those details will help (I recall there being an admittance that investigators were able to fill in a bit more of Jessica's timeline that evening) - like where else she may have been, specifically, around town that night.

I haven't given up that this is impossible to solve, even without knowing all that LE knows - and I am glad to hear they've promised Mr. Chambers that they're sure not giving up, either.

I noticed that no mention was made of Jessica's autopsy or any possible DNA/physical analysis in this update; I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that not all of it has been processed with results yet at this point, but it would be nice to have an update as to whether that is actually the case.

It is painful to watch and listen to both Jessica's mom + dad in that video...it really hurts to see them so upset, and it's not fair that this happened and for them not to have better answers or closure. :-(

“I think they are doing their job," Chambers' cousin, Windy Melton, said, "These wannabe detectives [online] need to leave it alone and let the real people do their jobs and find justice for Jessica.”

Even the people most anxious to find the killer, like Jessica Chambers' father, Ben, have expressed no fault with the investigation.

“The sheriff texted me the other day and said, 'Ben, I'll never give up on it,'” he said.

Dumb question. Why would he need to text Ben? Don't they work at the same location?
He'll never give up on it. jmo- he'll never give up on her! Jessica!

Maybe its me but I just don't get it.
This is not some elaborate "hit" from the mafia or something that was planned and thought out for months by some sicko.
This was a spur of the moment "rage" killing. Possibly revenge , gang or hate motivated.Yet not enough clues or suspects to make an arrest? Personally I'm beggining to wonder if LE in fact know exactly who did it and are afraid to arrest them.
Gangs, corruption, racial overtones, blotched crime scene analysis, leaked crime scene photos of the car.
I think this is way deeper than anyone can fathom at this point.
MOO.

I just hope that FBI and ATF are on this...I have no faith in the local and State "Authorities" to aggressively pursue this. JMO

Maybe its me but I just don't get it.
This is not some elaborate "hit" from the mafia or something that was planned and thought out for months by some sicko.
This was a spur of the moment "rage" killing. Possibly revenge , gang or hate motivated.Yet not enough clues or suspects to make an arrest? Personally I'm beggining to wonder if LE in fact know exactly who did it and are afraid to arrest them.
Gangs, corruption, racial overtones, blotched crime scene analysis, leaked crime scene photos of the car.
I think this is way deeper than anyone can fathom at this point.
MOO.

My thoughts exactly! A town so small,makes no sense? ... The whole thing is getting more creepy and unbelievable in my humble opinion..
Dee

Thank you for the link.

Investigators 'not getting anywhere' in Jessica Chambers case
On Feb 01, 15, updated @ 11:40 pm, toward the end of the broadcast,
Janice Broach reports that the DA

"John Champion did say specific details of what investigators know likely will be released if they don't find a break in this case soon."
It is time for the FBI to stop assisting in this investigation, and take the lead instead. I think it may be best to even remove PCSO and DA Champion from it altogether. JMO.

Some people criticize how the crime scene was handled, claiming investigators unsecured it too soon. Champion responded saying investigators were there all night and throughout the next day.

“I don't have any concerns whatsoever about the way the crime scene was handled," he said.

There is also criticism over the handling of a key piece of evidence: the burned out car.

Champion admits that instead of taking the vehicle straight to impound, the driver stopped at a gas station to buy something. In fact, he stopped at the very gas station where Chambers' last moments alive were caught on camera.

Nonetheless, Champion says the stop didn't compromise any evidence.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...ng-anywhere-in-jessica-chambers-investigation

Some people criticize how the crime scene was handled, claiming investigators unsecured it too soon. Champion responded saying investigators were there all night and throughout the next day.

“I don't have any concerns whatsoever about the way the crime scene was handled," he said.

There is also criticism over the handling of a key piece of evidence: the burned out car.

Champion admits that instead of taking the vehicle straight to impound, the driver stopped at a gas station to buy something. In fact, he stopped at the very gas station where Chambers' last moments alive were caught on camera.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...ng-anywhere-in-jessica-chambers-investigation

Ever since reading the CNN article on DA Champion's approach to the Johnny Lee Butts murder, I have felt that Champion was out-of-his-league when it comes to investigation. Prosecution is another matter, I suppose, because he did obtain a a plea bargained conviction.

Now that he is basically stepping aside -- and even suggesting that Internet sleuths may soon see unseen evidence -- I believe that it is time for his constituents to take notice of his term of office.

In the ensuing weeks, DA Champion might find the handling of the investigation into the murder of Odin Lloyd [ie The Aaron Hernandez Murder Trial] a good example of securing and investigating a crime scene by competent professionals, and then protecting a chain of evidence which eventually leads to a decent prosecution.

And he said any evidence in the car would have been destroyed in the fire. I just don't believe that.

ETA - the spiral portion of a spiral notebook might have survived, for eg. Or the metal parts of any other belongings in the car. This is all potential evidence IMO.

And he said any evidence in the car would have been destroyed in the fire. I just don't believe that.

ETA - the spiral portion of a spiral notebook might have survived, for eg. Or the metal parts of any other belongings in the car. This is all potential evidence IMO.

I wonder what happened to Jessica's flip-flops? If the bottoms of her feet were unburned, that leads me to believe that the flip-flops were unburned.

Maybe it's time to start looking into some of the theories and clues from these "wannabe detectives".

Seems LE has hit the wall IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Sorry for any typos!

I mentioned (and linked) waaay up above the classic car fire death in England in 1931 which i) may have been a murder, an accident, or a suicide, and ii) will stay forever unsolved; in some ways, particularly with the DA's recent admission of cluelessness, it's a historical template for the current case. Here's a more thorough article about it.

Northumberland Moors murder mystery of Evelyn Foster’s death

I have been thinking about Jessica going to a party, and from what I have read, she was really particular about how she looked. Given that, I don't believe she would go to a party in her pajama bottoms and her hair sloppily put up. I have posted this before, but I believe AA is the key to finding out what happened to JC.

Has it been stated publicly who saw her at this party?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlove