MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 ; Quinton Tellis Indicted - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RBBM

JMO

Vice Lords

These gangs are deeply embedded in this community. No one else wants to suffer retribution, and in a small town, people talk a lot, and if someone was seen talking to LE, they would have been a target.

:moo:

We see a lot of that in NOLA where the one who is murdered was involved with a recent gang/drug-related murder. It's just hard to believe that no one in Courtland or nearby could have provided evidence to link this monster to Jessica's murder before he killed another young woman.

I'd love to know if there are any unsolved murders or disappearances of young women during the time between Jessica's and Meing-Chen Hsiao's (age 34) in August 2015 anywhere between Batesville, MS and Monroe, LA. Thank God he can't hurt anyone else now.

RBBM

JMO

Vice Lords

These gangs are deeply embedded in this community. No one else wants to suffer retribution, and in a small town, people talk a lot, and if someone was seen talking to LE, they would have been a target.

And copying my own quote......let me clarify my thoughts on this guy as a Vice Lord.

I believe LE when they say that this was not "gang related." The fact that he was a member of this group of Vice Lords, IMO, indicates, to me, that he probably prided himself on a reputation of being violent and volatile. Stroked his own ego, if you will. Although I don't think of him as a serial killer, I think he is a complete psychopath, and would have killed others.....just because he could....not so much as a compulsion, but as a...."giving the finger" to society/LE, and a complete disregard for others. A very dangerous man, indeed, who should never see the light of day again, IMO....

ALL JMO

After seeing his FB I can only say.... dafuq. Why would anyone associate with this . Wait. Addiction. Powerful, powerful thing.

After seeing his FB I can only say.... dafuq. Why would anyone associate with this . Wait. Addiction. Powerful, powerful thing.

Ditto. And why would a 27 year old have any need to associate with a 19 year old? If he did have gang affiliations and prior arrests that were drug/gang related, then the gang members would have been his protection and the reason so many in Panola were afraid to talk, even with the reward so high. And if that's the case, his associates might be looking at charges for harboring a criminal and obstruction of justice. Let's see who does or doesn't start talking in Panola now.

Are they saying what the evidence is or will we have to wait until after the trial?
No, Alchemist. And there won't even be a trial until Louisiana is done with him. Could be awhile.

Just jumping in here... glad to see Jessica finally get some justice.
For those who knew or suspected Tellis and said nothing to save your own skin--- (____-insert your choice of words)
Hard to believe absolutely no one else had a clue.
Sorry if this is too much ranting.

No, she had to know his name -- they were from the same small town, Courtland, MS, population less than 500. They grew up in the same neighborhood and went to the same high school, although he is a few years older.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...t-made-jessica-chambers-murder-case/80825562/

Not necessarily, did she have to know his name...from creeping all these characters Facebook pages it is quite apparent that they all have several aliases and nicknames ...there's Eric's, KeErics, DeErics....just really strange ..limits of them go by more than one name.
Also , my son went to school with several kids who later in life, or at graduation he was surprised to learn their given name as they never used that and used an entirely different name or nickname..l
JMO

Are they saying what the evidence is or will we have to wait until after the trial?

Unfortunately No sunshine laws in Mississippi...we have to wait until trial , which could be a good while ...
The scum who murdered my 13 year old niece was charged and tried for a previous cold case while serving time in Angola for Kaitlin's murder....that took well over a year and half and he was already safely tucked away in Angola and didn't have to finish another trial first...so, I'm with Bessie...could be a good while ...

Finally! I thought we would never see this day come, let's hope they have all their i's dotted and t's crossed .

How did this guy escape no one mentioning him as being in a relationship with Jessica? Such a small town and everyone knows everybody's business.

Well Fire Cnief, his name does not sound anything like "Eric". Where did you come up with that?

Finally! I thought we would never see this day come, let's hope they have all their i's dotted and t's crossed .

How did this guy escape no one mentioning him as being in a relationship with Jessica? Such a small town and everyone knows everybody's business.

Well Fire Cnief, his name does not sound anything like "Eric". Where did you come up with that?

He could have very well known and was trying to throw them off track.
All those that were questioned and lied about knowledge during interviews
should see some jail time as well. I don't think this is over just yet.

I notice he also had a break up back in 2013.......I don't know if break up is the right term, it sounds like she up and left him. It appears he took it pretty hard, seeing how vocal he was and whining about it for quite awhile. Not really what you would expect from a "gangster".

This may be an indicator of where some of his rage came from when he had problems with women. Obviously, the woman that left him back in 2013 escaped with her life, where as other women who may have tried to break things off with him may not have.

The woman he married is the same one he was with in 2013 and the same one he was with when Jessica was murdered. Whom, by the way, has suddenly disappeared from FB since yesterday.

Classito

"The sheriff said deputies are on the lookout for two men they believe Jessica may have been with on Saturday night"
http://wreg.com/2014/12/07/father-speaks-out-after-daughter-set-on-fire-and-killed/

"I believe it’s going to be who we thought it was from the front. I really believe it," Chambers said, adding that he thinks it's going to come down to a situation where Jessica "beat" someone over $500.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/08/19/jessica-chambers-father-were-near-end/32024837/

Friends said that the family can't think of anyone that might have wanted to hurt Jessica, who didn't have a boyfriend and was not known to have been seeing anyone.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-killer-climbed-inside-car-setting-fire.html

"We don't know who it was," D.A. John Champion said.
“We're still not getting anywhere with it,” Champion said. “As far as who did it, that is the big question.”
For the first time, investigators say they have no suspects of any kind.
http://www.wave3.com/story/27997716...ng-anywhere-in-jessica-chambers-investigation

"She was there a short period of time. When she left we know she went to a residence in Courtland. She arrived a little before 6:00 and left at 6:00."

Next, she went to Batesville. "Around 6:30 we know she was back in Courtland," Champion says
http://www.localmemphis.com/news/local-news/jessica-chambers-murder-timeline-gap

'We just don't know where she was between 6.30pm and 7.30pm,' Mr Champion said yesterday.

After she was seen on cameral buying gas, Miss Chambers visited a home in Courtland, then drove the 10 minutes to nearby Batesville, where another video camera spotted her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...imeline-holds-key-solving-horrific-crime.html

Some questions I wonder about.

How did two men become one

Was the suspect spotted in the car with her in the 2 videos after the M&M stop

Gas must of been purchased at some point. Most gas stations have video cameras. Is there a video of the suspect purchasing the amount of gas it took to burn her car.

Classito

Waiting for hard evidence. LE said over and over again that they did not know JC's whereabouts for the MISSING hour, but she was supposedly speaking with her mother for part of that time? And now they know, all of a sudden that QT was with her???? This is all very murky. I don't doubt that this is a bad dude, but after all these months of sifting through SM accounts and flying accusations, I for one, do not recall his name being brought up, EVER. I'm dying to see REAL evidence. If he was communicating with JC, that would have been known almost immediately by investigators and he would have been one of the first people to be interrogated. JMO

Waiting for hard evidence. LE said over and over again that they did not know JC's whereabouts for the MISSING hour, but she was supposedly speaking with her mother for part of that time? And now they know, all of a sudden that QT was with her???? This is all very murky. I don't doubt that this is a bad dude, but after all these months of sifting through SM accounts and flying accusations, I for one, do not recall his name being brought up, EVER. I'm dying to see REAL evidence. If he was communicating with JC, that would have been known almost immediately by investigators and he would have been one of the first people to be interrogated. JMO

Yes, I have to wonder if they really knew this all along and all their "quotes" were not to let on that they really knew this guy was the one with her. If so, they did a really good job and their strategy apparently worked. If not, they've been running around in circles for over a year and now some evidence has come up through this case in LA and they are going to look like idiots.

So, who was the "mutual friend" who introduced Jessica to Q? I have had the impression that everyone either knew just about everyone, or knew OF them. Also, the indictment indicates that JC died as a result of the commission of an arson. So, what was the purpose of the arson....if not specifically to kill JC? What sort of vehicle did he drive....or was Jessica's car loaded up with gas cans? Was Jessica ever seen with him, ever? I don't remember when she finally got her car back from her father....maybe just a few weeks before her murder, but her mother said that she never really went anywhere other than work and visiting her grandmother and Sha-Sha. So, where did she secretly meet up with her "boyfriend" as has been described? Indictments are prosecutorial tools.....so, I am not convicting this guy until the evidence is convincing. JMO

And how did he just disappear into thin air after the fire? Did he have a vehicle nearby, hide in the woods, walk home? Lots of unanswered questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member