MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #3 *MISTRIAL*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I heard on livestream at the Wild About Trial website, beginning at time stamp (00:04:08) of (01:46:18) on the following link. The red slide bar across the bottom of the frame can be used to change the time of the playback, along with the Pause/Play button, or simply clicking the video screen to toggle play on/off:

livestream courtesy of Wild About Trial

This is right after the (erroneous) “Not Guilty” verdict had been read by the Bailiff. It was before the jury was returned to the jury room to deliberate further until either reaching a unanimous decision of either Guilty or Not Guilty, or until it was concluded a unanimous decision could not be reached:

1. Ms. G – Not Guilty
2. Ms. B – Guilty
3. Mr. J – Guilty
4. Mr. C – Guilty
5. Mr. M – Guilty
6. Ms. B – Guilty
7. Ms. M – Not Guilty
8. Ms. M – Guilty
9. Mr. M – Not Guilty
10. Mr. L – Guilty
11. Mr. J – Not Guilty
12. Ms. F – Not Guilty

NOTE: These names and even the votes could be entirely incorrect or mis-spelled because it was difficult to hear everything clearly. So please listen to the recording for yourself. What was very clear to me was that the jury was not unanimous, despite the erroneous “Not Guilty” verdict that was read. Good thing the prosecution ask for the jury to be polled.

Regards,
Clouseau

Wow what if she was saying wreck! The crime scene and investigation of it is where I couldn't get passed. After reading many insurance sites and looking at photos from time. The car was in that spot oddly. Car had much damage just looking at on tow truck and drag marks. Just my honest opinion

I hope if there is a retrial that prosecutors will ask the first responders if it's possible she said 'car wreck' or 'wreck' and not 'Erick'.

So disappointed with this mistrial. IMO I don't doubt some jurors were hung up on the whole JC said Eric or Derek. I can't believe the judge declared it a mistrial only after minimal hours of deliberations. There are deliberations which have ran for numerous days. I suspect there were a couple jurors on each side who indicated they stand firm on their decision refusing to be swayed to the other side.

IMO better to have a mistrial than see a guilty murderer walk free. Here's hoping with the retrial the prosecution will work harder on raising strong doubt in the jurors minds, about what many attending to JC assumed she said that night. This issue has been a hang up here on JC's forum, so no doubt it was a hang up for the jurors also. ALL MOO.

If I was a volunteer first responder with no experience or training with this type of extreme scene and medical state, and young, I would be feeling terribly guilty for possibly throwing this case off course. Youth and inexperience breeds overconfidence, and that may have been the proximate cause of the failure to obtain a verdict. MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope if there is a retrial that prosecutors will ask the first responders if it's possible she said 'car wreck' or 'wreck' and not 'Erick'.
If she said "a wreck" that would make perfect sense. Would sound just like "Eric." So, her mindset in answering the 1st responders may have been, "No one did this to me. It was a wreck." That may explain why she couldn't come up with a last name. JMO

If she said "a wreck" that would make perfect sense. Would sound just like "Eric." So, her mindset in answering the 1st responders may have been, "No one did this to me. It was a wreck." That may explain why she couldn't come up with a last name. JMO

FYI, the wreck theory has been bounced around ad nauseam in prior threads. If you’re interested in that theory, keyword searches could help you find discussions really interesting to you. For me, this idea has been soundly explained away. MOO

IMO someone needs to pass this along to the state before the retrial. It really does make perfect sense. In closing the prosecutor can ask them to say 'a wreck' while they're deliberating.

So disappointed with this mistrial. IMO I don't doubt some jurors were hung up on the whole JC said Eric or Derek. I can't believe the judge declared it a mistrial only after minimal hours of deliberations. There are deliberations which have ran for numerous days. I suspect there were a couple jurors on each side who indicated they stand firm on their decision refusing to be swayed to the other side.

IMO better to have a mistrial than see a guilty murderer walk free. Here's hoping with the retrial the prosecution will work harder on raising strong doubt in the jurors minds, about what many attending to JC assumed she said that night. This issue has been a hang up here on JC's forum, so no doubt it was a hang up for the jurors also. ALL MOO.
I was expecting deliberations to go more than a day unless the jurors reached a unanimous decision. I was surprised a mistrial was declared so soon. I just finished catching up on the trial early this morning, then got on my computer right after work (½ day) to see if a a verdict had been reached before getting anything to eat. I thought it was safe to get lunch around 3:00. Should have known better to eat or sleep while a trial is going on. :facepalm:

I would love to know what Eric... I mean Quenton Tellis' Mama feels about all of this. Lot's of folks in LE and on the jury concluded he did some bad things. He even admitted to some of them.

JMO,
Clouseau

FYI, the wreck theory has been bounced around ad nauseam in prior threads. If you’re interested in that theory, keyword searches could help you find discussions really interesting to you. For me, this idea has been soundly explained away. MOO

Do you mean the theory of a wreck causing the fire or just the theory Jessica could've been saying 'wreck'? IMO if she was forced into unconsciousness in one place and woke up on fire somewhere else, she likely could've thought a wreck had caused the fire. I don't think a wreck caused the fire but I do think Jessica might have.

So sad for Jessica's family. I hope he pleads out and her family does not have to go through this again. I am bowing out of this thread and encourage others to read previous posts before jumping in. It is often insightful and answers a lot of questions.

I don't think he would plea out now. Not knowing that almost an even split jury. J.m.h.o

Yes, they did. My understanding is the keys were found 1/8 of a mile from the car.

The area JC's keys were found was on a pathway QT would have walked from the scene of the crime to his sister's house where he then used her vehicle that night.

What was the racial makeup of the jury again? Nevermind...I found it. 6 white and 6 black.

Do you mean the theory of a wreck causing the fire or just the theory Jessica could've been saying 'wreck'? IMO if she was forced into unconsciousness in one place and woke up on fire somewhere else, she likely could've thought a wreck had caused the fire. I don't think a wreck caused the fire but I do think Jessica might have.

Sorry and thanks. I misunderstood you. I don’t recall any exhaustive prior discussion on a theory that JC personally thought she had been in a wreck while in fact not having been in a wreck. Thanks for your patience.

I agree that she very well might have thought she had been in a wreck, not truly knowing what had happened to her.

I just hope that eventually whoever did this is convicted fairly and conclusively. No matter what the cost or length of time involved, such an evil crime has GOT to be resolved and justice meted out. Having read a bit more around this it seems possible that maybe this was some sort of dreadful punishment to do with drugs?, not just a personal act of hatred, although that would be bad enough. Hoping that someone may come forward with more evidence to help strengthen this case.

This is exactly the result that I predicted, though I take no joy in the result. Having said that, I have watched and followed trials for many years, and I have never seen anything like what went down today. There is a joke I am sure you have all heard, that goes something like "who wants to be judged by 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty". I had always taken offense to that joke, because I felt it is a person's civic duty to perform jury duty when asked, just as I feel it is every eligible person's civic duty to vote in elections, no matter what side of the aisle they sit on. But after today, I no longer think it is every citizen's civic duty to perform jury duty. How can a jury that does not understand basic instructions that most 12-year-olds could understand ever be expected to understand cell phone data, forensic evidence, and the like? I will just leave that there. As to a retrial, I honestly feel like any prosecution that does not offer a BELIEVABLE explanation for so many early responders statements that she said "Eric did it" is going to face a similar outcome. It is apparent that many people feel there may have been an Eric involved. Perhaps LE needs to take yet another look at one In particular. I do hope that Jessica gets justice one day, and I hope this animal stays behind bars for life, and pray that the La trial has a better outcome than this one, Finally, I pray for the good people living in that town that seems to be still in the grips of gangs and drugs. JMO

Thing about that is they made statements and testified in this trial. Pretty sure those could be used to impeach if changed. Too many said same is the issue j.m.o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper