MS - Jessica Chambers,19, Panola County, Dec 2014**Media Thread***NO DISCUSSION**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jessica Chambers' father to her killer: 'They're coming for you.'

"To the person that done this: They're coming for you. They're working day and night, day and night, away from their own families," Ben Chambers said.

Jessica Chambers' father said when the person who killed his little girl is found, he hopes they put them in solitary confinement, and he made a vow.

"Because I promise as long as I have breath in me I can talk to people and make sure they're not comfortable in there," Ben Chambers said

Woman arrested for Jessica Chambers fraud

UNION COUNTY, Miss. — A Union County, Mississippi woman has been arrested for allegedly trying to make money of the death of Jessica Chambers.

Janet Posey, 39, of Blue Springs, was arrested by investigators with the Mississippi Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Division.

read more .............. http://wreg.com/2014/12/18/woman-arrested-for-jessica-chambers-fraud/

#JusticeForJessica reward fund grows, lab results expected next week
Posted: Dec 19, 2014 5:02 PM CST Updated: Dec 19, 2014 6:38 PM CST
By Michael Clark

[...]

"We're probably approaching about 100 people that have been talked to in a case. When a name comes up, during the course of an investigation a team is sent out to interview them to see what they know," Champion said.

George Mister and Rachael Tutor say they're the latest to be questioned in Jessica Chambers murder.

"They kept us up there for like 6,7,8 hours, said Mister. "I took a lie detector test, I took a swab test."

Investigators wouldn't confirm the pair was questioned, but a jail log shows Mister's name on the date in question.

"They questioned me about a text message that I sent Jessica, two days before, and I guess that was why they may have thought something, I don't know," said Tutor.

Subpoenas, lab results in Jessica Chambers murder case may provide more clues Michael Clark's one on one with DA Champion on Dec 29, 2014 10:46 pm est
WATCH: Gas station surveillance video from Panola County posted by WMCActionNews5.com Staff on Dec 30, '14 12:07 am est

Jessica Chambers murder: agencies search for suspects Therese Apel, writes, 4:51 pm cst Dec 29, '14,
Balloons saying, "I love you," and "Thinking of you," adorn the shrine, along with stuffed animals, flowers, Christmas trees and poinsettias, and solar lights that see to it that Chambers' death site will never be fully in the dark.

But the identity of her killer still has not come to light.

A little more than three weeks into the investigation into Chambers' death, officials from several local, state, and federal agencies are still tight-lipped on what, if anything, they have on the case.

Subpoenas, lab results in Jessica Chambers murder case may provide more clues
Posted: Dec 29, 2014 6:12 PM CST Updated: Dec 30, 2014 2:15 PM CST
By Michael Clark

[...]

"The only thing I'll comment on is we've got it past the video at the gas station. Do we have a 100 percent timeline? No," Champion said.

[...]

"Somebody had taken a look at the video, and then, a very cursory look at it, and then when obviously you [WMC Action News 5] looked at it and brought our attention to approximately an hour before, then yes some officers went out there and the actual hard drive had already been collected,"

[...]

Champion says the only person officially cleared is the clerk who works there.

"I'm not ruling anything out, but we certainly have looked at numerous people that we feel like didn't have anything to do with it," he said.

[...]

"Nothing that is protected by the grand jury, or that is subject to being taken to the grand jury is a public record under Mississippi law and that's why we're not releasing it," Champion explained.

[...]

VIDEO - Full interview with D.A. John Champion

(paraphrase of DA Champion answers during during radio interview this morning)

When asked about if LE is continuing to conduct interviews with persons who may have knowledge or if they are re-interviewing people already talked to:

If officers A and B have interviewed someone we are having officers C and D look at those interviews (fresh eyes) to see if anything was missed or if that person needs to be brought back in for re interview. We are looking at what we have already done meticulously.

Host asks if the lack of talk on the street leads LE to believe gang related.

Champion does not believe that lack of talk indicates gang related. He thinks just the opposite, more likely that there would be talk on the street if gang related. says that is not off the table by any means. His personal opinion: Common sense tells you the perp is one person who is not talking or it could be this is someone who is not from the area. That cannot be ruled out.

His personal opinion is that this perp simply has not talked to anybody therefore no one else can be talking

When asked about the name Eric or Derrick and whether that lead has been exhausted

Champion says Cannot speak about what Jessica said but nothing is off the table

When host asked if Champion thought this could be a personal vendetta against Jessica

Champion says he does not disagree with that and that is certainly something investigators have discussed.

http://www.supertalk.fm/gallorecap-john-champion-2/

ETA THE DIRECT QUOTE AND LINK TO LOCATE THEM AT THANK YOU TO MEMBER WHO POSTED THE LINK

“We are looking at every little thing we have done in the case,” Champion said. “Having other eyes look at, you know, if officers A and B interviewed somebody, well officers C and D are gonna take a look at that interview to see if something was missed and may bring this person back in to interview.”

SNIP

“It’s a meticulous process. It’s just taking us time.”

SNIP

“Typically you are gonna get some talk from people on the street and we are not getting any. It’s baffling to all of us.”

SNIP

“Common sense would tell you that we are dealing with someone who hasn’t spoken a word of this to anybody and that’s why there’s no street talk. Or it could be somebody not even from the area.”

- See more at: http://www.newsms.fm/jessica-chambe...ains-unchanged/#sthash.xrlcj2sP.yIbxelZw.dpuf

Mississippi Gov. Says He's Personally Pushing Pursuit of Jessica's Justice
Iris Barnes
On January 8, 2015

JACKSON, Miss. –Mississippi Governor Phil Byrant says the person or persons that killed Jessica Chambers will be found and brought to justice.

“My instructions to (Mississippi Department of Public Safety) Commissioner Albert Santa Cruze is to spare no effort. Whatever we need to do, utilize whatever expertise, equipment, manpower, personnel, we are going to find the person who committed this heinous crime; and we are going to hold them accountable,” Bryant said in an interview with News Mississippi.

[...]

“I’m a former law enforcement officer and have investigated homicides as a sheriff deputy; and it’s just a chilling effect when you hear how one human being can inflict such a horrible crime on another,” said Bryant.

[...]

Bryant said local, state and federal investigators are working tirelessly to find Jessica’s killer(s). “Believe me, there is no one who would like to solve this crime more than the local law enforcement agencies and the professional investigators who are working for the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation.”

- See more at: http://www.newsms.fm/mississippi-go...ssicas-justice/#sthash.V2U8TbCC.dasUHmez.dpuf

Reward in Jessica Chambers case now $43,000
Therese Apel, The Clarion-Ledger 2:54 p.m. CST January 12, 2015

[...]

"A lot of things in this world are money-driven, and we're hoping that there's someone out there that know something that sees the reward and is willing to come forward," Champion said

[...]

Officials classified Chambers' death as a homicide, but in spite of interviewing what they have said is more than 100 potential witnesses, they say they still have yet to emerge with a prime suspect.

[...]

"We're still interviewing people. Mostly we're in the process of reinterviewing people and going through everything with a fine-tooth comb," Champion said.

Jessica Chambers’ mother: teen working to improve herself before her death
Posted 5:02 pm, January 13, 2015, by Caitlin Alexander

[...]

Chambers confirmed her daughter briefly stayed at a women’s restoration home called, “Leah’s House” in Oakland, Mississippi.

Chambers said her daughter was trying to work on some anger issues, “Within that time, she was a total different child. When she come home, she was completely different.”
Jessica Chambers’ mother sets the record straight, dispels rumors
Posted 5:30 pm, January 13, 2015, by Caitlin Alexander, Updated at 05:45pm, January 13, 2015

Lisa Chambers said there have been many people online pointing the finger at Jessica’s father, Ben Chambers. She said he’s dealt with some legal issues, but there’s no truth to those rumors. “That man would not hurt that child for anything, and it’s just ridiculous that they would even think so,” Chambers said.

[...]

She said she’s aware that gangs exist in Panola County, but she is absolutely not a part of one.

Investigators in Jessica Chambers case search for new clues
Posted: Jan 13, 2015 7:06 PM CST Updated: Jan 13, 2015 8:54 PM CST
By WMCActionNews5.com Staff

[...]

District Attorney John Champion says they have been re-interviewing suspects. He admits that there are a lot of questions that remain unanswered about the timeline leading up to her death.

"We still have some gaps that we don't have an answer to at this point, and those are some of the things we're still trying to figure out on these gaps," said Champion. "Quite frankly, we're still getting little tidbits of new information periodically that we're following up on."

Investigators work 'every day' for answer to murder (*subscribtion based)
By Rupert Howell
The Panolian 1/20/15

Panola County Coroner Gracie Grant-Gullege confirmed last week that "provisional" autopsy results for Jessica Chambers have been completed but that information has yet to be made public.

She explained that the provisional autopsy includes basic information needed to determine cause of death but noted more in-depth analysis can be involved.

[…]

For many reasons, including Chambers' ability to treat everyone equally regardless of skin color, Fleming said the entire community wants her killer found and brought to justice.

SNIP

"The black community is not hiding or protecting the killer of Jessica. I swear to you if anyone knew who had did this to Jessica that person would not be safe from the black community."

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...or-jessica-chambers-on-her-birthday/22480129/

"When the news media gets to the point that there are other things going on and it seems like it's cold with y'all, it's not with us," Darby said. "There's a full-fledged investigation going on, and there are some areas that we are still very involved with as far as the investigation goes, a lot of people we're going through, and we think we have some possibilities. We have to be 100 percent right, though, we can't be 99 percent."

District Attorney John Champion said a Wednesday meeting of investigators on the Chambers case brought 67 people from several different agencies who are actively working the case on a daily basis.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/n...ined/22978811/

New article thought I would post it Thanks for all your updates and posts they are much appreciated.

"The mother of a Mississippi teen who was burned alive in her car has revealed the final words she spoke to her daughter as she lay dying in a hospital bed.

Lisa Daugherty rushed to her daughter Jessica Chambers' bedside in December 7 she lay dying with 98 percent of her body covered in burns.

Knowing their time together was short, Daughterty told 19-year-old Jessica to let go.

'I just looked at her and said, 'I know you're in pain, Baby, if you want to go, you can go.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...spoke-daughter-took-breath.html#ixzz3RqqfBtlW

I realize every case is different, but in this case, apparently the guy who was burned was able to speak, identifying the person who set him on fire. I hope Jessica was able to give the responders enough information that horrific day which will eventually lead to the arrest of person/people who did this to her. Holding onto hope justice will be served. MOO.

Man guilty of setting friend alight - Published on Sun Nov 20 2011

Brown, 44, told a police officer as he lay dying of burns to 80 per cent of his body that Hall had set him alight.
“I didn’t want to die like this,” Brown told the constable as an ambulance rushed them to Sunnybrook hospital.
“He poured gasoline on me. He lit me up with his lighter,” Const. Carlos Pareja recalled Brown saying.
Const. Serena Marchis testified that when she arrived, she saw Brown at the front of the house. He told her, “The man who did this is still in the backyard,” she said.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2011/11/20/man_guilty_of_setting_friend_alight.html

DA's timeline in Chambers' case missing one hour
By Rupert Howell of The Panolian post presser news, not sure of date, saw Feb 23, '15

Janice Broach reports for WMCActionNews5, on Feb 17, 2015 at 10:00 pmish, that (paraphrasing)
'people in Panola say those who know are scared to come forward, but investigators say they can offer them protection, at the end of the report.'

DA: One hour of the day Jessica Chambers was murdered remains unaccounted for
Caitlin Alexander reporting with George Brown and Ashley Crockette
updated @ 6:02 pm, Feb 17, '15

DA seeks info about 1 hour gap in Chambers' final day
Michael Clark of WMCActionNews5 reports on Feb 17, '15 @ 6:29 pm est

PANOLA COUNTY, Miss. — We are expecting an update in the Jessica Chambers case Tuesday afternoon.

District Attorney John Champion will talk with reporters at 3 p.m. about where the investigation stands.

WREG’s Caitlin Alexander will be at the news conference. Follow her @CAlexander_WREG

https://twitter.com/CAlexander_WREG

http://wreg.com/2015/02/17/jessica-chambers-case-update/

ETA: Sorry, Steve. Didn't see your post

Where Was Jessica In Last Hour Before She Was Burned?
By Darrell Greene, Anchor Feb 17, '15 9:19 pm est
Reports her cell phone had something to do with determining her location.
https://storify.com/FOX13Memphis/jessica-chambers-update

Who burned to death Jessica Chambers? Mississippi officials zero in on 'one-hour gap'
AP story from NOLA.com with great quality photos and Michael Clark's report

Authorities release more of Jessica Chambers' movements on her last day
Therese Apel, The Clarion-Ledger 5:24 p.m. CST February 17, 2015

Jessica Chambers' mother talks about her life, her fears, her last breath
by Therese Apel, The Clarion-Ledger 12:03 p.m. CST February 15, 2015

DA explains missing phone call in Jessica Chambers' timeline
by Therese Apel, The Clarion-Ledger 11:32 am cst Feb 25, '15

"not able to pin much data from the call"
"technology to track Chambers' movements on that day, and some of that information is based on her cell phone activity. But in some cases in a rural area, that can be prohibitive,"
"she was probably moving around at the time, and the technology is better when you're stationary," he said.
"Assistant US Attorney Chad Lamar said there is a way to provide protection for witnesses in the Chambers case."

'Crime Stoppers (800) 729-2169,

ATF (888) 283-3473,

FBI (601) 948-5000,

Panola County Sheriff's Department (601) 563-6230'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members