MS - Jessica Johnson, 37, found hanged, Horn Lake, 2 June 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM: That's true, they do.
The circumstances are just so hinky. Hope they arrest the boyfriend soon!!

Oh totally. This one is hinky as it gets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Her body once found wasn't positioned as a SUICIDAL hanging on that tree. Jmo.

It looked more like a body being tied up to the tree. Jmo.

Now please mods delete this picture if need be.

But this is the pic from the Huffington post site that shows how she was found. Plus the outside investigator said the same thing.

The outside investigators that the family contacted said that this doesn't look like a suicide.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_596f4821e4b0000eb19742ae?section=us_crime

<modsnip>

Her body once found wasn't positioned as a hanging on that tree. Jmo.

It looked more like a body being tied up to the tree. Jmo.

Now please mods delete this picture if need be.

But this is the pic from the Huffington post site that shows how she was found. Plus the outside investigator said the same thing.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_596f4821e4b0000eb19742ae?section=us_crime

<modsnip>

Agreed. If she died by hanging wouldn't her body be kind of contorted? Seems like it would be an involuntary reaction to fight.

Agreed. If she died by hanging wouldn't her body be kind of contorted? Seems like it would be an involuntary reaction to fight.

Exactly. She wouldn't be leaning to her left since the noose is on her left.

So someone forgot to position her a different way that would make her look downwards and not upwards.

So hopefully someone has touch dna on the shoe strings.

Exactly. She wouldn't be leaning to her left since the noose is on her left.

So someone forgot to position her a different way that would make her look downwards and not upwards.

So hopefully someone has touch dna on the shoe strings.
Hoping and praying for touch DNA....and hoping LE gathered it as evidence.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Okay. Thanks mods.

I meant no harm. Thank you for letting me stay while simply removing the picture.

Thanks again.

Unless she was a professional nooser. Than she was way too close to tie that thing which left her head facing upwards to the left and not downwards to the right.

I definitely think this is hinky, especially considering it seems like they knew the people whose house this was done at, but I have to say the attitude of "x person wouldn't commit suicide" is so ubelievably wrong and harmful.

**personal note** My partner currently is actively suicidal. Outwardly(to everyone but me and his therapist) he is a light hearted, funny, sarcastic, kind, loving, silly, effeminate, charismatic, chatty, weirdo. And he is still all those things, and he hates himself. Every single day. He wants to die, every day. Even while he goes to work, and laughs, and chats with people all day, even holding his brand new nephew. He still wants to die.

And that doesn't make him a bad person, or a weak one, or someone who didn't love his family.

I definitely think this is hinky, especially considering it seems like they knew the people whose house this was done at, but I have to say the attitude of "x person wouldn't commit suicide" is so ubelievably wrong and harmful.

**personal note** My partner currently is actively suicidal. Outwardly(to everyone but me and his therapist) he is a light hearted, funny, sarcastic, kind, loving, silly, effeminate, charismatic, chatty, weirdo. And he is still all those things, and he hates himself. Every single day. He wants to die, every day. Even while he goes to work, and laughs, and chats with people all day, even holding his brand new nephew. He still wants to die.

And that doesn't make him a bad person, or a weak one, or someone who didn't love his family.

I'm so sorry. I'm glad he can talk to you as well as his therapist. I agree a person who is suicidal or committed suicide isn't evil at all.

I'm so sorry. I'm glad he can talk to you as well as his therapist. I agree a person who is suicidal or committed suicide isn't evil at all.

Thank you, and we all have our times when we are sick right, whether physically or emotionally, this just happen to be his. But he's getting better, and that's all we can hope for for anyone.

Personally, I think this was an overdose gone sideways as my first thought, but I haven't honestly read a ton into it besides the articles posted here!

This is odd case I agree it does not look right - the hair and her hand tucked in her legs and almost like she's sitting on knees

Also the top link appears to have interesting comments at bottom of article

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is odd case I agree it does not look right - the hair and her hand tucked in her legs and almost like she's sitting on knees

Johnson has a 19-year-old son, who received a text from his mother’s phone at 3:29 a.m., after his mother’s death.

What the heck! How can they not think this was murder? And I wish they would tell us more about the text her son got after her death.

There ya go....he stated it well in the comments...

A local news station there is doing a story tomorrow night. I also read that the investigator will be on Nancy Grace's show on serius radio tomorrow, too. Maybe there will be new information released.

The Johnsons hired their own forensic scientist, Dr. Maurice Godwin, who is an 18-year veteran of high-profile murder investigations, including the Casey Anthony case in Florida.*

"To me, this is a staged crime scene, and one thing you have to take into account is this is*just within walking distance where she was visiting with her boyfriend. It's not like she drove into the woods and did this," Dr. Godwin said. "One of the first things is the neatness of the knot tied at the end of the shoestring. It's almost at the end of both ends of shoe strings and the knot is tied very neat at the end. So, when she sits down to do this, how does she know how much slack that she's going to need in the string? Too much or not enough and everything*for that to work and then tie that from a sitting position."

http://m.wmctv.com/wmctv/db/401748/content/s6GixNCQ?contentguid=s6GixNCQ

The man who owns the home where Jessica's body was found asked WMC5 not to reveal his identity because he has received death threats from people who blame him for her*death.*

Horn Lake Police Department has not named any suspects in Jessica's death, and the homeowner said he had nothing to do with it.

"I wouldn't let anything happen to her," he said. "You know, anybody do anything to her, you know, if I could, you know,*help it."

Jessica's body was found on a Friday, but she and her "off and on" boyfriend showed up to this man's house on Wednesday.*

"From the time that they showed up Wednesday to Thursday, she seemed out of her, you know, normal self," he said. "That's the first time I've seen them in a few months*together, and she just, I don't know, she was just really, I think, love sick. She was more dramatic than I'd ever seen her."

The night before Jessica was found dead, the homeowner said there were several people at his house. At some point, Jessica got into a fight with her boyfriend.

"One of my roommates and ------ both told me she was out in the drive way and pulled the shoe strings out of her shoes and was threatening it," he said. "And he basically kind of just shrugged it off and told her, 'Get out of here with that. I don't want to hear it,'*and he shut the door on her."

He said later that night, Jessica sent the homeowner a text.

"I got the text message from her, talking about she just didn't want to feel the pain anymore or anything," he said.*

That was the last time he heard from her.

When asked if he thinks Jessica committed suicide, he responded, "At first I didn't, but now, I'm kind of leaning that way, yeah."

He continued, "It's hard to believe that she sat out there from you know, 6 p.m. on Thursday until 9:30, 10:30 Friday morning without anybody seeing her, you know? She just appeared out of nowhere it feels like. Because, I mean, you had people riding up and down the street all morning."

WMC5's Felicia Bolton reached out to Jessica's "off and on" boyfriend, who told her he submitted DNA to investigators and has been questioned. He described his relationship with Jessica as volatile and said they were bad for each other, but that he never physically hurt her. He declined an on-camera interview and currently has a warrant in Shelby County for domestic assault-bodily harm in a separate case.

ummmm, thanks for those last few links.

Hope LE can get to the bottom of this. Seems like several things that would be easily verifiable, i.e., text to homeowner, the people "rising up and down the street" while her body allegedly hung there.

Well, that has a lot to say. I don't know if I believe what the "homeowner" has to say, but it should be possible for LE to find out if there really was a text from Jessica saying she "did not want to feel the pain anymore". If my friend was saying things like that, you can bet I wouldn't just close the door and go to bed. He says she was "just out of her normal self, love sick, more dramatic, had a fight with boyfriend, pulled her shoelaces out and threatened it".... Perhaps this man needs a polygraph. I am not sure I can believe him, yet. But I will try to be open to the possibility... maybe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarneson59
Back