GUILTY MS - Linda Reed for embezzlement, Copiah County, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:thud:

I have been gone and expected there to be no news on this thread. I am blown away.

I still will not be surprised if the Mexico info was a complete lie. You guys saw how adept our media was at getting the "facts" and running with them. At least this time, they did say they were unable to confirm.

:thud:

I have been gone and expected there to be no news on this thread. I am blown away.

Wow. I am also just shocked. Although I am floored by this, I am so very glad she has been found safe.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

It just gets stranger..... I told y'all how adept our media was with taking "facts" and running with them right? This is what was just reported at 4pm:
A source closee to the investigation has confirmed that Linda Gale Reed has been found alive in Acapulco, Mexico. She was arrested with a large sum of cash in her possession and is currently in custody in Mexico
She then goes on to state that the family, Sheriff's dept in Copiah and Carroll Counties state they have no knowledge of this. The FBI states they have no knowledge and issue no comment. They have also emailed the consullate in Mexico and received a response back from an American representative that there is no record of Linda Reed being held in a Mexican prison at this time. She then went on to say that no officials would either ocnfirm or deny whether Linda Reed was indeed found alive in Mexico.
So.........go back and read the very first statement they lead with.

I've been trying to figure out who "a source close to the investigation" is. It seems like it must be someone from the business. I checked the Facebook pages of her son and daughter, and they certainly aren't confirming anything. It's difficult to image a news reporter randomly posting something without at least a relevant source. It's a holiday weekend. The regular news hounds are out of the office, for the most part. So there may be some questionable people working in news rooms. Plus, some places probably aren't doing much reporting today. We may not know anything until late tonight or sometime on Tuesday.

For some reason, law enforcement was out at the SUV discovery site this afternoon. It was only the Sheriff and some civilians or a few plain clothes offices when we saw them. Couldn't tell what they were doing though. Just standing around and talking at that time. They had to be out there for something related to the case though because it's not like it's a local hang out.

I've been trying to figure out who "a source close to the investigation" is. It seems like it must be someone from the business. I checked the Facebook pages of her son and daughter, and they certainly aren't confirming anything.

Actually one of the sons posted an hour ago on Facebook that it didn't pan out. Why would the media keep reporting it? If it's a mistake then they need to take it down. This is awful.

While it doesn't mention in print or on video who the source/s is, on this link under the words "BREAKING NEWS" it says "SOURCE: FAMILY"

http://www.wlbt.com/story/18636268/missing-woman-linda-gale-reed-found-alive

Could someone in the family have contacted the news station, but not passed the info on to other family members? That seems really strange ...

I don't think so Dion. I am on my phone, so this link may not work: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...20652&p=10&refid=52&_ft_=fbid.358773850853648. Go to WLBT's facebook page and look at the comments under Linda Gale Reed Found Alive story. Her daughter in law is Trina Sessums and her daughter is Cindy Grey. I truly do not believe they or their families were involved as the source.

I used to be in the kidnapping camp, but have moved to the voluntary disappearance camp. She may not be in Mexico.....the Sheriff did say a week or so ago that he thought she was still local, so I guess we will see what shakes out.

While it doesn't mention in print or on video who the source/s is, on this link under the words "BREAKING NEWS" it says "SOURCE: FAMILY"

http://www.wlbt.com/story/18636268/missing-woman-linda-gale-reed-found-alive

Could someone in the family have contacted the news station, but not passed the info on to other family members? That seems really strange ...

I just saw that too...about the family being the source....those 2 children on facebook are very very defensive right now (I guess I would be too but...) but I don't see where Chris Reed has said anything (her husband's son)...so it is a little weird...

I don't have Facebook, and this one is locked. What's the news?

I think it's weird that after 24 hrs just the one station is carrying this news.

IIRC sheriff told WLBT he thought she was still alive - which we hope she is, but... Coincidence that's the only station in the know, or just, well coincidence?

if it is true, i wonder if whoever is with her is her "new love"..poor husband now, if that is true..

if it is true, i wonder if whoever is with her is her "new love"..poor husband now, if that is true..

At one time, I think on AMW's site, it said that there was video of her leaving her trailer in seperate vehicles with a man @ 4 am. That was gone a few hours later. I have always wondered if it was just a rumor that got posted or if it was taken down at the request of law enforcement. I was not the only one who saw it either-everyone here just devours every morsel regarding the case and I have a bunch of friends who also read the same info.

*If* that was true and he picked her up when she left her car, I would be willng to bet that is her "new love"

There are so many *IFs* with this case though.

At one time, I think on AMW's site, it said that there was video of her leaving her trailer in seperate vehicles with a man @ 4 am. That was gone a few hours later. I have always wondered if it was just a rumor that got posted or if it was taken down at the request of law enforcement. I was not the only one who saw it either-everyone here just devours every morsel regarding the case and I have a bunch of friends who also read the same info.

*If* that was true and he picked her up when she left her car, I would be willng to bet that is her "new love"

There are so many *IFs* with this case though.

That is very interesting. I had never heard that. Maybe that is why her husband's son (Chris Reed) has quit talking about it...i feel sad for them.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alternative_hat_9417
Back