GUILTY MS - Linda Reed for embezzlement, Copiah County, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
helpfindlinda said that they(the family) have been threatened with lawsuits if they imply that someone may be involved if IIRC. I am assuming it is this business and family. Is that what you all are assuming?

Probably. But it seems to me that legal threats could be turned back onto the Moore's, if the allegations they made against Linda are wrongful and untrue. Would that not be considered slander or libel? It was certainly damaging, imo.

Probably. But it seems to me that legal threats could be turned back onto the Moore's, if the allegations they made against Linda are wrongful and untrue. Would that not be considered slander or libel? It was certainly damaging, imo.

I am no legal expert, but I think libel is something in print and slander is something they said that would be damaging.

I don't see what the business could try to sue the family for if the family makes it clear that what they are saying is speculation. For example: "I think business X might have misplaced money and blamed it on Linda". Isn't that freedom of speech? Whatever- like I said, I am no legal expert.

I just want to know what happened to Linda and where she is. If you read my earlier posts, I have never felt that she took off of her own free will. The car, the blanket on the ground, the tooth, and the biggest of all: LEAVING HER FAMILY....all those clues just seem not to add up to what the newspaper reports have implied. JMO JMO JMO

I am no legal expert, but I think libel is something in print and slander is something they said that would be damaging.

I don't see what the business could try to sue the family for if the family makes it clear that what they are saying is speculation. For example: "I think business X might have misplaced money and blamed it on Linda". Isn't that freedom of speech? Whatever- like I said, I am no legal expert.

I just want to know what happened to Linda and where she is. If you read my earlier posts, I have never felt that she took off of her own free will. The car, the blanket on the ground, the tooth, and the biggest of all: LEAVING HER FAMILY....all those clues just seem not to add up to what the newspaper reports have implied. JMO JMO JMO

Yeah, and where are the newspapers now when Linda's family needs them? Shouldn't they be just as willing to come out and report that there is no money missing as they were willing to report the Moore's biased speculations that there was money missing and implicated Linda ?
Such total silence, it's like the local news sources became completely mute just over night. Is there something wrong with Copiah County? Very strange,:waitasec: I just really don't get it. :twocents:

Last week WJTV 12 reported on Linda's case. They said she had been missing for nearly three months, search continues and no indication of missing money.

Also, I am assuming that suing her employer for slander would fall the same as suing the new station. We were told since she is missing, family can not sue on her behalf. If we find her body then we can sue or she would have to be found alive and sue them herself. Am I wrong? We were advised by a lawyer about not being able to sue the news.

We absolutely do NOT believe Linda would leave her husband, 87 year old mother, children and young grandchildren to fear for her life and look for her body. Never!!!!

At bit analizer....she went missing on Sunday night (we think) the business never skipped a beat. Opened and remained open the next day. Never shut down. ( this could have been a crime scene) and they continued business as usual. Not once did anyone help search after work either. A few emplyees stopped by once or twice after work. But not a single one lifted a single leaf to search.

At bit analizer....she went missing on Sunday night (we think) the business never skipped a beat. Opened and remained open the next day. Never shut down. ( this could have been a crime scene) and they continued business as usual. Not once did anyone help search after work either. A few emplyees stopped by once or twice after work. But not a single one lifted a single leaf to search.

Just wanted to let you know I am praying for all of you. I grew up going to a church in Philadelphia MS and some of my friends from there posted Linda's picture on their Facebook when she went missing. I've been trying to keep up with her case through here too. Just wanted to let you know I am praying!!!

Never skipped a beat except for the fact that the owner, Shannon Moore, wasn't giving any interviews to the press. His wife was answering questions. I think I saw a single post of a missing poster on their collective social media accounts. That was it.

(note to mods, I tried to ask you about sleuthing on the Moore family, but did not get a response. Let me know if I am off base here. I was the one that linked to a pic that I wanted to pose a question on)

I believe TOS says that we cannot sleuth people that are not named persons of interest by LE in MSM.

I am sure someone at her work was concerned....I doubt that EVERYONE that worked there is in on some scheme to discredit her. But maybe they were given the impression by someone at work (the boss) that she must be sick, taking vacation, etc.? I am curious to what the other employees felt that day.

It was stated in MSM that co-workers reported Linda said she had to go back to Walmart a second time.
1. Have these coworkers taken a polygraph?
2. Is it customary for the business to be open on a Sunday?
3. Is there only one entrance/exit to the property?

@ bit analizer...
1. No they have not. LE polygraghed three employees. Thee were six to eight employees there that night.
2. They were not officially opened. It is a machine/welding shop. So it is not unusual for employees to be there at odd hours and on any given day. If a customer (24 hour manufacturer) has a machine down and need a part made they would get called out.
3. Yes, only one entrance through the gate but there is a spot in the back by Linda's mobile home where the fence does not come completely down to the ground. And a small to medium sized person could crawl underneath it.

I have followed this case from the beginning, and for the most part sat back and lurked. You guys ask all the right questions so I hardly have to do a thing. I just have to chime in here to say Ms. Reed's disappearance bothers me so much. I mean the first I heard she was missing, and the word abducted was used. Foul play. They found a tooth in her car. Then I hear, not from LE, but IIRC from the business owner's wife that he is worried because there is or may be missing money. That announcement IMOO completely changed everything. There was so much speculation about how much and how long she had been helping herself to company funds. How could all of this not effected the search effort. OK. If all of that isn't bad enough, it was announced she is found safe in Mexico. It was corrected, but believe me not everyone heard both announcements. So, ok, she is still missing and many probably think she skipped town with the "missing" money. Rumours still abound she ran off to start a new life. Now we have just recently learned there is no missing money. Linda is still missing. I mean I don't even know what to say. All of this is so maddening and frustrating to me I can't see straight. If I feel this way, I cannot imagine how upset her family is now. Also, let us not forget LE not proceesing her mobile home or vehicle. Someone help me out here because I truly do not understand why in the world the wouldn't have done so. I understand it is a small department, but I also live in an area that has a very small department. We were recently crime victims and LE was at our home literally all night processing the house, yard, RV, everything. I have to hand it to them. They had county LE and several state police officers. I am not trying to bash LE, but maybe there are reasons of which I am unaware. IMO her place of employment needs to be scrutinized closely for the simple fact she was there before walmart and may have returned there before her car was found. Also IIRC she was last seen by witnesses there. I have always wondered who she told she was going to walmart. Employees...?? I am also curious what the other employess thought when she went missing. Also were there any new employees or additions to the office in the last month or so? I think I read that in the beginning, but am not sure. I think I may have read she was retiring soon. And who on earth is missing a pair of glasses?

I have followed this case from the beginning, and for the most part sat back and lurked. You guys ask all the right questions so I hardly have to do a thing. I just have to chime in here to say Ms. Reed's disappearance bothers me so much. I mean the first I heard she was missing, and the word abducted was used. Foul play. They found a tooth in her car. Then I hear, not from LE, but IIRC from the business owner's wife that he is worried because there is or may be missing money. That announcement IMOO completely changed everything. There was so much speculation about how much and how long she had been helping herself to company funds. How could all of this not effected the search effort. OK. If all of that isn't bad enough, it was announced she is found safe in Mexico. It was corrected, but believe me not everyone heard both announcements. So, ok, she is still missing and many probably think she skipped town with the "missing" money. Rumours still abound she ran off to start a new life. Now we have just recently learned there is no missing money. Linda is still missing. I mean I don't even know what to say. All of this is so maddening and frustrating to me I can't see straight. If I feel this way, I cannot imagine how upset her family is now. Also, let us not forget LE not proceesing her mobile home or vehicle. Someone help me out here because I truly do not understand why in the world the wouldn't have done so. I understand it is a small department, but I also live in an area that has a very small department. We were recently crime victims and LE was at our home literally all night processing the house, yard, RV, everything. I have to hand it to them. They had county LE and several state police officers. I am not trying to bash LE, but maybe there are reasons of which I am unaware. IMO her place of employment needs to be scrutinized closely for the simple fact she was there before walmart and may have returned there before her car was found. Also IIRC she was last seen by witnesses there. I have always wondered who she told she was going to walmart. Employees...?? I am also curious what the other employess thought when she went missing. Also were there any new employees or additions to the office in the last month or so? I think I read that in the beginning, but am not sure. I think I may have read she was retiring soon. And who on earth is missing a pair of glasses?

And if the local LE doesn't have the training or equipment to competently and thoroughly investigate a missing person's case, possibly a murder case, it is their responsibilty to call in reinforcements, i.e., the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation I would think, isn't that the same as the State Police? It is not in the FBI's jurisdiction, IIUC, because they have no evidence she was kidnapped and taken out of state.
Totally agree with your bolded statement. I am completely :furious: at what is quite obviously sloppy and inept handling of a case in which a woman's life is at stake. As if it doesn't really matter to them. Say What? :what: It's just unbelievable, IMO. I just have to think what is our world coming to?

I went back and read this thread from the beginning. At first I thought all the misinformation was a combination of bad reporting and small town rumors run amok. But the more I read the more it seemed like intentional misdirection, smoke and mirrors.

It is very upsetting that disappearance is not being investigated properly by the authorities. It leaves us with very little to "officially" sleuth.

IMO this lady didn't run off. Someone or more than one someone is responsible for her disappearance and she is entitled to have her disappearance investigated. Her family is entitled to a fair effort by authorities to investigate this.

Do we have an accurate timeline to work with?

Linda's disappearance has bothered me from the start. The blanket - there has got to be a reason the blanket was out on the ground. If you look at the videos taken of the area where her vehicle, the blanket and the glasses were found, it is not an area where someone would spread a blanket. It did not appear to be an open, mowed area but rather a small overgrown path. So why is the blanket there?

We have thought about that blanket a million times. Based on several discussions of different scenerios with Tim Miller of Texas Equui Search, we think she was possibly taken unconscious from her mobile home wrapped in or carried in the blanket. (It was a blanket she kept on her couch) That also would explain why the dogs only got her scent in the car and on the blanket. Which suggests to us that she did not walk from the car to the road. Meaning she was wrapped in the blanket and someone carried her to the road and possibly put her body in another vehicle.

We have thought about that blanket a million times. Based on several discussions of different scenerios with Tim Miller of Texas Equui Search, we think she was possibly taken unconscious from her mobile home wrapped in or carried in the blanket. (It was a blanket she kept on her couch) That also would explain why the dogs only got her scent in the car and on the blanket. Which suggests to us that she did not walk from the car to the road. Meaning she was wrapped in the blanket and someone carried her to the road and possibly put her body in another vehicle.

Which takes me back to my earlier question in the thread: why did LE say that there was only Linda's scent, and no other scents were detected in her car or the area where it was found? How can they know this, when the dogs had no specific scent to follow? And if someone carried her there, their scent would have to be there too, right? :waitasec:

That would make sense and it would imply that no blood was present. I would guess strangulation. How thoroughly did they search her apartment? Were any cadaver dogs used that you are aware of?

Lets see if I can explain all this... dogs were only given Linda's clothes for tracking. By the time dogs arrived numberous LE, FD people eta. had been all over the area. They never had the dogs track any scent but Linda's. They hit on the car and the blanket only (no trail from one to the other which tells me she did not walk from her car to the road where the blanket was found. Possibly carried? In the blanket?)

I don't remember whether it was made clear regarding the items that she purchased. Were these items accounted for? At one point, people thought that the items disappeared with Linda. Plus, it's never been divulged what items were purchased. I realize that LE may not want that information disclosed to the public. But I certainly have wondered about her Walmart visit.

Also, if Linda was taken from her home and moved to another car, that means we're looking for two suspects, right? And, if it's strangulation, we're most likely talking about a man. Since there is no sign of a robbery/theft, these two individuals are not likely to be common criminals. With Linda being older and with two individuals most likely involved, it seems unlikely that it was a sexual crime.

That means the people probably knew Linda and probably had a disagreement with her. Now, did they both have this disagreement? Or do one have the disagreement and the other helped later?

Now, I don't know her, and I have no idea why someone might have a disagreement. There are times when a family member or friend wants money or is mad about something else. There is also the possibility of a romantic relationship that somehow created a dispute with either the romancer or someone related to that person. It also could be a neighbor. I've read stories lately where people killed neighbors over disputes.

Obviously, I'm drawing some big conclusions without a lot of facts to support them. But it's food for thought, I think.

Lets see if I can explain all this... dogs were only given Linda's clothes for tracking. By the time dogs arrived numberous LE, FD people eta. had been all over the area. They never had the dogs track any scent but Linda's. They hit on the car and the blanket only (no trail from one to the other which tells me she did not walk from her car to the road where the blanket was found. Possibly carried? In the blanket?)

Maybe dragged. The skin cells flake off, and that leaves the scent. If she was on the blanket, perhaps there was no scent on the ground. How much did she weigh? How large was the blanket?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back