Recovered/Located MS - Lydia Flowers, teen, mom’s body found inside home after Lydia leaves in car as passenger, Oktibbeha Co., 4 Dec 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't believe from what I have read on social media that this was an immediate change in her personality. It sounds like she has been changing over the last couple of years, not days. This is another terribly sad story!

Lydia Flowers charged with 1st degree murder, conspiracy to commit murder, and accessory after the fact. Her bond is set at $1.2 mil - being held at the county jail.
so hers match his. Both charged with 1st degree, conspiracy to commit and accessory after the fact. Wonder which of them did the actual killing or both? I suspect just based on the neighbor witnessing someone picking her up day before body found that they both colluded but Lydia did the shooting, then he came and picked her up afterward.

What a shame. 13 years old.

“I just think that whoever the guy is – of course, he is the picture, whoever he is, done put things in her head. Done put her against, had put her against her mom because that’s where she wanna be. You know the guy had called my sister’s phone Saturday and she explained to him. Her name is not this person she told you. She is not this age. She’s 13. She is not 20. And you know I think he lied about his age. He said he was 20 but I think he’s older than he is but I don’t know,” said Sheehy.

As for Lydia, she is now in custody awaiting questioning with the Oktibbeha County Sheriff’s Department.
Maben murder: Victim's sister speaks out
Sounds like grooming to me. I wonder if they met online?

Sounds like grooming to me. I wonder if they met online?
possibly, sounds like Lydia's family believed Davis might have thought Lydia was older than she was, whether that is because Lydia told him that she was 20 or whether he just preferred to believe that isn't yet known. Who knows, maybe they met on snapchat or any one of another sites used to hookup or they met at the corner store, it was a most unfortunate encounter for Lou in the end.

He either put her up to it through grooming or she, chafing against mom's rules, wanted to be grown and she dragged him into it, we'll know eventually. It all comes out in the wash as my gramma used to say.

“Lydia had told many people that she wanted my sister dead. That she would kill her. Ain’t no need in holding it back. I’m sorry but this was the truth,” said Sheehy.

Taquinci Sheehy is Lou Anda Jones’ sister. She knew firsthand the nature of Jones and her daughter’s relationship.
[snip]
The more Sheehy learned, the more she said she believed her niece may have been involved.

“I got a phone call this morning telling me the way she told this person that she wanted my sister dead. She had stressed my sister out so bad. And I know she loved her daughter. And I don’t know if this might go on record or not but she had something to do with the loss of my sister,” said Sheehy.
Maben murder: Victim's sister speaks out

Family believes daughter may have had something to do with mother’s death

possibly, sounds like Lydia's family believed Davis might have thought Lydia was older than she was, whether that is because Lydia told him that she was 20 or whether he just preferred to believe that isn't yet known. Who knows, maybe they met on snapchat or any one of another sites used to hookup or they met at the corner store, it was a most unfortunate encounter for Lou in the end.

He either put her up to it through grooming or she, chafing against mom's rules, wanted to be grown and she dragged him into it, we'll know eventually. It all comes out in the wash as my gramma used to say.
I don't know any 13 year old girls dragging adult men to do anything.

It looks like a huge power imbalance to me. An adult with money, license to drive, license to buy alcohol, and ability to purchase firearms is much more likely to be the groomer, rather than the victim of a 13 year old.

I'll keep watching for more info.

It looks like a huge power imbalance to me. An adult with money, license to drive, license to buy alcohol, and ability to purchase firearms is much more likely to be the groomer, rather than the victim of a 13 year old.

I tend to agree with you. I am leaving room for the possibility that her male friend truly had no idea she was 13. there are reports from family her own members that seem to suggest at some point he may have believed she was not the minor she is.

Last edited:

I don't know. I do know that there are some who claim abuse loud enough that their SO believes them and will go so far as to kill for them. According to her own family, she was claiming to be 20 y/o. I am not giving her a pass just because of her age. Some kids are even evil.

Neither Flowers nor Davis has entered a plea at this time and no lawyer is listed for either in court records.

The Oktibbeha County Sheriff's Department declined to speak about the nature of the relationship between this young male and teen, but did say that the investigation into Jones' death is ongoing.
Mississippi Child, 13, Charged With Mother's Murder, Bail Set at $1.2M

I think there's possibly something like oppositional defiant disorder (ODD) in play. Mississippi ranks last in the nation for healthcare, so I imagine behavioral diagnosis and therapy is extremely limited for adolescents and teens.

I think it's way too soon to make any kind of determination like that. And even if we were to assign her a mental health diagnosis, ODD would not be my pick.

I think it's way too soon to make any kind of determination like that. And even if we were to assign her a mental health diagnosis, ODD would not be my pick.

I think I feel that at the young age of 13 if you are so actively expressing a desire to murder your parent to the point its known and discussed in the family something including therapy and a trip to the hospital are a parents responsibility, I'm not willing to blame this child for this murder even if she committed it, because at 13 she doesn't know how to control her mental health, and it wasn't her obligation it was her parent's to make sure she was okay.

I think I feel that at the young age of 13 if you are so actively expressing a desire to murder your parent to the point its known and discussed in the family something including therapy and a trip to the hospital are a parents responsibility, I'm not willing to blame this child for this murder even if she committed it, because at 13 she doesn't know how to control her mental health, and it wasn't her obligation it was her parent's to make sure she was okay.

We don't know what her mom had been doing to help. I don't think it is fair to blame the victim for her own death.

Even a homicidal child isn’t exactly guaranteed an immediate bed in a psychiatric ward.
Ex: No Vacancy: How A Shortage Of Mental Health Beds Keeps Kids Trapped Inside ERs

I'm just going to drop in here and say that I wonder what role, if any, drugs have played in this situation. Drug activity and the groups associated with running said drugs (g**gs) are rife in the area that he is from. I only bring it up because you mentioned alcohol because it's more likely he was providing her with drugs. I think this makes sense after reading what her sister and the aunt have said about the girl's behavior over the last two years or so. It's a chicken vs egg argument about what came first, but that's what my gut feel/opinion is, sadly. I'm not sure I buy the groomer angle since she was lying about her age and name, but none of that matters anymore because they are both going to have to pay for the crime they committed against a mother who was trying to save her child.

We don't know what her mom had been doing to help. I don't think it is fair to blame the victim for her own death.

I'm not trying to argue and I appreciate your point of view I really do. The source of information from my comment was directly from the family

"“This girl, she done disrespected the school teacher, the bus driver,” Sheehy again alleges. “She done cussed, done tried to fight grown people... And I said, Louann, I said, you might need to let her go... Put her somewhere that she can get some help or whatever... cause she is draining you. She is killing you. I said she will be the death of you.”

That comment from the aunt to me, says that nothing was being done which is heart breaking and why I feel the need to defend this child.

I'm not trying to argue and I appreciate your point of view I really do. The source of information from my comment was directly from the family

"“This girl, she done disrespected the school teacher, the bus driver,” Sheehy again alleges. “She done cussed, done tried to fight grown people... And I said, Louann, I said, you might need to let her go... Put her somewhere that she can get some help or whatever... cause she is draining you. She is killing you. I said she will be the death of you.”

That comment from the aunt to me, says that nothing was being done which is heart breaking and why I feel the need to defend this child.

I appreciate your pov, but that statement does not, to me, indicate nothing was being done. To me it sounds as if Lou Anda's sister was recommending she give up on the child and simply send her away so she could "get help". To me that reads as if the aunt was recommending she sign her over to the state and let her be the state's problem.

Maybe that is simply my own inaccurate read of what the aunt is conveying. Just as yours may be inaccurate that "nothing was being done".

Lou cannot tell us what was happening in her home, in her life, with her child. She may have been working with the school counselor. She may have been seeking help for her daughter. We have only the aunt's hindsight as to what SHE feels her dead sister should have been or wasn't doing. Hindsight is often 20/20 :(

My oldest son was very difficult to parent! He had ADHD and depression that began when he was only nine years old. He came from a stable home with parents still together, and was never abused. It was strictly an imbalance in his system! I started taking him to a psychiatrist when he was 10. The cops knocked on my door for the first time when he was 12 years old. I had never been in trouble my entire life, so I could not comprehend what was going on with my child. The first incident was innocent enough, even though the cops were at my door. He had gone and tried to ride a neighbors cow in their field. When he was 15 years old, his friend ran away from home and came to my house through the downstairs door so that I was unaware. My son was so protective of his friend that he ran away with him. They were found that day, but there are many instances like this! Although my son was never violent, my neighbors often their heads because they knew how “wild“ he was. There were things at the school as well! And Junior High he carried a live skunk into the school. I can certainly laugh about that one now! Some of my neighbors may have even thought I was doing nothing to help him or change him! I did not tell them that we were seeing a psychiatrist for his medication and a psychologist for his behavior. What business was it of theirs for me to tell them those things? my family – my brothers and sisters – also did not know because they were busy raising their own children. My point is that we do not know what this mother was doing to help her child.

That comment to me doesn't say that nothing was being done, it says nothing was working.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back