MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/24863764/mother-of-missing-child-pleads-for-childs-safe-return

From the link:

"Lewis said sometimes little Myra sucks her thumb upside down.

"We've got approximately 70 individuals in the woods here right now like I said we had about 250 last night so we've had the average joe citizen, men, women and children come out. Anytime there's an infant involved especially one of this age you kind of pull at the heart strings of the community so we got the help," said Sheriff Tucker.

"We just want her back home. We won't worry about pressing charges, we just want her back home safe," said Lewis."
My guess is that Mom was gone most of the day and thought Myra was inside / home. Dad was swamped with the kiddos and newborn and thought Myra was with mom. Mom comes home around 3 and they look for Myra and then call.
Also the comment about pressing charges is probably because 250 searched the woods and didn't find her. At this point I would be thinking abduction as well. All MOO

Mine too. I'm about 3 and 1/2 hours South of Camden.

I'm about an hour from there. Although, just a county over. My county law enforcement is involved in the search.

Just saw that precious baby's face on my tv. 10:00 news on now.

I'm new to websleuths. Drawn here by the Jamison's case that I saw on Disappeared and stayed because of Heather Elvis. Also keep up with a few MS cases like Shondra May. Always nice to know home folks are here!

I guess the mom could of did some other shopping before she got the groceries that could contribute to her being gone an extended period of time. However, I would think if she was gone past lunch time, the dad would had to of gotten food for the children unless one was old enough to do it instead. There is scenario that I was thinking of that could cause the mom to panic & not know what to do, so that could be why there was a long delay in reporting her missing. Actually two, but I don't think I can mention them without getting into trouble. KWIM? I sure hope that I am wrong and they find her safely hiding somewhere in the woods & warm.

Holy smokes, that is a rural area. I totally believe that the little girl could have wandered off and got lost. Hey Silky, remember that darling little girl that vanished from her house while her dad was taking a nap? Most suspected the worst (including myself), but she was found unharmed the next day. The little trooper survived being lost in the woods overnight in very frigid temperatures, in fact so frigid that people didn't expect her to survive overnight and some were beginning to call it a recovery effort.

Hoping there will be a similar outcome for this baby!

I guess the mom could of did some other shopping before she got the groceries that could contribute to her being gone an extended period of time. However, I would think if she was gone past lunch time, the dad would had to of gotten food for the children unless one was old enough to do it instead. There is scenario that I was thinking of that could cause the mom to panic & not know what to do, so that could be why there was a long delay in reporting her missing. Actually two, but I don't think I can mention them without getting into trouble. KWIM? I sure hope that I am wrong and they find her safely hiding somewhere in the woods & warm.

Also,she may have shopped at more than one store. I'm a bargain hunter, and I usually hit three before coming home.

The delay in reporting her missing is disturbing, isn't it? I'm going to see if I can find the police scanner frequency for this area, I'll post it when I find it.

The only scanner frequency I could find is Rankin County police and fire, which is an adjacent county helping with the search. Nothing for Madison County except a ham frequency, which had two geezers (I consider myself a geezer so I can call them that) talking about their medical problems (can't shake his cold but seeing a doctor) and their legal troubles (he's going to sue).

Here's the Rankin County frequency if anyone wants to listen, but I'm not sure if I should open a thread for it yet.

https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/ctid/1457/web

Was just pondering the situation....it is possible these parents don't have a phone.

Holy smokes, that is a rural area. I totally believe that the little girl could have wandered off and got lost. Hey Silky, remember that darling little girl that vanished from her house while her dad was taking a nap? Most suspected the worst (including myself), but she was found unharmed the next day. The little trooper survived being lost in the woods overnight in very frigid temperatures, in fact so frigid that people didn't expect her to survive overnight and some were beginning to call it a recovery effort.

Hoping there will be a similar outcome for this baby!

Yes I remember that and there was another case with a sad ending unfortunately but the little boy was found 3 miles from his house, he died from exposure or heat i can;'t remember. It shows how far a little one can go though. Lets hope this one has the good ending you reminded me of.

I feel for the police and searchers who are having to look in trash cans, ditches and underwater for this poor baby. The quote for the mom in which she emphasized that she was not worried about pressing charges is now missing form the the article posted last night. Leaving a toddler outside to play without constant close supervision by a responsible older teen or a responsible adult is foolish and neglectful. If the fathers story is to be believed, he did not check on her in a timely manner either. Many hours later the police were finally called in and now mom will be fine if they just bring her back, no questions asked. Way too much going on here, in my opinion. I don't know who knows what, but I think we don't have the whole story.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know how I feel about this one. I guess I'll wait for more news. I sure hope she's safe. She sure is a cutie. :(

. However, I would think if she was gone past lunch time, the dad would had to of gotten food for the children unless one was old enough to do it instead.
This isn't much of an issue if Dad assumed Myra went with Mom; older kids come inside, he thinks that mom took Myra with her at the last minute for one reason or another, he makes lunch for the kids who are "supposed" to be home. Mom gets back after a few hours of shopping, parents realise she's gone, they search for her at first (and sometimes what seems like a few minutes of panic is longer than that), then call the police.

Given the information available, we can't rule out the parents. HOWEVER, if the kids are old enough to be out without hovering than I think it's a stupidly huge risk to take claiming she disappeared like that. There's no way my kids wouldn't happily announce that Youngest went with mommy, or Youngest was NOT playing with them and they hadn't seen her/she was in bed/whatever. There's a reason the parents going for a coverup favour the middle of the night abduction lie, because kids are the best and the worst witnesses. Is it a surefire deduction? Absolutely not, but it does give the parents' story some weight in my opinion.

I'm on the coast & ever since WLOX reported this little girl missing I have been worried sick. I have two little ones, 3 & 5 and if they're out of my sight without me knowing where they are for any length of time I panic.

Governor Bryant issued a state of emergency last night because there was some pretty bad storms that were suppose to come through. They were saying that they were expecting ice in the northern part of the state.

http://www.wlox.com/story/24865256/ms-governor-issues-state-of-emergency-in-preparation-for-storms

I hope this precious baby is found safe & soon but I have a bad feeling about this one & I pray that I'm wrong.

We had some really rough wind and rain late last night. All I could think about was this baby girl. I think if we knew the ages of the other children it would shed more light on the possibilities. That area had a light sprinkle of tiny snow this morning. Just enough to see a little collected in the edge of you're windshield, though. Some have said a bit of freezing rain.

Looking at the area they live in, it's completely possible that the mom ran several errands at that time. We do have a lot of rural area here in MS and it's just commonplace for people who live "out in the sticks" to go to town on their day off and get their errands done for the week. Camden is an unincorporated area right in between Yazoo City, Canton and Kosciusko and they look to be a good drive from all three of those towns.

I would be surprised if the Rankin Co. scanner had anything on it but you never know. Madison and Rankin counties share a DA.

I'm really hoping they find her before noon today. As many old-timers and good folks around here say, I'm speaking it into existence!!

Does anyone know if the sister she was with is old enough to give correct information?

It's snowing at my house right now. :( it's not likely to stick, but this can't be good if she's lost in the woods

:please:.

The lack of news about this sweet baby is frustrating. There was a little girl taken from her classroom about an hour away from Camden last year. She got a good bit more news coverage IIRC. Ultimately the kidnapper and accomplices were arrested and the little girl found safe in that case, she was kidnapped over a land dispute. I just wish we had more MSM for little Myra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member