Identified! MS - Pascagoula, WhtFem Child 45UFMS "Delta Dawn", 1-3, Dog River @I-10, Dec'82 - Alisha Heinrich

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The people who threw this baby over the bridge should be held accountable for their actions.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/45ufms.html

The Doe Network:
Case File 45UFMS

45UFMS.jpg
45UFMS2.jpg
45UFMS1.jpg

Sketches of Victim; Right sketch by Wes Neville
Unidentified White Female
  • Located on December 5, 1982 in Escatawpa, Jackson County, Mississippi.
  • Estimated Date of Death: 36 and 48 hours before her body was found.
  • Cause of death was homicide

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 18 months to 2 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 2'6" - 76 cm; 20 - 25 lbs - 11 kg.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Strawberry blonde hair; either brown or blue eyes, due to the cloudiness of the eyes.
  • Dentals: 12 baby teeth had grown in at the time of her death.
  • Clothing: The victim was discovered wearing a Cradle Togs' pink and white dress which buttoned in the back and a disposable diaper. Some reports say that she was wearing a red and white checkered dress (or shirt).
If you have any information concerning this child's identity or the circumstances surrounding her homicide, please contact:
Jackson County Sheriff's Department
Capt. Mick Sears
228-769-3063

Agency Case Number:
82-21094
NCMEC #: NCMU400053
All information may be submitted on an anonymous basis.

From the doenetwork page:

Authorities speculate the woman may have thrown the child into the water and then jumped. The baby still had a breath of life because she had sucked in some of the murky water into her lungs.
It is unclear if the body of the woman was recovered.

How can it be "unclear" if the body of the woman was recovered? Even if the body floated really far downstream, I'm sure investigators at the time would keep an ear out for reports of any IUD females being found remotely close to that location.

Perhaps it is just the way the report on doenetwork has worded it, but I find that statement odd and confusing.

That said, the question remains obvious. What did happen to the body of the adult someone reported seeing? I find it very hard to believe that someone could mistake the body of a little toddler for that of an adult, even from a distance. This case is very puzzling.

Katrice Lee Majors could be a potential match. Look her up on the Doe Network. Both children look incredibly similar, same forehead, cheeks, smile, teeth, eyes, (the puffy sort of rounded thing under their eyes), both had curly hair... Wondering if someone dyed the Jane Doe's hair blond, because the other little girl had dark brown. But other than that, they look strikingly similar, the photo of Katrice and the composites of our Jane Doe. I wish I knew had to post a photo, but I do not, so I can just tell all interested in this case to look Katrice Lee up on the doe network. Let me know what you all think.

Are these the same child? I believe they are. If they are, than our body of the little girl is really the body of a child that went missing from Germany about one year before the body was found. Katrice was just turning two that day she went missing. A little less than 1 yr later, a body, the body of this girl was found in a river in Mississippi after a truck driver called it in.

Attachments

• KMajor.jpg
    KMajor.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 171
  • NCMU400053c1.jpg
    NCMU400053c1.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 111
Laura Bean; Yes I see the striking resemblance of these two children. But, I'm wondering how would Katrice Major have gotten to Mississippi from Germany???
Could the kidnapper have been military? Did the parents notify LE immediately?
Wouldn't there have been a "lookout" for someone leaving the area with a child, by plane?
I realize that in 1981, they may not have had to have a passport for the child, but still, it wouldn't be that easy, even then, to have whisked her away to the USA.
I also know that in 1981, every parent was more informed about kidnapping, than earlier years, media was more likely to follow these types of things. I certainly was, my daughter was born in 1981, so I prepared kits for both my children, then updated them every year.
Has anyone contacted Interpol, about this Baby Doe? I'm willing to help, in anyway, just let me know what you would need me to do.

Just wanted to let you all know, I have sent this in to all agencys involved as a possible match to Megan Ginevicz, her case is here : http://doj.mt.gov/enforcement/missingpersons/searchdetail.aspx?RecordKey=4574
They are so similar in looks, to me, that I actually cried for Megan (already cried about Delta Dawn) and am praying for her family! This case is a heart breaker for sure and one that has had me waking up in the middle of the night looking for possibles! Megan would have been 46 months old(actually one week shy of 47 months) when this happened and I considered the possibilty of it not being her because of that, thinking an almost 4 year old would have more than 12 teeth, however, I went back and looked at my journal for my Grands and I had counted one of my grandbabys teeth at that age and they had 14 at that age (Pediatrician says sometimes they are late getting their jaw teeth in) so I started searching for the years preceeding the death of Delta Dawn..... *sigh*
The latest article I read about this child is here: http://www.nbc15online.com/news/cus...-of-Baby-Jane-Doe/yHj9NtD2DEud_SVIIT6BDw.cspx (video here, too) The detectives were trying to find the trucker that spotted this baby in the river to re-interview him! I haven't found anything more about whether they did or didn't locate him, the story was written in Feb. 2008!
I will post here when I know something more!!
Here's the side by side photo;

Attachments

• 45UFMS2 Baby Jane Found Dec82 MS and MeghanG.jpg
    45UFMS2 Baby Jane Found Dec82 MS and MeghanG.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 156
possible matches:

http://charleyproject.org/cases/g/ginevicz_megan.html
about 2 years older than this little one, but the resemblance is striking.

that's the only possible match i found on charley project....

I agree with the runaway theory, although, sadly, it means this little one will probably never be identified.

I also wonder if this is another Jaycee Dugard situation - mom had been abducted, and held captive, had a baby by her rapist, and decided to take the little girl and run.

i really wish we knew more about the mother though...that's the real key to figuring out who she is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stlemed19
Back