Identified! MS - Pascagoula, WhtFem Child 45UFMS "Delta Dawn", 1-3, Dog River @I-10, Dec'82 - Alisha Heinrich

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’m assuming so, the family has since deleted their posts regarding Delta Dawn.
They probably were advised to by LE not to hinder investigation. That being said, does that mean they found out more info then they are letting on?

I remember when Denise Beaudin's case had a major break. They said very little at first just saying she got linked to the Bear Brooks murder case and they wouldn't say how. Ended up being WAY more complicated then just that. They made it seem like she was the adult victim (Marlyse).

For all we know LE could have a Doe case that wasn't publicly listed and Gwen is getting matched to them right now. And they may even have an idea if who the killer was.

They probably were advised to by LE not to hinder investigation. That being said, does that mean they found out more info then they are letting on?

I remember when Denise Beaudin's case had a major break. They said very little at first just saying she got linked to the Bear Brooks murder case and they wouldn't say how. Ended up being WAY more complicated then just that. They made it seem like she was the adult victim (Marlyse).

For all we know LE could have a Doe case that wasn't publicly listed and Gwen is getting matched to them right now. And they may even have an idea if who the killer was.
i thought it wasn't confirmed re. G. and that the mod. said not to mention her name yet and also she has her own thread.

i thought it wasn't confirmed re. G. and that the mod. said not to mention her name yet and also she has her own thread.
Her name hasn't been snipped by mods yet in this thread. I think mods were referring to Dawn's real name that was posted and quickly taken down and Gwen's name remained. It was just posted in her thread that they updated her NamUs that she was possibly sighted in Jackson County MS on Dec 3rd.

Her name hasn't been snipped by mods yet in this thread. I think mods were referring to Dawn's real name that was posted and quickly taken down and Gwen's name remained. It was just posted in her thread that they updated her NamUs that she was possibly sighted in Jackson County MS on Dec 3rd.
oh ok.

The deltas in this area have a tendency to seem to swallow bodies whole and maybe turning up a bone or two years years later. There was a jumper from a local bridge last January. They never found him. Most assumed the mud and silt buried him from the force of his impact. There are a good number of unidentified bodies along the coast that are just tossed off many of the bridges that run a long the coastal areas. Warm water, Alligators, and currents make it an easy dumping area for anyone and the water helps to dispose of other evidence.

The deltas in this area have a tendency to seem to swallow bodies whole and maybe turning up a bone or two years years later. There was a jumper from a local bridge last January. They never found him. Most assumed the mud and silt buried him from the force of his impact. There are a good number of unidentified bodies along the coast that are just tossed off many of the bridges that run a long the coastal areas. Warm water, Alligators, and currents make it an easy dumping area for anyone and the water helps to dispose of other evidence.
This is interesting! It makes me wonder how it wasn't the other way around (with Mom only being found) since Dawn's body was smaller and seemingly more easily lost in those waters.

I wonder what could cause the Mom's body to be visible one moment and disappear shortly after. Especially if it was supposedly floating for 2 days. If they found alligators during their search they would probably check their stomachs. They dragged the bottom of the river during their search and found a unrelated UID male.

I also wonder about the time it took authorites to get there after the call. Was it reported immediately or did the caller wait. IMO I have heard of killers 'discovering' their own victims remains after they haven't been discovered by anyone else yet (James Lee Crummel). Could be she was long gone in those waters by the time he actually reported it. I especially wonder how he could detail her clothing. I hate to sound morbid but I have seen crime scene photos of victims submerged in water and it is hard to clearly tell what they are wearing due to the clothing being wet and or damaged. Also if she was found face down how did he know she was female? A plaid shirt and jeans is pretty gender neutral.

This is interesting! It makes me wonder how it wasn't the other way around (with Mom only being found) since Dawn's body was smaller and seemingly more easily lost in those waters.
If she got caught on debris and stuck her body is lighter and less likely to see as much movement. The mom would have weighed more and applied more pressure to either dislodge the debris pile or be less likely to be stuck due to the weight.

That would explain how they found the other man who was found while conducting the search for Dawn's mother. He had been in there for months-years.

If Gwen had been washed out to the Gulf Of Mexico, then why was the other man there for years?

He was found to be buried if I remember correctly.
I hate to sound morbid but since he was sketetal my thinking is he was killed in warmer months and decomposed faster then sunk to where he was found. Great question!

I know and I’m. It accusing you of it-sometimes my words come across in the wrong way. I’m just saying there are so many reasons plus
y words come across wrong many times. I wasn't accusing you of judging then just pointing out how many possibilities there are. Then there are times you can’t get law enforcement to help. When they wouldn’t pick up my daughter I asked them why is it I can get in trouble if she doesn't go to school or she. Reals the law but I can’t get you to help me? Of course they just go hummed around so that’s one big problem right there. I kept calling supervisors until I bit the crooked sheriff who was coincidently in hot water over other things and since “retired” or tbh he was to he was gone one way or another. I am sorry if my words came out accusatory because that’s not how they were intended

Dear Oginalii,
Thank you Kindly for the information you've posted. I wanted to encourage you to please verify with mods.

WKRG | Sheriff to announce new information in "Baby Jane Doe" death case nearly 4 decades old

Update: Sheriff to announce new information in "Baby Delta Dawn" death case nearly 4 decades old. Press conference scheduled on Friday December 4, on her 38th anniversary of being found ✨
===
PASCAGOULA, #Mississippi - The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office says it will release new information this week on a child death mystery that has haunted the area for nearly 4 decades. “Baby Jane Doe” was a child who was found floating in a river on December 5th 1982.
According to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, “on December 5, 1982, the body of an unidentified child was found in thick brush along the Escatawpa River, beneath the Westbound lanes of Interstate 10 in Jackson County, MS. The body was that of a white female, approximately 18 months old. She had been deceased less than two days before being found. The child was approximately 2-5” tall and weighed around 25 pounds. Her eye color was indecipherable but was possibly brown or blue. Her hair color was strawberry blonde......

Authorities said Baby Jane was approximately 18-months old when she died. The child was buried in Pascagoula after investigators could not identify the girl.

Her body was exhumed in 2008 to extract DNA for the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System and the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children databases, but no matches were made.

Investigators said no new details about the case will be revealed before Friday's news conference, but in October, Baby Jane's profile was removed from National Missing and Unidentified Persons System.
Investigators to release new information in case of Baby Jane Doe found dead in 1982 | News | fox10tv.com

upload_2020-12-3_14-36-57.jpeg
Baby Jane’s body now lies interred at Jackson County Memorial Park thanks to a Jackson County deputy and his wife who stepped forward to give her a proper funeral and burial. Her grave bears the inscriptions: “Baby Jane” and “Known Only To God.”

The Update
Now, after years of speculation and concern over Baby Jane, authorities say they have an update on the case. Jackson County Sheriff’s Department will hold a press conference on Friday, Dec. 5, 2020, to release that update. No information has yet been released about what that update will be. bbm

You can watch the press conference streaming live on WLOX.com and the WLOX News app.

Delta Dawn: Authorities to give update on case of unidentified child found dead in 1982

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kagguk
Back