Found Deceased MS - Philip Whitaker, 54, Harrison County, 8 Nov 2017 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
RIP Philip 🥀

Whitaker died from a gunshot wound, according to the Orleans Parish coroner's office.

Authorities at the Hancock County Sheriff's Office are asking for the public's help in locating the maroon 2002 Toyota Sienna van that Whitaker was last seen driving.
The van had Mississippi plates with the number KAG 619.

https://articles.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/11/carpet-wrapped_body_found_on_i_1.amp

http://www.wwltv.com/mobile/article...10-confirmed-to-be-missing-miss-man/493360826

19771fbcf1a1c175d921021e03d809b2.jpg

They are not sharing any ideas they have for a motive that I see. How very sad for this man.

Must be mud or something, huh? I mean he was not far over the la/ ms border to start and he was found less than an hour from the state line. So, it seems weird that evidence could be claimed as Mississippi or lousiana, per se. Illegal mud crossing maybe. ; )

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Must be mud or something, huh? I mean he was not far over the la/ ms border to start and he was found less than an hour from the state line. So, it seems weird that evidence could be claimed as Mississippi or lousiana, per se. Illegal mud crossing maybe. ; )

I wonder what they aren' t sharing? I do hope they find who is responsible. I wonder where his missing van is?

I wonder what they aren' t sharing? I do hope they find who is responsible. I wonder where his missing van is?

Two confess to murder: http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/11/father_and_son_confess_to_kill.html

father and son from Kiln, Miss., are in custody on the Mississippi Gulf Coast after authorities there said the pair confessed to killing a Diamondhead man and dumping his body last week in New Orleans East.

The body of 54-year-old Philip Sherman Whitaker was found Wednesday (Nov. 15) wrapped in carpet on the Interstate 10 eastbound on-ramp at Michoud Boulevard after a motorist called to report a piece of rolled up carpet on the roadway, according to the New Orleans Police Department. Whitaker's driver's license was found on the body, the Sun-Herald reports, and the body was decomposed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two confess to murder: http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/11/father_and_son_confess_to_kill.html

father and son from Kiln, Miss., are in custody on the Mississippi Gulf Coast after authorities there said the pair confessed to killing a Diamondhead man and dumping his body last week in New Orleans East.

The body of 54-year-old Philip Sherman Whitaker was found Wednesday (Nov. 15) wrapped in carpet on the Interstate 10 eastbound on-ramp at Michoud Boulevard after a motorist called to report a piece of rolled up carpet on the roadway, according to the New Orleans Police Department. Whitaker's driver's license was found on the body, the Sun-Herald reports, and the body was decomposed.

Hancock County Sheriff's Office Deputy Chief Don Bass said. NOPD spokesman Aaron Looney said Hancock County has taken over the investigation following the development.

Bass said Whitaker was longtime friends with Carl Smith. Whitaker was visiting Carl Smith at Carl Smith's home in Kiln when the two friends and Terry Smith got into some type of dispute, Bass said. Terry Smith shot Whitaker three times, Bass said, and the father and son then "wrapped the body up in a carpet, and disposed of it in New Orleans East."

Whitaker's vehicle was recovered this week from Poplarville, Bass said, adding investigators believe the father and son might have left the vehicle there, "and from there went to dump the body."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad they have who did this to him.
2d41860a7df651a1cdbc7fd0d69e7bba.jpg

"Friends". I was thinking he must have gone somewhere and it was someone he knew. How tragic. What could you possibly argue Bout that would make you shoot someone?? Horrible.

It's amazing how much the older Smith does not look like a murderer.

It sounds like a completely senseless death.
Rest in peace, Mr. Whitaker.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back