MS-Pilot threatens to crash plan into Walmart in Tupelo.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Attachments

• 4436A55C-D3E1-4399-93F5-381AD843B59A.jpeg
    4436A55C-D3E1-4399-93F5-381AD843B59A.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Multiple law enforcement, airport and local authorities have identified the subject as Cory Patterson of Shannon.
Patterson is a 2011 Tupelo High School graduate.

A Cory Patterson believed to be the suspect posted on Facebook Saturday morning, "Sorry everyone. Never actually wanted to hurt anyone. I love my parents and sister this isn't your fault. Goodbye."

The plane has landed in Ashland and the pilot is alive.

Thanks for the update. Didn't sound like the kind of person who would deliberately crash.

Looks like he landed in the middle of a big field of corn or something. Can only get there on foot? He'll probably try to escape and hide. JMO

ETA: Its a soybean field. Someone is plowing a path with an ATV

Last edited:
They should probably get some scent dogs out there.

Unofficial word says pilot is in custody. We'll see. Tired of these domestic terrorists. JMO

Pilot Cory Patterson of Shannon. Assume that's MS. Officers are walking farther out into field, away from plane. Someone on ATV. I hope they have him in custody.

Last edited:
I'm just so relieved the plane came down in a safe way and without hurting anyone, including the pilot. Whatever his troubles were, he's reacted terribly but he seems to have done the right thing in the end, and I'm grateful for that for all the scared people in the area, for his family, and for him.

Still see officers walking around toward the trees behind the plane. News reporter confirmed again, sheriff says he is in custody. FAA takes over the investigation. Pilot is in big trouble now. He'll be facing federal charges and likely won't see the outside of a jail cell for some time.

ETA: The reason I'm posting this is because this guy was threatening to fly the plane into a Walmart filled with hundreds of people on a busy Saturday morning. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
They should probably get some scent dogs out there.

Unofficial word says pilot is in custody. We'll see. Tired of these domestic terrorists. JMO

Pilot Cory Patterson of Shannon. Assume that's MS. Officers are walking farther out into field, away from plane. Someone on ATV. I hope they have him in custody.

I understand that it is viewed as domestic terrorism, but I view these situations as true “mental health crisis”. And remembering Richard Russell, too. There is a lot of hopelessness in these cases.

Still see officers walking around toward the trees behind the plane. News reporter confirmed again, sheriff says he is in custody. FAA takes over the investigation. Pilot is in big trouble now. He'll be facing federal charges and likely won't see the outside of a jail cell for some time.

This could have resulted in many people being killed or injured. Domestic terrorism for certain.

He should be locked up for a long time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back