MS MS - Rebecca Paulk, 26, Lauderdale County, 7 Sept 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
26 year old Demopolis woman missing since Labor Day
According to Rebecca Henderson Paulk's family, friends and family last saw Paulk on Labor Day around 7 p.m. in Meridian, MS. Paulk's mother said she had a report that Rebecca was seen at a business in Meridian on Sept. 8.

Paulk's car was found abandoned near Whynot in Lauderdale County, MS, on Sept. 9.

The vigil is planned for Thursday at 7 p.m. at First Baptist Church of Demopolis.

Paulk's parents, Wes and Janet Henderson, are offering a $5,000 reward for information that leads to finding their daughter.
http://m.wsfa.com/wsfa/db_330846/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=5co18lSw

I looked at this young woman's FB page and something jumped out at me. I see back in the spring she started a new job as a "service master" with a company called Rock Tenn. She says (this is her verbatim comment) "It's a cleaning crew. They clean offices and stuff like that."

At my old law firm, we handled a civil case with a horrible set of facts. A woman working late in her office building was brutally attacked and raped by someone on the cleaning crew. The company who supplied the labor was sued because they did not conduct adequate background checks on this employee, and if they had done so, would have discovered several arrests for violent offenses. Fortunately this woman survived and her physical injuries mostly healed, but she almost died. She did win a significant judgment against the company to pay for her medical bills, loss of income, etc.

What I learned from that is that sometimes members of cleaning crews are hired without adequate background checks, especially if the company is short on people. I'm sure it's an angle law enforcement is considering. It is possible a person on her crew (or a former crew member) could be responsible.

9/15 interview with parents.
[video=youtube;NG4vfFpKCe4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG4vfFpKCe4[/video]

Just read about this today on Daily Mail. I hope the police are triangulating her cell phone if it is still working. The fact that the cell phone is missing makes this really suspicious.

The news articles state she hasn't been seen since shortly after leaving her parents home in Meridian, MS on the 7th and her abandoned car was found on the 8th near Whynot, MS. If you check google maps, Whynot, MS is not on the route she would have taken to return to Demopolis, AL. It's southeast of Meridian, while Demopolis is northeast.

Something tells me they'll find her phone somewhere between Whynot and Meridian. Hopefully, they'll check video from any businesses located along Rt 19 on the way out of Meridian. The area beyond there is pretty isolated.

or someone working late in the building...

I looked at this young woman's FB page and something jumped out at me. I see back in the spring she started a new job as a "service master" with a company called Rock Tenn. She says (this is her verbatim comment) "It's a cleaning crew. They clean offices and stuff like that."

At my old law firm, we handled a civil case with a horrible set of facts. A woman working late in her office building was brutally attacked and raped by someone on the cleaning crew. The company who supplied the labor was sued because they did not conduct adequate background checks on this employee, and if they had done so, would have discovered several arrests for violent offenses. Fortunately this woman survived and her physical injuries mostly healed, but she almost died. She did win a significant judgment against the company to pay for her medical bills, loss of income, etc.

What I learned from that is that sometimes members of cleaning crews are hired without adequate background checks, especially if the company is short on people. I'm sure it's an angle law enforcement is considering. It is possible a person on her crew (or a former crew member) could be responsible.

This article states the police found a phone in the area of her car, but don't know if it belongs to her.

http://wjtv.com/2015/09/16/police-searching-for-missing-alabama-woman-whose-car-was-found-in-mississippi/

Hopefully, they know by now if its hers. It shouldn't be too difficult to determine, right? Just power it up and look for the phone number.

ETA: There's also no news of whether the police have organized a search of the area. That would certainly help. I'm sure they could get a lot of people to volunteer.

or someone working late in the building...

The more I look at the timeline, the less likely that seems.

She was at her parents house Labor Day weekend. They last saw her that Monday, the 7th. According to news reports, her car was found on Tuesday the 8th, in an area about 20 minutes southeast of Meridian. Demopolis, where she lived and worked, is about 60 miles to the northeast of Meridian. It doesn't seem likely she would have had time to return to Demopolis and report for work, then have her car and belongings discovered some 70 miles away the same day. IMO, she didn't make it back to Demopolis before disappearing.

I have the feeling someone intercepted her in Meridian that evening.

Someone who followed her to Meridian

Someone who she communicated with and arranged to meet in Meridian

Someone who saw her there in Meridian and decided to lure her away on the spur of the moment

I hope they've checked her credit card and bank records to see if they've been accessed or used. I can't see her leaving willingly without her purse, computer, cell phone, etc.

Here's a link to a Google Map of the area. It shows Demopolis, AL, Meridian, MS, Whynot, MS and Linden, AL. One of the news links above from Demopolis stated she lived in Linden, AL, so I added it. If true, its possible she traveled to and from her parents' home in Meridian by the smaller roads on a southerly route, which would have her passing the Whynot Racetrack.

https://goo.gl/maps/qbv4O

Hope the link works.

If she went missing in Meredian, MS and she lives in Dermopolis, AL. I can't really see her former husband/boyfriend doing anything unless he followed her there or is from there etc.

jmo.

Something could have happened to her elsewhere and the cat dumped in the ditch in the next state to throw things off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I haven't found any new information. I do believe LE is keeping this one close to the vest.

Subscribed..

The fact that her car was found abandoned & all her belongings were left in the car, it doesn't sound good to me.

Why would someone leave all of their belongings in the car? I think she was the target. Just my opinion.

Where's her husband/ex husband? A comment was mentioned above about someone asking her was she getting divorced. Why would and why did they ask that? Has he spoken out?

Also, the phone that was found in the area of the car. Who's was it? That's pretty important information in my opinion. If it is hers, she could have been arranging to meet somebody? Or someone could have dropped it in a struggle/fight, etc.

Search On For Missing Alabama Woman
rebecca-henderson-paulk.jpg

http://www.wcbi.com/local-news/search-on-for-missing-alabama-woman/

A quote from the link above

The Marengo County District Attorney said Drug Task Force Agents as well as the State Bureau of Investigation are assisting in the search efforts.

Is it normal for Drug Task Force Agents to get involved in a missing person case?

A quote from the link above

Is it normal for Drug Task Force Agents to get involved in a missing person case?

I wonder if she was going to testify against someone with drug charges...

Oh and I'm a long time lurker and new member. This site is fascinating.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back