MS MS - Shondra May, 17, Forest, 4 Feb 1986

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thirty-four years ago yesterday on February 26, 1986, the body of Shondra May, 17, was found in a creek in Hinds County. I was just a year ahead of her in school and was a freshman in college. She went to Leake Academy in Scott County. She was a senior in high school and had disappeared on February 4 after leaving work at the McDonald's in Forest. Her case is still unsolved.

I will never forget this girl. Though I never knew her, we lived the same kind of small town life just a county away from each other. Her disappearance and subsequent murder was something uncommon, unholy and a nightmare for the innocent and good people who lived in our small towns back then.

Someone out there knows something.

Never forget Shondra May and if you know something, please say something. Bring her killer to justice. It is not too late.

I still believe someone knows something but is afraid to tell. I miss my home State, but don't miss the back room hand shakes that take place in a lot of small towns.

Rest in heavenly peace Shondra. We still haven't forgotten and won't stop fighting.
Thirty-four years ago yesterday on February 26, 1986, the body of Shondra May, 17, was found in a creek in Hinds County. I was just a year ahead of her in school and was a freshman in college. She went to Leake Academy in Scott County. She was a senior in high school and had disappeared on February 4 after leaving work at the McDonald's in Forest. Her case is still unsolved.

I will never forget this girl. Though I never knew her, we lived the same kind of small town life just a county away from each other. Her disappearance and subsequent murder was something uncommon, unholy and a nightmare for the innocent and good people who lived in our small towns back then.

Someone out there knows something.

Never forget Shondra May and if you know something, please say something. Bring her killer to justice. It is not too late.

I am the daughter of Karl Strahan and Magaline Cooley Jeffries. My dad was cleared by DNA evidence. Please leave that theory alone! I love my parents regardless of what the hell they’ve put on me. But as their daughter, I suggest looking at my mother a little closer. That woman was brutal to us kids growing up. She knows things that were never released to the public. I’ve read the papers. She claims the FBI told her stuff. I doubt that somehow they would release information of this nature to a family member of the main suspect. Now I don’t remember anything. I was only 2 at the time. She is obsessed with pinning that murder on my father though. That woman does like beating people’s with a belt. She has come at me with a knife once… her own child! Im not saying she’s guilty, but I wouldn’t be one bit surprised if she played a role in Maria Smith or even this girl. All I know is she’s obsessed with these cases!

As the daughter of Karl Strahan believe me when I say, It’s not my father! He was cleared by DNA! Look at my mother she knew details and specifics about how the body was found that she shouldn’t know! She claims the FBI agent of the case told her about the details of the refrigerator or freezer. And do not trust H Rabideau. That woman tried taking my kid with a false claim to CYS to find out years later she apparently punished my son once for asking to go home by forcing him under water when he was 5 and then said I love you cutie! My almost 18 year old son wants nothing to do with my mother or her ex wife.

Last edited:
As the daughter of Karl Strahan believe me when I say, It’s not my father! He was cleared by DNA! Look at my mother she knew details and specifics about how the body was found that she shouldn’t know! She claims the FBI agent of the case told her about the details of the refrigerator or freezer. And do not trust H Rabideau. That woman tried taking my kid with a false claim to CYS to find out years later she apparently punished my son once for asking to go home by forcing him under water when he was 5 and then said I love you cutie! My almost 18 year old son wants nothing to do with my mother or her ex wife.
I just think it needs clarifying here that no one has been cleared by DNA evidence in the case of the abduction and murder of Shondra May. But if you or anyone else has a verifiable link to anything stating otherwise I would be most interested in reading that.

I just think it needs clarifying here that no one has been cleared by DNA evidence in the case of the abduction and murder of Shondra May. But if you or anyone else has a verifiable link to anything stating otherwise I would be most interested in reading that.
Quill, you are correct no one has been cleared by DNA evidence

A new Facebook page has been created by Shondra’s investigation team. It’s named Shondra May Murder Investigation. This investigation team is working diligently and it seems to me is working harder on solving the case than anyone has in recent years. I talk with them and meet with them regularly.

A new Facebook page has been created by Shondra’s investigation team. It’s named Shondra May Murder Investigation. This investigation team is working diligently and it seems to me is working harder on solving the case than anyone has in recent years. I talk with them and meet with them regularly.
This is great news. Please keep us posted. I pray that justice and peace can be brought forth for Shondra and your family.

I saw this yesterday and cried. This has been a long time coming and I pray that they actually arrest someone.
Same. I watched with tears in my eyes. I just hope justice will be served and served swiftly and bring any peace possible to her brother.

New developments!! On tonights 6pm news. They are close. They have a suspect.

I think it is fantastic news that LE has possibly identified the monster responsible for Shondra’s murder.

But I hate these kinds of “we’re close, closer than we’ve ever been” (or even worse, the “you better be afraid” LE announcements and articles covering those announcements. I guess we don’t know if there are any behind the scenes reasons for the announcement, but unless the perp is dead, or unless LE is hoping to use the article to prompt some kind of action by the perp, what does LE possibly gain (with regard to any future prosecution in furtherance of justice) by revealing that they’re really close, closer than ever, just about to get him?

Again, unless the perp is dead, wouldn’t such an announcement give the perp a heads up to possibly: 1.) hide evidence, 2.) go on the run, or, 3.) commit suicide if he doesn’t wish to face life in jail?

Updates are great, but saying we’re just on the precipice of making an arrest like really soon seems pointless and possible unwise. I’d much rather read that they have solved the case and already arrested a perp who will spend the rest of his days in a cage.

Jmo

Last edited:
I think it is fantastic news that LE has possibly identified the monster responsible for Shondra’s murder.

But I hate these kinds of “we’re close, closer than we’ve ever been” (or even worse, the “you better be afraid” LE announcements and articles covering those announcements. I guess we don’t know if there are any behind the scenes reasons for the announcement, but unless the perp is dead, or unless LE is hoping to use the article to prompt some kind of action by the perp, what does LE possibly gain (with regard to any future prosecution in furtherance of justice) by revealing that they’re really close, closer than ever, just about to get him?

Again, unless the perp is dead, wouldn’t such an announcement give the perp a heads up to possibly: 1.) hide evidence, 2.) go on the run, or, 3.) commit suicide if he doesn’t wish to face life in jail?

Updates are great, but saying we’re just on the precipice of making an arrest like really soon seems pointless and possible unwise. I’d much rather read that they have solved the case and already arrested a perp who will spend the rest of his days in a cage.

Jmo
I feel where you are coming from, but I must say that this is the first time they have done this with this case. I think the keys are that Sheriff Lee used the word "science" along with getting more information from witnesses than they had before. People are willing to talk now and that slight mention of the word "science" could well mean that the technology has now advanced enough to reveal much more than they had in the past. I don't ever recall ever hearing any LE officials use the singular term "suspect" in the media before with this case. They usually have only done a yearly update in the news on the anniversary of her kidnapping/birthday and I don't think they have even done that except the last few years as they ramped up with the retired investigators.

With all due respect, there is something different about this.

I feel where you are coming from, but I must say that this is the first time they have done this with this case. I think the keys are that Sheriff Lee used the word "science" along with getting more information from witnesses than they had before. People are willing to talk now and that slight mention of the word "science" could well mean that the technology has now advanced enough to reveal much more than they had in the past. I don't ever recall ever hearing any LE officials use the singular term "suspect" in the media before with this case. They usually have only done a yearly update in the news on the anniversary of her kidnapping/birthday and I don't think they have even done that except the last few years as they ramped up with the retired investigators.

With all due respect, there is something different about this.
Yes, I agree there is something different about this. That LE is using language they have not used before. It is great news, as it suggests that LE has a suspect in mind. Just because it is great news though imo doesn’t mean it should have been shared before the suspect was arrested

I think you may have misunderstood my post (maybe it was poorly worded, idk). I only meant to say that the announcement was premature, not that it was insignificant: why make such an announcement BEFORE they make an arrest - if indeed they are planning to make one?

Announcing that they have a suspect in mind prior to any arrest would seem to give the suspect a chance to flee or commit suicide to avoid punishment. I just don’t want to see justice denied. So imo: make the arrest first

Because they did make the announcement prior to an arrest, I can only conclude that the suspect is already dead.

Jmo

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member