MS MS - Wiggins, 'Ms. Wiggins', WhtFem 32-46, UP11583, likely muscular & physically active, Oct'80

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
16 Missing Person Exclusions
MP42455 Ingrid Anderson 05/20/1971 Contra Costa CA
MP13006 Janis Bullock 05/28/1977 Pearl River MS
MP8297 Colleen Burgess 08/31/1974 Arapahoe CO
MP14829 Peggy Decoteau 07/04/1979 Mineral MT
MP17213 Delores Griffin 10/24/1975 Will IL
MP24430 Barbara Jackson 09/01/1979 Fairbanks North Star AK
MP12791 Mary Levitz 11/18/1995 Warren MS
MP51376 Marie Morgan 05/10/1980 Clark NV
MP51376 Marie Morgan 05/10/1980 Clark NV
MP14115 Mary Ann Perez 03/25/1976 St. Bernard LA
MP6635 Suzanne Schultz 12/01/1978 Hillsborough FL
MP9418 Mary Thompson 08/24/1980 Angelina TX
MP13785 Adelaida Vargas 01/31/1980 Miami-Dade FL
MP8814 Beatrice Villela 09/28/1980 Bexar TX
MP21402 Cherry Weaver 02/23/1976 Okaloosa FL
MP11 Jennifer Wyant 06/28/1980 Davidson TN

There's a new exclusion and it's a surprise:

UP2175 Unknown Female 05/09/2000 Merrimack NH

She's not the mother of the unidentified Allenstown murder victim.

I don't think I've ever seen another unidentified person in an exclusions list before.

I don't think I've ever seen another unidentified person in an exclusions list before.
That’s a first for me too. Interesting.

Slightly o/t, but IIRC, St.Louis Jane Doe (1983) and Millie (1984/1998) have other Does in their NamUs exclusions, which could (in the lack of a better term) make sense since they were both dismembered, and not all of their body parts have been found.

A very novice opinion, but I think since the identification of Karlie/Khandalyce in Australia and Bobby Whitt/Myoung Hwa Cho in the US, LEOs are more open to looking at Does less in isolation, even if they are found alone and in different states. Karlie and Khandalyce were found half a country apart, and their surviving family was all the way at the top, while they were at the bottom. If they'd disregarded them as possibilities because of distance and separation, they'd still be Does. And Bobby Whitt and Myoung Hwa Cho were found in different states, and their close family, at least the Asian side, were in Korea. We know that the Bear Brook four were found together, but we also know it's highly likely MC's mother is dead, also, she just wasn't left with the others in that wood. By separating them, their killer bought time, but hopefully, if LEOs keep testing this way, even if there's a great distance between victims, we won't just see these Does coming home, we'll see families brought back together.

Hm, good thought. I noticed the resemblance, but serial killers often prefer a "type" so I thought it was probably just a casual similarity. The ages just about work and they would have been killed at about the same time.
I can't decide if they actually resemble one another, or if it's just that the reconstructions were done by the same artist--they often have a similar look in that case.

Slightly o/t, but IIRC, St.Louis Jane Doe (1983) and Millie (1984/1998) have other Does in their NamUs exclusions, which could (in the lack of a better term) make sense since they were both dismembered, and not all of their body parts have been found.

Yeah, I've seen it with cases of dismembered victims whose cases wind up being combined, and I know of other cases where two unidentified remains were connected (a mother and daughter in CT, for one). I'm sure many other investigations have happened. I've just never seen an exclusion between UIDs actually listed on the public exclusions list.

This is confusing.... the Marie Morgan MP number takes me to Tammy Leppert? Is this a mistake on your part?

This is confusing.... the Marie Morgan MP number takes me to Tammy Leppert? Is this a mistake on your part?
MP51376 takes me to Marie Morgan--is it a different number to which you're referring? Tammy's MP# is MP1376, which is very similar.

Last edited:
MP51376 takes me to Marie Morgan--is it a different number two which you're referring? Tammy's MP# is MP1376, which is very similar.
Ohhhh... I copy pasted it and it didn't copy the 5! Thanks for letting me know!

Yeah, I've seen it with cases of dismembered victims whose cases wind up being combined, and I know of other cases where two unidentified remains were connected (a mother and daughter in CT, for one). I'm sure many other investigations have happened. I've just never seen an exclusion between UIDs actually listed on the public exclusions list.
As for mother-daughter connections, Karlie and Khandalyce here in Australia were both Does, found in different states at different times (years apart). Both were skeletal. When Khandalyce was found in a suitcase on the side of a highway, they entered her DNA in the system and it hit on Karlie, who was her mother, who was a Doe they'd found in a state forest hundreds of kilometers away. It took a media campaigns showing, amongst other things, the handmade quilt found with Khandalyce's remains to find their names and their family. Deception on the part of the killer and his family (welfare fraud, sending text messages asking for no contact) had meant the family thought their disappearance was voluntary.

But yeah, especially with dismemberment and scattered remains, there would have been other rule-in/rule-out for, example, heads... maybe we just don't normally get to see them on the public list, like you said. Because there would have been. Phone call from next town, 'hey, i hear you've got a torso, we've got a head' and they'd check them against each other. I know when you're talking serial killers, for example, you had people like Bundy and Kemper who'd decapitate and deposit remains in different places. I'm just glad they're checking, so that there isn't confusion and remains are getting reunited - or not - and these Does are getting their names back.

I have a good feeling about this Doe. I know it's not scientific, but it feels so solvable to me.

• A Las Vegas newspaper, dated March 14, 1980, was located near her body.
  • The fracture to her right collarbone likely happened in her teens.
  • The condition of her teeth indicate she was either wealthy or “the careful wife of a fairly wealthy man”.
  • She had a stress injury to her spine.
  • She may have been strangled.

The Sun 13 Nov 1980, page 2 - Newspapers.com <I’m adding this because the remains are thought to possibly be related, 1066UFMS>

The Sun 15 Nov 1980, page 6 - Newspapers.com <this article suggests 1066UFMS was a male>

Last edited:
  • A Las Vegas newspaper, dated March 14, 1980, was located near her body.
  • The fracture to her right collarbone likely happened in her teens.
  • The condition of her teeth indicate she was either wealthy or “the careful wife of a fairly wealthy man”.
  • She had a stress injury to her spine.
  • She may have been strangled.

The Sun 13 Nov 1980, page 2 - Newspapers.com <I’m adding this because the remains are thought to possibly be related, 1066UFMS>

The Sun 15 Nov 1980, page 6 - Newspapers.com <this article suggests 1066UFMS was a male>

I guess we can now presume Ms. Wiggins was likely not local to the area, which we already knew was likely as nobody has recognized her. It's also always possible the newspaper didn't belong to her.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back