Found Deceased MT - Jon Keltner, 21, Bozeman 09 May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Penny4YourThoughts

Reaction score
Man reported missing in Bozeman area
The Bozeman Police Department is seeking information on the whereabouts of Jon Keltner, 21. Jon is white with brown hair and blue eyes. Anyone with information can contact the Bozeman Police Department at 406-582-2000, option 6. A message from Jon’s family is below:

Missing: Jon Keltner is Missing and Endangered. He is driving a 1998 Green Dodge Quad Cab with a black grill guard. He was last seen in Bozeman yesterday, Thursday, May 9th. If you have ANY information on the whereabouts of our beloved son please call the Bozeman Police Department.

Thank You,

Keltner Family
---------------------
*Two photos w this link that won't load*

Jon, growing up can be tough. We're told that we're adults when we turn 18. But that's not true. I know people in their 30s who still haven't made it to adulthood. It's okay if you need help. A lot of people do.

A lot of people make a lot of mistakes in their early adult years. You can feel ashamed. You can feel lost or confused. You can feel like the world is going to end and nothing will fix what went wrong. But I'm living proof that it gets better. Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone feels lost. I'm writing this from an electric recliner in my living room. My kids and wife and dog are nearby. Tomorrow, I will go to work at a job where I get to shape young minds and give hope to some kids who don't have much of it. About 20 years ago, I almost threw it all away over a girl. She wasn't worth it. She's been married and divorced four times since I last spoke with her.

Go see your mom, Jon. She loves you.

Jon, growing up can be tough. We're told that we're adults when we turn 18. But that's not true. I know people in their 30s who still haven't made it to adulthood. It's okay if you need help. A lot of people do.

A lot of people make a lot of mistakes in their early adult years. You can feel ashamed. You can feel lost or confused. You can feel like the world is going to end and nothing will fix what went wrong. But I'm living proof that it gets better. Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone feels lost. I'm writing this from an electric recliner in my living room. My kids and wife and dog are nearby. Tomorrow, I will go to work at a job where I get to shape young minds and give hope to some kids who don't have much of it. About 20 years ago, I almost threw it all away over a girl. She wasn't worth it. She's been married and divorced four times since I last spoke with her.

If there were a "love" option, I'd click it on your post. Cheers to you & whatever kept you from going through with it. C'mon Jon.

I guess my message may have been too late. The Bozeman PD Facebook page told me they removed his missing post because they no longer need the public's help in locating him. But I don't think the situation is a positive one, and it's just crushing. So many young men are in need of help these days. We must do better.

In spite of the outcome for Jon, your words meant so much to me. I've dealt with PTSD in my life (I'm a federal agent and have seen some stuff, one really doesn't want to witness) but I always looked ahead to the future knowing the dark days are brief. I'm going to share your words with my grandchildren who are in their teens now. Thank you. Rip Jon - you will be missed.

The story about the search for this young man has been circulating on our local facebook and social media circles. Jon Keltner has been found deceased — see the link below — and the investigation into his disappearance and death has been closed. I have more information but since I do not know him nor his family personally, it would be considered rumor and so I cannot post. This is completely unrelated to Paul’s disappearance, except to any extent that depression and mental illness played a role in Paul’s case. Which of course we do not know. Very sad though.
Missing man found dead near Bozeman
@loreet please continue here. In your opinion what has occurred?

Jonathan Taylor Keltner
1997 - 2019

A Celebration of Life Service for Jonathan Keltner, 21, of Philipsburg, will be at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 18th, 2019, at the Granite High School Gymnasium in Philipsburg with family friend Tom Woods officiating. There will be one hour of visitation prior to the services at the School.

There will be a potluck dinner immediately following the celebration.

Visitation for Jon will be from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Friday, May 17th at Longfellow Finnegan Riddle Funeral Home in Anaconda with two separate prayer services. There will be a Memorial Service with Jon's mother's family at 4:00 p.m. and a prayer service with Jon's father's family at 6:00 p.m.

Jonathan Taylor Keltner went to be with our Lord and Savior on May 9th, 2019, after a courageous battle with depression. He died in a place that he deeply loved, the mountains of Montana. He was ushered into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior where Jon no longer has to endure any more pain, where he can fly fish, hunt, and flash that incredible smile to the full healthy extent it was before his battle began.

Jon was born September 10th, 1997 in Dillon, Montana to Dustin Keltner and Leah Hazel Brown. He attended school in Chester, Arlee, Anaconda, and Philipsburg. Jon graduated from Granite High School in 2016.

Jon may have had the world's kindest heart. He built relationships wherever he went. His contagious smile would light up a room and drew so many people to him. He always made a point to stop and talk to everyone. Family and friends meant everything to Jon. He let the world know that his mother was "his everything" and his Dad was his champion. The special bond he shared with his father cannot be put into words. The love Jon had for his two brothers is the most special and truest kind of love. His spirit, kind heart, and beautiful soul will live on forever in their hearts.

Jon loved the spirit of competition. He was a fierce competitor and his determination on the basketball court was unparalleled. He was always assigned to the competition's best player and fearlessly picked them up with his nose in their chests. His grit and determination rubbed off on all his teammates. He had so many high school memories, but he shared that his favorite was breaking the school record in the mile relay on consecutive seasons during his sophomore and junior year. He loved his teammates and coaches and being a Prospector. He took so much pride putting on the maroon and gold jersey.

Jon has always had a deep love for nature and the wildlife that live in it. He spent most of the early years of his life catching water snakes, frogs, and every "squiggly" bug imaginable. It wasn't long before Jon found his true passion, fly fishing. Jon ALWAYS had "Fish" on his brain. He loved to hunt, but without question, it was fly fishing that drove him farther than anything else. Fly fishing was a form of escapism to him. We all can assume that "real life" seemed to fade away when he was able to get out on the water. His father, brothers, grandfathers, uncles, and close friends will always cherish the time and memories that they were able to share with him doing what he loved.

Those of us who loved him most will forever see him focusing on dry flies in some of his favorite fishing spots with a hope that a fish will rise. Nothing perfect lasts forever. Except in our memories...and I'm sure that a River Runs Through Heaven. We will FOREVER love you our beloved son, brother, grandson, cousin, nephew, and friend.

Jon is survived by his father, Dustin Keltner, his mother and stepfather, Matt and Leah Brown, his brothers Jordan and Cassius Keltner, grandparents Robert and Kathy Keltner, grandparents Butch and Terry Hazel, Grandmother Brenda Goff, Grandmother Pam Brown, Uncles and Aunts, Mackenzie and Christine Keltner (Cassidy), Loren and Erin Hazel (Dylan, Jaxon, Leo), Uncles Jason Keltner (Katlyn, Cameron, Ilana), Vince (Keltner) Hayes (Dillon), and Travis Pearson (Shawn), Sam Burden, Great Uncle and Aunt Pat and Penny Leary, Great Aunt Debbie Cheek, Great Aunt Mary Cheek (CJ) and many beloved cousins, extended family and friends. Jon is also survived by the world's best dog, Monte.

Jon was preceded in death by his Aunt Leslie Pearson, cousin Eli Hazel, Great Uncle John Cheek JR, and Great Grandparents John Cheek SR. (for whom he was named) and Catherine Cheek.

Longfellow Finnegan Riddle Funeral & Cremation Service is entrusted with Jon's funeral arrangements. You may pay your condolences at www.longfellowfinneganriddle.com.

Published in Bozeman Daily Chronicle on May 17, 2019

Jon’s obituary (above) is truly beautiful. While none of the local newspaper articles nor his obituary specifically list Jon’s cause of death, his obituary does describe how he lost his courageous battle with depression. I am thankful to Jon’s family for addressing his depression so openly. It is rare. But their decision to be so open about Jon’s struggles may help another person (or persons) talk about their own depression and possible thoughts of self-harm.

I am thankful to Jon’s family for addressing his depression so openly. It is rare. But their decision to be so open about Jon’s struggles may help another person (or persons) talk about their own depression and possible thoughts of self-harm.
Meeeeeeee toooooooo @loreet ! Thanks for bringing that well-written obit over.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nycissa
Back