Found Deceased MT - Selina (Selena) Not Afraid, 16, I-90 rest area between Billings & Hardin, 1 Jan 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I own a green Subaru Forrester. It was a popular color and model in 2015. I have seen many others on the road. But it's a pale green. The older models are more of a true green color. Some of the older models are two-toned.

I wonder if the searches have turned up a phone. Her phone has to be somewhere. It must have delivered its last ping at some point. And she must have sent a text message or made a call at some point.

I don't think it's accurate to say that all five people told conflicting stories. Per Sheriff Big Hair:

“There’s about two or three different stories from these people in the vehicle,” Big Hair said to the television station. “They’re not all in one story. There’s different stories from a couple of them. We kind of don’t know if they’re telling the truth or not. So that’s why we want to verify.” The television station reported that some of the two men and three women in the van are from Billings.
Selena Not Afraid Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

I'm sorry, but it's simple logic. The sheriff said 5 people are not all telling the same story, and there are 2 or 3 stories, and 2 people are telling different stories.

Four of the five are telling stories that conflict with the story told by the fifth person, That person's story, in turn, conflicts with the other four. That's five people all telling a story that conflicts with at least one other person. That, by definition, would be five persons telling conflicting stories.
But, the sheriff says that there are 2 or 3 stories, and 2 people who conflict with each other. If there are three stories total, that would mean that 3 people are telling the same story, 1 is telling another story, and 1 is telling yet another story. Everyone would be conflicting with at least two other people. By definition, that would also be five people telling conflicting stories. IMO

I'm sorry, but it's simple logic. The sheriff said 5 people are not all telling the same story, and there are 2 or 3 stories, and 2 people are telling different stories.

Four of the five are telling stories that conflict with the story told by the fifth person, That person's story, in turn, conflicts with the other four. That's five people all telling a story that conflicts with at least one other person. That, by definition, would be five persons telling conflicting stories.
But, the sheriff says that there are 2 or 3 stories, and 2 people who conflict with each other. If there are three stories total, that would mean that 3 people are telling the same story, 1 is telling another story, and 1 is telling yet another story. Everyone would be conflicting with at least two other people. By definition, that would also be five people telling conflicting stories. IMO
If you say so, lol. I'm gonna go with a couple of them (two or three) have different stories which is what the Sheriff said. :p

See BBM below.
I don't think it's accurate to say that all five people told conflicting stories. Per Sheriff Big Hair:

“There’s about two or three different stories from these people in the vehicle,” Big Hair said to the television station. “They’re not all in one story. There’s different stories from a couple of them. We kind of don’t know if they’re telling the truth or not. So that’s why we want to verify.” The television station reported that some of the two men and three women in the van are from Billings.
Selena Not Afraid Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Last edited:
UPDATE (Thursday, 12:30 p.m.) — After posting to social media, Hillary RidesHorse told The Sheridan Press she informed local law enforcement that she was the person seen at the Sheridan Information Center and Rest Area Monday, not the missing Montana teen Selena Not Afraid.

After the Sheridan Police Department took the report of a potential sighting, the department obtained surveillance footage from the rest area and contacted the reporting party for follow-up, SPD Lt. Travis Koltiska said.

The search for Not Afraid has been ongoing since Jan. 1, based out of the Big Horn County Sheriff’s Department. Authorities can be reached with tips and information about the search at 406-665-9780. Confirmed sightings may also be disclosed to Sheridan County law enforcement.

UPDATE (Thursday, 11 a.m.) — Since this article was published Wednesday, The Sheridan Press has received reports that the young woman seen at the Sheridan Information Center and Rest Area was not Selena Not Afraid. The Press is investigating the situation and will share an update soon.
https://thesheridanpress.com/118003/potential-sighting-for-missing-montana-teen/
Darn it. I was really hoping that was Selena. At least this girl came forward so the sighting can be ruled out. MOO
If Selina had been drinking heavily, I fear she tripped and fell into a gully or ravine and didn't come to. This is not a judgement call against her, just an observation. We don't have all of the facts yet (obviously).

I'm just not sure what to make of the HT angle and the apparent sighting.

Still praying she is found okay.

JMVHO.

ETA: Just read @imstilla.grandma 's post - so Selina wasn't at the rest stop after all??

If Selina left in the black Nissan Pathfinder, with the red-headed man, we at least have something to work with.
The girl with the red-headed man was sighted at the Sheridan Information Center on Monday but it was a false sighting. She is not Selena. MOO

The lead of the woman with the red-headed man in the SUV who stopped at the Sheridan Rest Stop didn't pan out, but that is okay. That stop is very nice and has a huge number of visitors. It is the first logical place that Selina might be seen if she was leaving the state; or for that matter, if she was returning to Montana. A hundred false leads are no hassle at all if the result is just one sighting! IMO

Bringing forward her social media. Please note her name is spelled Selena (the thread title is incorrect)

Selena Not Afraid-Missing-DreamTeamCaseDiscussions™️
https://www.facebook.com/selena.notafraid?ref=br_rs

You will notice the man pictured in her last post is tagged, but the tag is broken because he unfriended her. You can find him via people search (look for the one in Hardin) and notice where it says he lives. Can't discuss, just a probable lead I am sure the FBI is on to it.

Her birth name is Selina Shelley Faye Not Afraid. Her Facebook page says Selena S. Bell. The Crow tribe calls her Selena Not Afraid Bell. Her aunt calls her Selena. Her friends call her Sal. All of them are her name(s) IMO

Her birth name is Selina Shelley Faye Not Afraid. Her Facebook page says Selena S. Bell. The Crow tribe calls her Selena Not Afraid Bell. Her aunt calls her Selena. Her friends call her Sal. All of them are her name(s) IMO

Because Selena, her family and MSM are using the Selena spelling, it just may make finding the thread easier for those searching. It is a curious discrepancy.

JAN 10, 2020
Big Horn County requests tips from drivers along rest stop area where Hardin teen disappeared
The Big Horn County Sheriff's Office and the FBI are requesting that anyone who drove along Interstate 90 in the hours that Selena Not Afraid went missing to contact law enforcement.

Anyone driving between Billings and Hardin who passed the rest stop at mile marker 474 and the Fly Creek exit between 1:30 p.m. and 4 p.m. on New Year's Day are asked to call the tip line at 406-665-9800.

[...]

Big Horn County Undersheriff Eric Winburn said law enforcement were still searching the area as of Friday morning, but there were no new updates he could comment on.

"We're constantly getting leads," he said. "The update will be when we find her."

[...]

Because Selena, her family and MSM are using the Selena spelling, it just may make finding the thread easier for those searching. It is a curious discrepancy.

Yes, I agree, but LE is using her birth spelling in all communications, and that is not likely to change. I believe the search on WS recognizes both spellings. JMO

JAN 10, 2020
Reward being raised for information on missing teen's whereabouts
A fund has been set up to raise reward money for information on the whereabouts of missing teen Selena Not Afraid. The reward currently sits at about $1,700.00.

[...]

CH said, "Every night, I sit and answer every single message and let every single one of those people know, 'We hear you. Keep it up. Keep praying. Keep spreading the word. Keep making phone calls."

CH said she encourages everyone to wear red on Friday, January 10, in honor of the search for Selena and other missing women.

[...]

Hi there! After taking a dive into her social media, I’m trying to clarify at what point is that final snap chat video in this time line? Because it says she was in a “van” but the vehicle in the snap looks like it could be green with the hood up? And doesn’t look like a van. Is this the green vehicle she was seen in? Anyone know if those in the snap video are the ones who were question with the stories that don’t jive?

Bringing forward her social media. Please note her name is spelled Selena (the thread title is incorrect)

You will notice the man pictured in her last post is tagged, but the tag is broken because he unfriended her. You can find him via people search (look for the one in Hardin) and notice where it says he lives. Can't discuss, just a probable lead I am sure the FBI is on to it.

I believe that is her brother that passed away.

Hi there! After taking a dive into her social media, I’m trying to clarify at what point is that final snap chat video in this time line? Because it says she was in a “van” but the vehicle in the snap looks like it could be green with the hood up? And doesn’t look like a van. Is this the green vehicle she was seen in? Anyone know if those in the snap video are the ones who were question with the stories that don’t jive?
Welcome to Websleuths, Jlowe. Thank you for joining us. :)

BBM It would helpful if you could link the SM account where the snap video is posted. I would like to see that. Please don't post it though, if the video does not come from Selena's SM, MSM, or LE since that would be a violation of Websleuths rules. MOO

Welcome to Websleuths, Jlowe. Thank you for joining us. :)

BBM It would helpful if you could link the SM account where the snap video is posted. I would like to see that. Please don't post it though, if the video does not come from Selena's SM, MSM, or LE since that would be a violation of Websleuths rules. MOO

It’s not on her fb page. It looks like it’s posted by family but not sure and I don’t want to get kicked. Can I tell you vaguely* how I got there?

Preston Bell is Selena's brother. Shot and killed by police in Nov 2017.
Authorities identify man fatally shot by police in Billings

How sad to lose a sibling that way. So it never established if he had a gun, just that he reached for the glove box and the officers thought he had a gun, and he tried to run over deputies with his car.
All besides the point, it’s sad to lose a sibling period, let alone like that. IMO
Their poor family. The brother (police involved shooting), Selena’s twin sister (suicide at just 11 years old), and another sister (hit and run) all deceased. Terrible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur
Back