GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It just seems so strange that a high speed hit would not leave any evidence at the scene of the crime. Wouldn't she either be dragged awhile or be hit and fly in the air and land somewhere? It is odd that there was no evidence of the accident other than the shoe. That makes me wonder if it wasn't maybe an abduction after all. And maybe they are saying it was an accident, to try and minimize their crime. And that might be why the body has not been given up yet too.

It just seems so strange that a high speed hit would not leave any evidence at the scene of the crime. Wouldn't she either be dragged awhile or be hit and fly in the air and land somewhere? It is odd that there was no evidence of the accident other than the shoe. That makes me wonder if it wasn't maybe an abduction after all. And maybe they are saying it was an accident, to try and minimize their crime. And that might be why the body has not been given up yet too.

Unless the shoe showed not only blood and dirt, for example, but also signs of damage as from an accident? The shoe itself could be evidence of a crash. And if the car only hit Sherrie and not anything else, there might not be other evidence there.

my guess is LE wants to keep everything quiet because right now the suspects are being questioned. I don't think they have the body yet. Probably the suspect cannot remember or is playing LE where she is. Maybe they even stated another story of she is alive at the last minute before press conference. Either way, if LE claims that it she is deceased maybe some lawyer will come in ala JB since maybe the suspect hasn't lawyer-ed up yet.

I'm not a serious runner but I do walk/jog at a local park sometimes when the weather is nice in order to switch up my exercise routine. I have pepper spray on my keychain as well as a whistle. People tease me all of the time too but I sometimes STILL feel scared going alone and I live in a relatively low-crime area as well.

I always take my cell and I never carry it in my hands because if someone were to try to grab me, I think the first thing they would do would be to take it away from me. I usually put it in my bra so it's hidden.

If they grab you, you can't get to it.. Take a self defense class just to buy yourself some time to yell like hello and run. My key fob is mace, and besides the keys, another little hard plastic fob that has a whistle, compass and thermometer. I still know my first reaction will be to strike with it than try to take the time to fumble and spray...unless I'm jogging and can place my finger on the button. You still have to be a position to use anything you may have....and what aggravates me. I shouldn't have to. Not getting on you davehead, just....it sucks.. I've had many people/car mechanics tell it's too heavy and could harm my ignition, but I'll take my chances and have had it for over a decade. Stay safe my fellow WS's.

kick them in the private area, poke out their eyes and RUN!

and always yell "FIRE". People pay attention to that vs help for some reason.

It all depends on what part of the vehicle hit what part of the victim, what direction the vehicle and victim were moving in relationship to one another at the moment of impact and a dozen other things.

As I posted earlier, I actually knew the victim of a fatal hit and run. There was no apparent blood or injury to the body at all; he died of a crushed skull with no skin breakage. LE was pretty sure that he was hit by the wing mirror on a tall pickup or a semi from behind and probably a glancing blow, not enough to break the mirror. The speed limit on the road he was walking down was 50 mph and drivers often went a bit faster than that. He seems to have spun on impact and landed partially on the shoulder, partially in the ditch.

Even though there wasn't any other evidence in Sherry Arnold's case at the scene besides the shoe, I would imagine that there was probably plenty of evidence on or in the vehicle.

actually guys seem to automatically know we would go for their privates. i was taught instead to either poke their eyes, throat or to kick their knees. it doesn't really take much to buckle a person's knees. and not with your toes, try the side of your foot. covers more area and you don't have to worry about breaking your toes and not being able to run.

also i use to have to walk home from work late at night. i would walk with my keys between my fingers pointing out.

I couldn't sleep, so I thought I'd stop and check in on Sherry's case... Needless to say, I probably won't be getting much sleep tonight. My heart goes out to her family, friends, students, and the community. I grew up in rural South Dakota, and this type of thing will absolutely devastate a small town. I just can't even imagine what her friends and family are going through.

I went through the thread, and I'm left confused like everyone else.

Hopefully I won't add to the confusion, but here's the story on MSNBC:
Montana School District: Missing teacher is dead

And here is one from KELO, the CBS affiliate in Rapid City, SD:
Body of missing Montana teacher found
Unfortunately, I couldn't get the video that KELO posted to work.

There was a memorial in the high school gym. RIP Sherry :(

And the article gives the current information about what LE has told whom:

...It is the outcome no one wanted. Friday morning, the family of the 43-year-old mother of two said they were informed by law enforcement that she is dead. The tight-knit community prayed for days for Arnold's safe return. The news Friday is heartbreaking.

Few details are being released following Friday's major development. The family is confirming Sherry's death, but law enforcement is not and is not saying anything about the body....

http://www.kulr8.com/news/local/Community-Mourns-Loss-of-Teacher-137336823.html

actually guys seem to automatically know we would go for their privates. i was taught instead to either poke their eyes, throat or to kick their knees. it doesn't really take much to buckle a person's knees. and not with your toes, try the side of your foot. covers more area and you don't have to worry about breaking your toes and not being able to run.

also i use to have to walk home from work late at night. i would walk with my keys between my fingers pointing out.

When I was young in my bar hopping days I hammered a nail on the bottom of my shoe...a long one. (70's here platform shoes) and I could swivel it so the pointed part of the nail faces out the front of the shoe. It was my secret weapon in case I got into trouble. Never had to use it but I did turn it a few times.

I still really don't understand why the law enforcement won't confirm finding her body... there has to be something going on so that they are not saying anything...

I still really don't understand why the law enforcement won't confirm finding her body... there has to be something going on so that they are not saying anything...

It's weird, I know. I am wondering what's going on myself: Did someone make up a story to try and get the reward? Is there some kind of plea being worked out? Maybe the person responsible won't take them to the body unless there is a reduced sentence. I don't get it. They sure did jump on saying she was dead and now no confirmation of body. Do they have evidence that she's dead, bloodied clothes for example, but they don't want anyone going out looking for a body? I am stumped, but I guess we'll hear more today.

Just had a thought. Could Sherry have been on life support and the family decided to pull the plug and confirmed her death but LE can't until autopsy is done and proper charges are filed against the perp (s) ?

Still scratching my head.

Could Sherry have been on life support and the family decided to pull the plug and confirmed her death but LE can't until autopsy is done and proper charges are filed against the perp (s) ?
No.

I think it might be as simple as the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. You have multiple agencies involved and communication is often the biggest area of challenge.

FBI is saying nothing. A local small town police dept says something, then something else, then kind of backtracks leaving people scratching their heads.

It's not a conspiracy...it's just bad coordination of communication and getting a consistent statement. Whether or not the FBI and/or local authorities have recovered her remains yet will soon become apparent.

Any guessing is likely to be incorrect.

No.

I think it might be as simple as the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. You have multiple agencies involved and communication is often the biggest area of challenge.

FBI is saying nothing. A local small town police dept says something, then something else, then kind of backtracks leaving people scratching their heads.

It's not a conspiracy...it's just bad coordination of communication and getting a consistent statement. Whether or not the FBI and/or local authorities have recovered her remains yet will soon become apparent.

Any guessing is likely to be incorrect.

Not sure where you got the idea that I said it was a conspiracy. :waitasec:

If they grab you, you can't get to it.. Take a self defense class just to buy yourself some time to yell like hello and run. My key fob is mace, and besides the keys, another little hard plastic fob that has a whistle, compass and thermometer. I still know my first reaction will be to strike with it than try to take the time to fumble and spray...unless I'm jogging and can place my finger on the button. You still have to be a position to use anything you may have....and what aggravates me. I shouldn't have to. Not getting on you davehead, just....it sucks.. I've had many people/car mechanics tell it's too heavy and could harm my ignition, but I'll take my chances and have had it for over a decade. Stay safe my fellow WS's.

I know you weren't getting on me!! I have taken a self-defense class. My thinking with the cell phone isn't that I will be able to use it but that it would at least be able to be pinged and give at least some clue if I were to be abducted. I would rather have it with me, if only for a little bit, than laying on the ground where I was taken from.

I cannot believe a conversation like this is taking place. It just shouldn't have to be this way. :furious:

When I was young in my bar hopping days I hammered a nail on the bottom of my shoe...a long one. (70's here platform shoes) and I could swivel it so the pointed part of the nail faces out the front of the shoe. It was my secret weapon in case I got into trouble. Never had to use it but I did turn it a few times.

:waitasec: Your secret weapon is going to stay stuck in my brain until I figure out exactly how you made it work.

Did you hammer it in at an angle from the bottom of the shoe , pointing out the front under the toe?
How far did it stick out?
Did you bend the sticky-outie end downward for "safety" and twist it upward for "deserted parking lot"?
Did it stick out all of the time?
Ever get it stuck in the shag carpet or on your bell-bottom pants, or were you a mini-skirt/hot pants girl?

:waitasec: Help! I can't stop!

My best weapon against being targeted by a mugger or pervert is attitude. I'm a smallish woman, but I always look people in the eye, scan the parking lot while walking to my car and give off an air of confidence. I walk quickly with a purpose and have my keys out and ready. Perps look for fear,weakness or someone who is distracted and won't know what hit them until it's too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties