GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
S*****'s guys are legitimate. But there's a weird thing where very iffy looking guys show up and are very pushy about selling meat -- one day we found some guys in our mudroom (creepy, methy-looking guys) and when we asked what the heck they were doing there, they asked if we wanted meat some leftover meat they had -- good price, they said. Um, no.

My point was that going door to door to sell meat (or food) was not necessarily creepy. :)

However, S****** (who I did not want to associate with the crime since I did not think they were the company mentioned in the rumor post) also has strict driving record requirements (or so they did when a friends DH worked for them here).

Rumor: I did read somewhere (consider rumor, don't have link) that Waters' employer had sent him to Sidney. I do not recall whether the employer was meat-related or oil-related.

NewsChannel 5 spoke to a family member of Spell who was not comfortable having his name published, but he tells us he thinks Spell was threatened by Waters.

"He [Spell] was going up there to work with this guy and came to find out the guy threatened Michael, my brother, that if he didn't do what he said and everything, he would come back and kill his little baby and his wife," he said.

The family member said he couldn't elaborate on exactly what Spell was threatened to do.

http://www.krextv.com/news/around-t...-Aggravated-Kidnapping-Charges-137449343.html

Get the lawyer out of the way and like Mark Eiglarsh said, work on Spell!

Williams County Sheriff Scott Busching said the two suspects have made court appearances or are in the process. However, the closure of court offices for the weekend and the holiday Monday have confounded efforts to track legal documents filed in their cases. Busching said it's up to prosecutors to determine whether charges will be filed at the state or federal level.

Read more: http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/fb...04e-11e1-9295-001871e3ce6c.html#ixzz1jgGK8mfh

The only reference we have to these men selling meat door to door thus far is a comment on a news page. Therefore, we must consider that to be an unsubstantiated rumor at this point.

However, there is a great deal of sleuthing to be done as regards both suspects' backgrounds, and how and when they may have met.

Williams County Sheriff Scott Busching said the two suspects have made court appearances or are in the process. However, the closure of court offices for the weekend and the holiday Monday have confounded efforts to track legal documents filed in their cases. Busching said it's up to prosecutors to determine whether charges will be filed at the state or federal level.

Read more: http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/fb...04e-11e1-9295-001871e3ce6c.html#ixzz1jgGK8mfh

I saw that too. I know I missed something because I thought that we'd have to know where they hid Sherry to determine whether or not federal charges could be filed. Help! :)

I can't understand what is being gained by not telling what sort of vehicle they were driving. In such rural areas, vehicles are noticed more than in cities, and someone would have seen them at some point over the days when Sherrie was first taken. There is too wide an area to be searched, without more information for the public to be of use, IMO.

posting the post you were responding to for clarity:

IIRC, it was that Sherry was last seen jogging by the post office, so maybe the shoe was found near the post office?

According to at least one media report, her shoe was found at Holly and 9th, adjacent to Sidney Sugars.

Map (slow to load)

The shoe was recovered in a ditch on the corner of Holly Street and Ninth Avenue, adjacent to the Sidney Sugar factory. Ninth Avenue, commonly known as the "truck route," is a place where Sherry commonly jogs and where thousands of semi trucks and vehicles pass through on their way to the oil fields.

Burnison noted, "There was stuff found on her shoe that we have collected as evidence."

http://www.krtv.com/news/fbi-joins-search-for-missing-sidney-teacher/

The former FBI agent, Steve Moore, said it looks to him that Waters got a job with the oil industry and they (the job) sent him over to Sidney.

Here is the reference I read "somewhere" ! LOL

Trying to catch up and keep up -- makes it hard to know where I've been and where I'm going. :waitasec:

eta
If we knew what company Waters worked for, it might help in finding the cities/states he is connected with. Same with Spell.

NewsChannel 5 spoke to a family member of Spell who was not comfortable having his name published, but he tells us he thinks Spell was threatened by Waters.

"He [Spell] was going up there to work with this guy and came to find out the guy threatened Michael, my brother, that if he didn't do what he said and everything, he would come back and kill his little baby and his wife," he said.

The family member said he couldn't elaborate on exactly what Spell was threatened to do.

http://www.krextv.com/news/around-t...-Aggravated-Kidnapping-Charges-137449343.html

I have been thinking all along that LVW has more to do with this than Spell does and that Spell was just kinda at the wrong place at the wrong time and was threatened or something like that.... I bet he was heading back to his wife and baby to get them moved to someplace where LVW would not be able to find them....
I have to wonder why LE don't have a description of a vehicle that they were in, it would help a lot I think.

According to at least one media report, her shoe was found at Holly and 9th, adjacent to Sidney Sugars.

Map (slow to load)

The shoe was recovered in a ditch on the corner of Holly Street and Ninth Avenue, adjacent to the Sidney Sugar factory. Ninth Avenue, commonly known as the "truck route," is a place where Sherry commonly jogs and where thousands of semi trucks and vehicles pass through on their way to the oil fields.

Burnison noted, "There was stuff found on her shoe that we have collected as evidence."

Forgot about the "stuff" on the shoe. We know that the accident theory is out based on the charges, Sherry must have fought really hard.

I can't understand what is being gained by not telling what sort of vehicle they were driving. In such rural areas, vehicles are noticed more than in cities, and someone would have seen them at some point over the days when Sherrie was first taken. There is too wide an area to be searched, without more information for the public to be of use, IMO.

ITA makes no sense.

I saw that too. I know I missed something because I thought that we'd have to know where they hid Sherry to determine whether or not federal charges could be filed. Help! :)

JMO and all that, but it depends on where they "think/can prove" she died. BUT if they hid her body on BLM land then I think we will see the Feds enter the case.

http://www.blm.gov/mt/st/en.html

Bureau of Land Management employees in Montana, North Dakota and South Dakota care for 8.3 million acres of public land in the three states as well as a 47-million acre mineral estate. These public lands contain energy and mineral production, vast expanses of open space, breathtaking scenery, recreation opportunities, national monuments, grazing livestock, historic and prehistoric sites, wildlife, wild horses, watersheds, timbered mountains, and rolling prairies.

BLM land is particular to the western states as they entered the Union. Each of those states gave up lots and lots of land to the Feds as part of the "deal".

NM and AZ were the last two states (on the main land) to enter and thus lost most of their land to the Feds.
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0763770.html

ND, SD and MT lost lots also ^^^ link above.
Bureau of Land Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just something to ponder. LOTS of land to search for one woman. :(

LE seems very convinced about where landowners should be looking for a body,
but I wonder where that info came from, I mean, if the suspects gave them this info,
why would you believe them? Why would they tell the truth? I think I'd be looking in
all the opposite kinds of places. Unless there is another person involved, or maybe one of them has been promised lesser charges if they find her.

JMO and all that, but it depends on where they "think/can prove" she died. BUT if they hid her body on BLM land then I think we will see the Feds enter the case.

http://www.blm.gov/mt/st/en.html

Bureau of Land Management employees in Montana, North Dakota and South Dakota care for 8.3 million acres of public land in the three states as well as a 47-million acre mineral estate. These public lands contain energy and mineral production, vast expanses of open space, breathtaking scenery, recreation opportunities, national monuments, grazing livestock, historic and prehistoric sites, wildlife, wild horses, watersheds, timbered mountains, and rolling prairies.

BLM land is particular to the western states as they entered the Union. Each of those states gave up lots and lots of land to the Feds as part of the "deal".

NM and AZ were the last two states (on the main land) to enter and thus lost most of their land to the Feds.
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0763770.html

ND, SD and MT lost lots also ^^^ link above.
Bureau of Land Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just something to ponder. LOTS of land to search for one woman. :(

Thanks, that's interesting! I didn't know about all of that. I had only thought about the transporting Sherry over state lines, that that would cause federal charges to be filed.

Do they have reverse 911?

I know we don't in my county, although it has come up for a vote the last few years. It's just a little too expensive and it's not a state mandate, so my tiny county (less than 17K residents) keeps putting it off.

There's only so much money in the county budget and there is so much that we have no option but to fund. I mean, even an new traffic light is a significant budget item that has to be voted on.

Rural USA is so, so different from the urban USA that 80% of the population lives in.

That answers a question I had. That is... do the areas that need to be searched have reverse 911. Thank you for asking, and thank you for answering.

Map (slow to load)

You had provided a map some ways back. Small street. A field on one side and houses on the other side.

This is just terrible. You would think someone would have heard the accident. So probably it wasn't an accident. Maybe a kidnapping gone bad. She fought them off and was overcome by them. Makes me shiver to think about it.

The stuff on the shoe (if it exists) could have been dry ice ... or oil residue ... something from the perp.

She might have been kicking at them with her stronger leg and they grabbed her foot and the shoe came off.

This area will not have much in the way of gas stations and surveillance but IMO a "strange vehicle" would stand out in the memory of residents.

If they were connected to the oil industry, other possible states:

OK
WY
(MT, CO, ND, SD) we know about these

This is the company connected to Bakken Fields. (Well, one anyway.)

Maybe these guys stole the truck and they are not talking. Happens alot. They steal the truck and go to another state and sell the meat. Easy money.

ITA makes no sense.

The only thing I can think of re: truck

They have tissue/DNA on/in truck that verifies Sherry is connected to the truck.

There is video from a local business that shows Sherry and truck in approximate location.

I've buzzed by a truck mentioned and it just occurred to me, do we know they were driving in a truck? :)

I agree, a vehicle description would be awesome, especially since I'm assuming not many people travel in some of the more isolated areas where they may have hidden Sherry's body.

And what state is the license plate from? I know I, for one, take an interest in out of state license plates. This, alone, could start the narrowing down process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kezzx