GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case is educating me in a whole new area. I am pleased that posters are reporting increases in jobs throughout the country. We have all been either directly or indirectly affected by the high unemployment rates.

But, it also indicates that developments in infrastructure must coincide with increase in job opportunities to assure greatest effectiveness.

I am recognizing that there is a chasm developing between the city "folks" and the more newly arrived workers. It is disheartening to see a situation where both groups could support each other in actuality become estranged.

I am not blaming any group or individuals for this. It just shows me that decreasing unemployment is more complex than just "creating jobs".

Ya but wouldn't they want to verify it before making an announcement that she is deceased?

After LE had Victoria Stafford's killers in custody did they report that Tori was dead or was that just assumed to be the case until they found her? Do you remember?

IIRC, Terri-Lynne McClintic led LE to her remains after confessing but they had told the family she was dead.

Her dad didn't want to accept it until he saw her remains.

"I just don't know what to say," he said. "Right now, they're saying they have enough evidence to verify that Victoria has passed, but I myself, as Victoria's father, refuse to believe that until I actually see remains of my daughter, or my daughter's body.

"I love her with all my heart and until I see her, I will not lay this to rest," added Stafford, who was wearing a T-shirt with a picture of Victoria that read "Daddy's Little Girl."

:(

This case is educating me in a whole new area. I am pleased that posters are reporting increases in jobs throughout the country. We have all been either directly or indirectly affected by the high unemployment rates.

But, it also indicates that developments in infrastructure must coincide with increase in job opportunities to assure greatest effectiveness.

I am recognizing that there is a chasm developing between the city "folks" and the more newly arrived workers. It is disheartening to see a situation where both groups could support each other in actuality become estranged.

I am not blaming any group or individuals for this. It just shows me that decreasing unemployment is more complex than just "creating jobs".

It is really sad.

We used to get a lot of people from CA here. When people move somewhere like that they are going into a risky situation where the odds of hitting a bump in the road are that much higher and the consequences more devastating to people who don't have established community supports in place. It puts a huge burden on social services etc. in the area.

I am trying to think of what scenario could exist that would validate proof of death without finding the complete remains; proof enough that would warrant a statement from LE to the family and the community. :waitasec:
Jeez... my mind is going in very dark places.

IIRC, Terri-Lynne McClintic led LE to her remains after confessing but they had told the family she was dead.

Her dad didn't want to accept it until he saw her remains.

:(

I remember that about her father, such a beautiful little girl. I wasn't sure though what they told the media or if LE did say she was gone and her father just didn't want to accept it until she was found.

I think we can still be hopeful they will find Sherry. Even if the suspects tried to dispose of Sherry's body completely that doesn't mean they did a good job of it. I'm kicking myself because I can't remember the name of the girl who was murdered by a recently released from prison perv who tried to burn her body but did a poor job of it.

It hasn't been that long since she went missing, combine that with how cold it is there and maybe LE will be able to get a lot of evidence if they find Sherry.

Isn't it too cold to be able to dig a hole there?

It is really sad.

We used to get a lot of people from CA here. When people move somewhere like that they are going into a risky situation where the odds of hitting a bump in the road are that much higher and the consequences more devastating to people who don't have established community supports in place. It puts a huge burden on social services etc. in the area.

It is not too unlike immigrants coming to a new country and having to assimilate into a new culture.

Or maybe, as in several cases I can recall, whoever disposed of the remains just isn't able to give a good enough description of where they were placed.

There was a case, several years ago, of a father who parentally abducted his two children, killed them, then hit I-80. He stopped at some point between Indiana and Coralville Iowa and buried their bodies. After he was caught, he gave a description of the burial site... but that description fit literally dozens of exits along his route. The description included stuff like buildings and powerlines and vegetation but he didn't remember the exit number or even which state he was in.

And then he committed suicide in prison.

The children were finally found by a woman who was deliberately checking out places that she knew of that fit the description. She took her Boxer with her and the dog went to a certain spot and started digging.

The high plains area of Montana, North Dakota and South Dakot are vast and, to someone not intimately familiar with the area, difficult to describe any single spot accurately.

Same thing with Gladis and Richard Russell...Littleton gave a vague description where they were, but it was not exact. He was on the run too...

It is not too unlike immigrants coming to a new country and having to assimilate into a new culture.

Its exactly like that, and as in that situation I'm sure the financial strains that everyone is feeling just fuel the fire enough without the mayor making comments like he did.

Kind of OT, but it appears as though the surge in population in Montana is not very welcome by many in the state.

Nearby, youth group leader Carrie Driver doesn't mince words on her view of newcomers.

"Go back where you came from, pretty much!" Driver jokes. "Especially if you're coming from California or these other states and they buy up secondary houses that they don't even use, and then expect that they can come in and tell us how we need to run ours because they live here two months out of the year."

The state's entire population grew about 10 percent over the last decade, but those million Montanans are stretched over an area bigger than New York, Pennsylvania, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New Jersey and Rhode Island combined. The density is fewer than seven people per square mile.

http://www.npr.org/2012/01/15/145168891/montanas-wide-open-spaces-getting-a-bit-crowded?ft=1&f=1001

JVM
http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/bestoftv/2012/01/13/jvm-sherry-arnold-confirmed-dead.hln

I hadn't seen this. They (JVM staff) had two tips not confirmed by LE that she was hit my a car and they hid her body.

Suspect number one was found in Williston, North Dakotas, which is also known for its oil riggs and is about 45 miles away from Sidney. It sounds like the other suspect, who is 20, was in a different town Rapid City, South Dakota that is about a six hour drive from Sidney.

They talk about car damage from hitting a woman hard enough to knock her out of her shoes would be significant. Car damage and any body fluids on the car would be evidence that could help with a conviction.

I wonder if the driver was DUI.

Just reading the DM article that has the men's ages reported as 22 and 47.

f683838c-1-1.jpg

Resized map but can't edit post. Will try to find mod who is online to do.

I remember that about her father, such a beautiful little girl. I wasn't sure though what they told the media or if LE did say she was gone and her father just didn't want to accept it until she was found.

I think we can still be hopeful they will find Sherry. Even if the suspects tried to dispose of Sherry's body completely that doesn't mean they did a good job of it. I'm kicking myself because I can't remember the name of the girl who was murdered by a recently released from prison perv who tried to burn her body but did a poor job of it.

It hasn't been that long since she went missing, combine that with how cold it is there and maybe LE will be able to get a lot of evidence if they find Sherry.

Isn't it too cold to be able to dig a hole there?

http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/resource/habitat/climate/figlist.htm

f683838c-1-1.jpg

Resized map but can't edit post. Will try to find mod who is online to do.

THANK YOU.

Again, depending on where she is/was, it may be a reservation and multi jurisdictions involved.

Jacie, is the editing time gone for your post on page 4? If not, maybe you can delete the big map and copy that one in? Or even just link to it?

LOL -- I'm not going back to that page until the map is smaller. :)

BBM Here in South Dakota, as well as in Wyoming, Montana and North Dakota there is a schism in thought; politicians and some people want the tax revenue and the monies spent to boost the local economy while others don't want the influx of people. The oil companies do bring in trailers to accommodate some of the housing needs. But there are families throughout the Bakken oil field areas living in motels and campers because the fathers are working in the fields. The money is too good for them to not make the living adjustments, especially in a down economy.

Kind of OT, but it appears as though the surge in population in Montana is not very welcome by many in the state.

http://www.npr.org/2012/01/15/145168891/montanas-wide-open-spaces-getting-a-bit-crowded?ft=1&f=1001

I know there's been a lot of speculation about oil workers being responsible for Sherry's disappearance, largely due to the mayor's comments, but what about someone who works at the sugar beet refinery in Sidney? Or someone who was delivering something to or picking something up from the sugar factory? It was reported that Sherry's shoe was found near the sugar factory. There might have been a shift change at the factory around the time she was jogging in that area.

Or maybe someone from the sugar factory coming on or off shift witnessed something.

Jacie, is the editing time gone for your post on page 4? If not, maybe you can delete the big map and copy that one in? Or even just link to it?

LOL -- I'm not going back to that page until the map is smaller. :)

LOL Yes the edit time is past. We are leaving the hotel in about an hour and will be on the road most of the day. I'll do a mod alert. Sorry for the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo