GUILTY MT - Tennielle Big Day, 3, thrown from truck, dies, Big Horn County, 3 Dec 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ok, I am going to break down this article as it seems the most coherent and here is what is reported:

Victim: Tenielle, a 3 year old baby girl

Arrested: Mom Mary Leider (ML), (Tenielle’s mother) who is charged with throwing her daughter from a moving vehicle.

Brother W: who was driving truck (owned by Mary L) when ML threw child from truck

Brother A: was in back seat of truck, arguing with Brother W before the crime

Grandma GD : Tenielle’s grandmother, ML and Brother A (but apparently not mom of Brother W)

Around 4 am on December 4th, 2012, 3 adult sibling (Mary L, Brother A and Brother W) were riding around in a truck owned by Mary but driven by brother W. Apparent the Grandmother of Tenielle (Grandma GD) was calling the trio and trying to get the child back home but the group was not responding and continued to drink, drive around and argue.

Then Mom (ML) has Tennielle who is quietly on her mom’s lap, Mom simply opens the door and dumps the child out. Driving Brother W stops the vehicle, they find the child who is deceased and Brother W takes child, puts her in back seat of truck and leaves scene (mile Marker 11), while Mom (ML) and Brother A are left stranded by the side of the road. An officer responded to the scene of these 2 and ML said her baby was “gone” and that she had been hit by a vehicle.

Then officer hears call for scene at Mile Marker 19 (8 miles away, I presume) for a call about a deceased 3 year old child. He goes to scene and find Grandma GD and Brother W (who was the driver of truck at time of baby throwing). Brother D took the officer to the vehicle where Little Tennielle lay dead in the backseat.

Brother D reported that he, ML and Brother A had been “partying” and had taken Tennielle along. Grandma GD tried to get in touch with them to get Tennielle home but was not successful so she was driving around searching when she came upon her daughter’s on the road being driven by Brother W who told her something was wrong with Tennielle.

Grandma GD saw the baby in the backseat ans she was not breathing and not responsive. Brother W told her that ML had thrown the child from the truck. Grandma GD calls 911 and put the baby in HER car.

ML claimed Brother made her hit head on the dash prior to the incident and doesn’t remember how child was injured. She alternated between saying “I killed my baby” and then trying to claim they were in a vehicular accident. She was brought to the hospital where her Blood Alcohol Level was shown to be .24 (legal limit is usually .08, not sure what this state has).

Truck was thoroughly examined and tested and all doors were functioning properly and it had NOT been in any accident prior to the child’s death. The FBI is involved with the investigation and ML faces up to life in prison and $250,000 fine and 5 years of supervised release.

I took my facts from this link which seems to be the most coherent and fact filled.
http://montanasnewsstation.com/news/mother-charged-for-death-of-3-year-old-daughter/

I feel like I am just repeating myself but I am trying to make some sense of it. Ultimately it will not make sense but I have a grip on who was where and that this indeed seems to be no accident, that mom purposefully threw Tennielle from the truck to her death.

Correct me if I am wrong on any of this. I need all the help I can get.

In the original article, the comments section repeatedly stated that this 'mother' had ANOTHER three-year-old that had died. Anyone know about this?

Yes, Tennielle had an older sister who also died at the age of 3. Her sisters name was Galena Leider.

I don't understand how people can breed 'em and kill 'em, when they are their own children.

Her BAC was enormous. I understand that addiction is tough to recover from, I get that. What I don't get is why the loss of the first child wasn't enough to realize she has a problem.

I don't understand how that very very long list of friends named in Tennielle's obit didn't think to get this child out of a bad situation. It's a foreign world to me when everyone turns a blind eye to a child being abused and endangered. :sigh: :(

Thanks SwampMama. I agree with you wholeheartedly in regard to the state of journalism these days... It's really a shame because our free press is so important to our liberty, but I digress...

It makes a lot more sense now that you have put things together. Things were definitely confusing in all of those articles, but I think you've got it mostly figured out.

I feel so sorry for the little one, but at least she is somewhere truly safe now, with her sister, and the rest of her ancestors as well.

The thread was started on 12/5, but the article in the OP is dated 12/4. Still odd that both were in early December and both at the age of 3.

The thread was started on 12/5, but the article in the OP is dated 12/4. Still odd that both were in early December and both at the age of 3.

Not offering an excuse by any means, but perhaps the anniversary of the other girl's death is a reason they were partying so hard that night? As a way of forgetting the loss in some way?

Not like I'd go out and party, drive around drunk and throw my kid out a moving vehicle, but I know that the last week in April is the week I hate the most out of the entire year as a couple tragic things in my life have happened in that week, and it's a hard one for me emotionally...

Like I said, it would not be an excuse in any way, shape, or form for what these people did to this girl, but it may offer an explanation of the dates of their deaths - and even perhaps their age... Who knows what was going on in this woman's mind, really! I'd be interested to know what she and her brother were fighting over before she threw the girl out...

Maybe he was accusing her of having the other girl to replace the one she lost and in her drunken state she wanted to "prove" she wasn't??? I know - that sounds crazy - but we are dealing with someone who definitely wasn't in her right mind (whether she ever is, or not...).

Not knowing the circumstances surrounding her other daughter's death it's hard to make any other inferences. I do know that people who have been abused in their childhood often go through a lot of problems when their children hit the age they were abused at - but then we don't know if this woman was abused in childhood, and again that wouldn't be any excuse to take it out on her child. Most abused people in that situation would tend to react the opposite way - being overprotective - not wanting to get rid of their child!

This is all just so disturbing, frankly. I feel for the Grandma, and for those working on this case (LE, Medical Examiner, etc...) as well.

I can speak as a first responder who has dealt with drunks and the carnage and chaos that they cause. They leave damage that lasts a lifetime yet are often blissfully unable to remember what they did and what other can never forget. They should be presented with pictures and footage of what they have caused, not allowed to be blissfully ignorant of the path of destruction they leave in their wake.

I for one, will never forget the sight of a tiny hand which was the only part visible of a young child, crushed by a rolling car, who was killed in a one car accident caused by her drunk mom. The mom was at the scene, hysterical, couldn't even tell us how many kids she had. Imagine the professionalism it takes to deal with such a situation without losing it with anger or sadness or even just grossing out over having to scoop up remnants of a child.

I doubt the mom even remembers all of that. She was too busy driving, furious at her bf. Another case had a young girl killed instantly while the drunk driver who killed was furiously swearing at cops who arrested her, demanding that they better know who they were messing with.

And the drunken mom in this case wasn't even driving. she just hurled the child from the vehicle. There wasn't even any cause for this child to be out at 3am with the people who were drinking. Her grandmother was calling trying to get her home and even went looking for her. I feel for the grandmother because her grandchild is dead and her daughter is the killer and grandma tried to prevent it and couldn't.

That's how many problem drunks are , defiant, hostile and quick to anger. There is no reasoning with them. This is a heartbreaking case, especially since there were no "accidental" factors to it. Mom did it on purpose, she purposefully threw her child away. She needs to be put away for life.

Crow Woman Sentenced In Murder Of Daughter, 3
October 22, 2013 8:09 PM

BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) — A woman from Montana’s Crow Indian Reservation was sentenced to more than two decades in prison for killing her daughter by throwing the 3-year-old out of a fast-moving pickup after an overnight drinking binge. The judge overseeing the case called it “incomprehensible.”

Mary Agnes Leider, of St. Xavier, was sentenced Tuesday to 21 years and 10 months in prison without chance of parole for second-degree murder in the December 2012 death of Tennielle Ameryl Big Day.
http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2013/10/22/crow-woman-sentenced-in-murder-of-daughter-3/

21 years & 10 months is not long enough!

Another crappy sentence. Sigh. She threw a three year old out of a moving car FFS.

Will she have to serve the whole sentence? Any time off thingies in Montana?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back